Ballard Power Systems, Inc. (BLDP): Price and Financial Metrics
BLDP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.18||52-week high||$9.28|
|Prev. close||$4.28||52-week low||$3.97|
|Day high||$4.27||Avg. volume||2,717,588|
|50-day MA||$4.73||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.79||Market Cap||1.25B|
BLDP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BLDP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BLDP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 57.91% of US stocks.
- BLDP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- BLDP's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 2.45% of US stocks).
BLDP Stock Summary
- BLDP's price/sales ratio is 17.27; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 93.61% of US stocks.
- BLDP's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 8.12% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC comes in at -29.51%, a number that bests only 8.06% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BLDP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SABS, BCDA, INO, EQ, and UTSI.
- Visit BLDP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ballard.com.
BLDP Valuation Summary
- BLDP's price/sales ratio is 17.1; this is 1454.55% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- BLDP's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BLDP.
BLDP Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.82%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -2565.27%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -204.6%.
The table below shows BLDP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BLDP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BLDP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 5.91% of graded US stocks.
- BLDP's asset turnover comes in at 0.086 -- ranking 41st of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- FCEL, SPB, and SCWO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BLDP.
The table below shows BLDP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BLDP Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of BLDP, see our BLDP price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$24.13||Average Broker Recommendation||1.61 (Moderate Buy)|
Ballard Power Systems, Inc. (BLDP) Company Bio
Ballard Power Systems Inc. engages in the development and commercialization of proton exchange membrane fuel cells worldwide. The company is primarily involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale, and service of fuel cell stacks, modules, and systems for various applications. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Burnaby, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
BLDP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BLDP Latest Social Stream
View Full BLDP Social Stream
Latest BLDP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BALLARD POWER SYSTEMS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BLDP as an investment opportunity.
The 3 Most Promising Hydrogen Stocks to Buy for May 2023
These hydrogen stocks to buy represent the crème de la crème of the green hydrogen space, with strong potential for massive long-term gains.
Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:BLDP) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript
Ballard Power Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:BLDP) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript May 10, 2023 Ballard Power Systems Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $-0.11, expectations were $-0.13. Operator: Operator: Thank you, for standing by. This is the conference operator. Welcome to the Ballard Power Systems First Quarter 2023 Results Conference Call. As a reminder, all […]
Ballard Power Systems (BLDP) Reports Q1 Loss, Misses Revenue Estimates
Ballard (BLDP) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 15.38% and 27.47%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Ballard Reports Q1 2023 Results
Ballard Power Systems (NASDAQ: BLDP) (TSX: BLDP) today announced consolidated financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2023. All amounts are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise noted and have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The 3 Hydrogen Stocks to Watch as Clean Energy Demand Soars
With the world going green, the hydrogen story could get explosive.
BLDP Price Returns
Continue Researching BLDPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Ballard Power Systems Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ballard Power Systems Inc (BLDP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...