Builders FirstSource, Inc. (BLDR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BLDR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where BLDR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BLDR is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- BLDR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 16.44% of US stocks).
BLDR Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Builders FirstSource Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Builders FirstSource Inc is reporting a growth rate of 224.54%; that's higher than 89.87% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Builders FirstSource Inc comes in at 94.95%, a number that bests 93.09% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Builders FirstSource Inc are MHK, UFPI, AAP, HSIC, and AOS.
- BLDR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Builders FirstSource Inc's official web site, go to www.bldr.com.
BLDR Valuation Summary
- BLDR's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 50% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- BLDR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 3.4 over the prior 197 months.
- Over the past 197 months, BLDR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BLDR.
BLDR Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 227.36%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1527.49%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 144.96%.
The table below shows BLDR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BLDR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BLDR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 49.4% of graded US stocks.
- BLDR's asset turnover comes in at 2.068 -- ranking 43rd of 164 Retail stocks.
- KAR, BNED, and MUSA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BLDR.
The table below shows BLDR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BLDR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BLDR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.16||52-week high||$55.17|
|Prev. close||$54.26||52-week low||$29.58|
|Day high||$54.55||Avg. volume||2,537,364|
|50-day MA||$49.70||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$45.28||Market Cap||11.22B|
Builders FirstSource, Inc. (BLDR) Company Bio
Builders FirstSource manufactures and supplies structural and related building products for residential new construction primarily in the southern and eastern United States. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
BLDR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BLDR Latest Social Stream
View Full BLDR Social Stream
Latest BLDR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Builders FirstSource Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BLDR as an investment opportunity.
These are the industrial stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for October 2021.
Is it a good or bad thing when a stock surpasses resistance at the 20-day simple moving average?
DALLAS, Sept. 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Builders FirstSource, Inc. (NYSE: BLDR) (Builders FirstSource or the Company), today announced it acquired Apollo software assets from construction technology startup Katerra in an approximately $4.5 million transaction. The Apollo platform provides design collaboration and workflow, construction budgeting and scheduling, and field task assignment with mobile functionality. The acquisition aligns with Builders FirstSources digital strategy to address inefficiencies in the home building process and complements the Companys recent acquisition of WTS Paradigm, LLC (Paradigm).
Builders FirstSource Acquires California TrusFrame, California’s Largest Independent Truss Manufacturer
Adds Substantial and Profitable Scale to Value-added Components Business in Both Northern and Southern CaliforniaDALLAS, Sept. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Builders FirstSource, Inc. (NYSE: BLDR) (“Builders FirstSource” or the “Company”), today announced it has acquired California TrusFrame, LLC (“CTF”), the largest independent producer of value-added building products in California, for $179.5 million. Established in 1982, CTF is a leading designer and manufacturer of prefabricated structural b
Growth investing is one of two main fundamental investment strategies, the other being value investing. Investors employing a growth investing strategy will typically place the majority of their portfolio in growth stocks, which are shares of companies whose earnings or sales are expected to grow at a significantly faster rate than the rest of the market. The primary way investors expect to earn profits from growth investing is through capital gains.
BLDR Price Returns
Continue Researching BLDRWant to do more research on Builders FirstSource Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Builders FirstSource Inc (BLDR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Builders FirstSource Inc (BLDR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Builders FirstSource Inc (BLDR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch