Ballard Power Systems, Inc. (BLDP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BLDP POWR Grades
- BLDP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 86.19% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BLDP is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- BLDP's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 2.8% of US stocks).
BLDP Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 50.1, Ballard Power Systems Inc has a higher such ratio than 95.17% of stocks in our set.
- BLDP's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 7.11% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BLDP is more volatile than 92.85% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ballard Power Systems Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NPTN, RMBS, FOLD, SILC, and CLVS.
- BLDP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ballard Power Systems Inc's official web site, go to www.ballard.com.
BLDP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, BLDP's price/sales ratio is 2700% higher, now standing at 50.4.
- Over the past 225 months, BLDP's price/sales ratio has gone up 37.5.
- Over the past 225 months, BLDP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 50.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BLDP.
BLDP Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 310.1%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 0.04%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 546.2%.
The table below shows BLDP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BLDP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BLDP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.26% of graded US stocks.
- BLDP's asset turnover comes in at 0.086 -- ranking 41st of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- FCEL, SPB, and SCWO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BLDP.
The table below shows BLDP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BLDP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BLDP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.47||52-week high||$42.28|
|Prev. close||$15.63||52-week low||$12.78|
|Day high||$16.59||Avg. volume||4,884,703|
|50-day MA||$15.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.68||Market Cap||4.90B|
Ballard Power Systems, Inc. (BLDP) Company Bio
Ballard Power Systems Inc. engages in the development and commercialization of proton exchange membrane fuel cells worldwide. The company is primarily involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale, and service of fuel cell stacks, modules, and systems for various applications. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Burnaby, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
BLDP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BLDP Latest Social Stream
View Full BLDP Social Stream
Latest BLDP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ballard Power Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BLDP as an investment opportunity.
Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) (TSX: BLDP) will hold a conference call on Tuesday, November 9th, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time (11:00 a.m. Eastern Time) to review third quarter 2021 operating results.
In this article, we discuss the 9 best hydrogen fuel cell stocks to buy. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Best Hydrogen Fuel Cell Stocks To Buy. Hydrogen fuel cell technology is set to grow as governments around the world get serious about solving the climate […]
Ballard Power Systems and Forsee Power to enter long-term strategic partnership to develop and commercialize integrated fuel cell and battery solutions for heavy-duty hydrogen mobility
Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) (TSX: BDLP), a world leader in PEM fuel cells, and Forsee Power, a leader in smart battery systems for sustainable electromobility, announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for a strategic partnership to develop fully integrated fuel cell and battery solutions, optimized for performance, cost and installation for heavy-duty hydrogen mobility applications.
Truist analyst Tristan Richardson initiated Ballard Power Systems Inc (NASDAQ: BLDP) with a Hold rating and a price target of , implying an upside of 12%. Richardson cites expectations of accelerating positive trends in Solar & Energy Storage, with global policy frameworks around decarbonization driving policy support, along with expectations of 20% growth in residential installations for 2022 and 2023 after a "substantial rebound" coming in 2021. He further adds that Ballard Power represents a
Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) (TSX: BLDP) today announced that the Company has signed an Equipment Supply Agreement to provide 8 of its 70-kilowatt FCmoveTM-HD fuel cell modules to Talgo S.A. (Talgo; www.talgo.com) – a leader in the design, manufacture, and maintenance of high-speed light rail trains, headquartered in Madrid, Spain – for trials of its Talgo Vittal-One commuter and regional passenger train. Talgo plans to conduct their demonstration in early 2022 in Spain, with expected co
BLDP Price Returns
Continue Researching BLDPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Ballard Power Systems Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch