Builders FirstSource, Inc. (BLDR): Price and Financial Metrics
BLDR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$133.35||52-week high||$156.85|
|Prev. close||$134.89||52-week low||$60.43|
|Day high||$135.22||Avg. volume||1,858,062|
|50-day MA||$121.97||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$117.47||Market Cap||16.45B|
BLDR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BLDR POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BLDR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.59% of US stocks.
- BLDR's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- BLDR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 10.71% of US stocks).
BLDR Stock Summary
- BLDR has a higher market value than 88.05% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $15,334,471,068.
- Of note is the ratio of BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that BLDR's revenue has grown -24.78% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 11.03% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BLDR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are POOL, PHM, USFD, J, and HUBB.
- Visit BLDR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bldr.com.
BLDR Valuation Summary
- BLDR's price/earnings ratio is 9.7; this is 36.18% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- BLDR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 224 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BLDR.
BLDR Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 907.21%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 277.89%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 12.35%.
The table below shows BLDR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BLDR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BLDR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.07% of graded US stocks.
- BLDR's asset turnover comes in at 2.034 -- ranking 47th of 165 Retail stocks.
- KAR, TJX, and MUSA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BLDR.
The table below shows BLDR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Builders FirstSource, Inc. (BLDR) Company Bio
Builders FirstSource manufactures and supplies structural and related building products for residential new construction primarily in the southern and eastern United States. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
BLDR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BLDR Latest Social Stream
View Full BLDR Social Stream
Latest BLDR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BUILDERS FIRSTSOURCE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BLDR as an investment opportunity.
The mean of analysts' price targets for Builders FirstSource (BLDR) points to a 38.1% upside in the stock. While this highly sought-after metric has not proven reasonably effective, strong agreement among analysts in raising earnings estimates does indicate an upside in the stock.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
The average brokerage recommendation (ABR) for Builders FirstSource (BLDR) is equivalent to a Buy. The overly optimistic recommendations of Wall Street analysts make the effectiveness of this highly sought-after metric questionable. So, is it worth buying the stock?
IRVING, Texas, November 01, 2023--Builders FirstSource, Inc. (NYSE: BLDR) today reported its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2023.
Each one of these five companies has beat the performance of the S&P 500 year-to-date. And they have amazing earnings surprise track records, including one that has a 5-year perfect record.
BLDR Price Returns
Continue Researching BLDRWant to do more research on Builders FirstSource Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Builders FirstSource Inc (BLDR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Builders FirstSource Inc (BLDR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Builders FirstSource Inc (BLDR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch