Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BMY POWR Grades
- BMY scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.63% of US stocks.
- BMY's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- BMY ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
BMY Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $149,788,149,334, BRISTOL MYERS SQUIBB CO has a greater market value than 98.97% of US stocks.
- BRISTOL MYERS SQUIBB CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, BMY has reported earnings growth of -284.97%, putting it ahead of just 5.95% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BRISTOL MYERS SQUIBB CO, a group of peers worth examining would be TXN, NVS, AMGN, SNY, and CSCO.
- Visit BMY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bms.com.
BMY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, BMY's price/earnings ratio is 16.33% higher, now standing at 22.8.
- BMY's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 27.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BMY.
BMY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 15.83%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -71.66%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 200.51%.
The table below shows BMY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BMY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BMY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.64% of graded US stocks.
- BMY's asset turnover comes in at 0.38 -- ranking 124th of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- PAHC, ACUR, and XLRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BMY.
The table below shows BMY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BMY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BMY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$70.76||52-week high||$80.59|
|Prev. close||$70.53||52-week low||$53.22|
|Day high||$70.76||Avg. volume||12,979,051|
|50-day MA||$71.82||Dividend yield||3.06%|
|200-day MA||$71.45||Market Cap||151.09B|
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY) Company Bio
Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) is an American multinational pharmaceutical company, headquartered in New York City. BMS is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, and is consistently ranked on the Fortune 500 list of the largest U.S. corporations. As of September 2020, it had the total revenue of $39.3 billion. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
BMY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BMY Latest Social Stream
View Full BMY Social Stream
Latest BMY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BRISTOL MYERS SQUIBB CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BMY as an investment opportunity.
Based on Monday's view of an IBD-produced screen, they now include small-cap enterprise software firm Model N, lithium metal producer Albemarle, electrical equipment firm Hubbell and trendy footwear and apparel firm Deckers Outdoor. In 2022, the NYSE's composite index continues to outperform its Nasdaq sibling. Since the November 2021 peak in the market, the NYSE composite has fallen as much as 20% from its 17,442 peak.
Bristol Myers (BMY) expects recent drug approvals to generate an incremental stream of revenues and combat competition for its key drugs.
With 78% institutional ownership, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY) is a favorite amongst the big guns
If you want to know who really controls Bristol-Myers Squibb Company ( NYSE:BMY ), then you'll have to look at the...
In the latest trading session, Bristol Myers Squibb (BMY) closed at $71.09, marking a -0.86% move from the previous day.
In the latest trading session, Bristol Myers Squibb (BMY) closed at $71.71, marking a -0.49% move from the previous day.
BMY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BMYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Bristol Myers Squibb Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Bristol Myers Squibb Co (BMY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Bristol Myers Squibb Co (BMY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Bristol Myers Squibb Co (BMY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch