Barnes & Noble Education, Inc (BNED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BNED POWR Grades
- BNED scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 85.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BNED is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- BNED's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 7.35% of US stocks).
BNED Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for BNED is 8.79 -- better than 96.12% of US stocks.
- BNED's price/sales ratio is 0.07; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 1.59% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BNED is more volatile than 89.83% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to BARNES & NOBLE EDUCATION INC are MOD, SGRP, KSS, HY, and SAVE.
- BNED's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BARNES & NOBLE EDUCATION INC's official web site, go to www.bned.com.
BNED Valuation Summary
- BNED's price/sales ratio is 0.1; this is 94.12% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- BNED's price/earnings ratio has moved down 33.3 over the prior 87 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BNED.
BNED Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -59.78%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -661.04%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -81.89%.
The table below shows BNED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BNED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BNED has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 19.04% of graded US stocks.
- BNED's asset turnover comes in at 1.207 -- ranking 114th of 165 Retail stocks.
- MUSA, SGU, and CASY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BNED.
The table below shows BNED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BNED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BNED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.19||52-week high||$12.01|
|Prev. close||$2.30||52-week low||$1.90|
|Day high||$2.36||Avg. volume||587,790|
|50-day MA||$2.67||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.91||Market Cap||114.64M|
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc (BNED) Company Bio
Barnes & Noble Education is a contract operator of bookstores on college and university campuses in the United States. The Company creates and operates campus stores under multi-year management service agreements. The company was established in 2015 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
BNED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BNED Latest Social Stream
View Full BNED Social Stream
Latest BNED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BARNES & NOBLE EDUCATION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BNED as an investment opportunity.
Today, I want to share 10 small-cap stocks that trade under $10 and have “F” ratings in my Portfolio Grader.
Needham analyst Ryan MacDonald reiterated a Buy rating on Barnes & Noble Education (BNED - Research Report) today and set a price target of $4.00. The company's shares opened today at $1.91.According to TipRanks, MacDonald is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 13.1% and a 50.15% success rate. MacDonald covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as 2U, Accolade, and Duolingo.The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Barnes & Noble Education with a $4.00 average price target.
Barnes & Noble Education Inc (NYSE: BNED) reported first-quarter FY23 sales growth of 9.6% year-on-year to $263.86 million, beating the consensus of $250.84 million. Retail segment gross comparable store sales increased 15%. Retail sales rose 12.4%, and wholesale sales decreased 16.6%. Gross profit rose 5.8% Y/Y to $63.5 million with a margin of 24%. Operating loss for the quarter expanded to $(47.9) million. EPS loss was $(1.01) versus $(0.85) a year ago. Barnes & Noble Education held $16.64 mi
Barnes & Noble Education and University of Connecticut to Launch Husky Book Bundle, a BNC First Day® Complete Program to Enhance Student Outcomes
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., August 31, 2022--Barnes & Noble Education and University of Connecticut to Launch Husky Book Bundle, a BNC First Day Complete Program to Enhance Student Outcomes
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., August 31, 2022--Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) Reports First Quarter Fiscal Year 2023 Financial Results
BNED Price Returns
Continue Researching BNEDWant to see what other sources are saying about Barnes & Noble Education Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Barnes & Noble Education Inc (BNED) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Barnes & Noble Education Inc (BNED) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Barnes & Noble Education Inc (BNED) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch