Ballard Power Systems, Inc. (BLDP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BLDP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BLDP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 46.65% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BLDP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- BLDP ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
BLDP Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 19.32, BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC has a higher such ratio than 93.67% of stocks in our set.
- BLDP's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 8.11% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC is reporting a growth rate of 117.62%; that's higher than 87.97% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be VBLT, GLYC, ATNM, AGLE, and TMBR.
- BLDP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC's official web site, go to www.ballard.com.
BLDP Valuation Summary
- BLDP's price/sales ratio is 19.7; this is 795.45% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- BLDP's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BLDP.
BLDP Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.82%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -2565.27%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -204.6%.
The table below shows BLDP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BLDP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BLDP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 5.91% of graded US stocks.
- BLDP's asset turnover comes in at 0.086 -- ranking 41st of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- FCEL, SPB, and SCWO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BLDP.
The table below shows BLDP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BLDP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BLDP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.30||52-week high||$12.57|
|Prev. close||$6.48||52-week low||$4.43|
|Day high||$6.54||Avg. volume||2,943,040|
|50-day MA||$5.72||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.66||Market Cap||1.88B|
Ballard Power Systems, Inc. (BLDP) Company Bio
Ballard Power Systems Inc. engages in the development and commercialization of proton exchange membrane fuel cells worldwide. The company is primarily involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale, and service of fuel cell stacks, modules, and systems for various applications. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Burnaby, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
BLDP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BLDP Latest Social Stream
View Full BLDP Social Stream
Latest BLDP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BLDP as an investment opportunity.
The clean energy revolution is about to kick into hypergrowth mode, and these three hydrogen stocks are ready to soar because of it.
Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) (TSX: BLDP) will hold a conference call on Friday, March 17th, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time (11:00 a.m. Eastern Time) to review fourth quarter and full year 2022 operating results.
Ballard Power Systems Inc (NASDAQ: BLDP ) shares are trading lower by 3.97% to $6.18 Thursday. The stock may be falling in sympathy with peer fuel cell and clean energy manufacturing company Plug Power after the company on Wednesday said it is targeting 2023 revenue of $1.4 billion and gross margin of 10%. Additionally, JP Morgan analyst Bill Peterson on Thursday maintained Plug Power … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:BLDP) Shares Surged 5.07% In A Week – But Can It Maintain Its Gains?
In last trading session, Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:BLDP) saw 3.08 million shares changing hands with its beta currently measuring 1.81. Company’s recent per share price level of $6.43 trading at $0.2 or 3.21% at ring of the bell on the day assigns it a market valuation of $1.82B. That closing price of BLDP’s stock … Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:BLDP) Shares Surged 5.07% In A Week – But Can It Maintain Its Gains? Read More »
Ballard Power Systems (BLDP) +2% pre-market Monday after saying it received an order for a fuel cell system from CrossWind, a joint venture company in Europe between Shell (SHEL) and Eneco.
BLDP Price Returns
Continue Researching BLDPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Ballard Power Systems Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch