Barnes & Noble Education, Inc (BNED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BNED POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BNED ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.1% of US stocks.
- BNED's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- BNED's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 3.22% of US stocks).
BNED Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for BNED is 5.73 -- better than 93.83% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.38, Barnes & Noble Education Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 6.87% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Barnes & Noble Education Inc is reporting a growth rate of 174.18%; that's higher than 87.44% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Barnes & Noble Education Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be FVE, UNVR, IMBI, NRC, and CVCY.
- BNED's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Barnes & Noble Education Inc's official web site, go to www.bned.com.
BNED Valuation Summary
- BNED's price/earnings ratio is -3.2; this is 116.49% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 74 months, BNED's price/earnings ratio has gone down 35.
- Over the past 74 months, BNED's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BNED.
BNED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BNED has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.49% of graded US stocks.
- BNED's asset turnover comes in at 1.207 -- ranking 111th of 164 Retail stocks.
- SGU, CASY, and PSMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BNED.
The table below shows BNED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BNED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BNED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.59||52-week high||$11.40|
|Prev. close||$10.80||52-week low||$2.10|
|Day high||$10.81||Avg. volume||599,578|
|50-day MA||$8.77||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.60||Market Cap||546.31M|
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc (BNED) Company Bio
Barnes & Noble Education is a contract operator of bookstores on college and university campuses in the United States. The Company creates and operates campus stores under multi-year management service agreements. The company was established in 2015 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
BNED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BNED Latest Social Stream
View Full BNED Social Stream
Latest BNED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Barnes & Noble Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BNED as an investment opportunity.
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. (BNED) is one of the largest textbook wholesalers in the United States with nearly 800 physical retail locations and an e-commerce presence. The company benefits from partnerships with educational institutions to operate on-campus, often as the primary source for student's required learning materials and related...
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., September 20, 2021--Harvard Coop Reopening
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision. Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform. Barnes & Noble Education
View more earnings on BNEDSee more from BenzingaClick here for options trades from BenzingaG-III Apparel Q2 Sales Top Estimates, Lifts FY22 OutlookDuluth Holdings Q2 Sales Beats Estimates; Raises FY21 Guidance© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Joining us today are Mike Huseby, CEO and Chairman; Tom Donohue, CFO; Jonathan Shar, Executive Vice President, BNED Retail; David Henderson, President of MBS; and David Nenke, President of DSS. Before we begin the call, I'd like to remind you that the statements we make on today's call are covered by the Safe Harbor disclaimer contained in our press release and public documents.
BNED Price Returns
Continue Researching BNEDWant to see what other sources are saying about Barnes & Noble Education Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Barnes & Noble Education Inc (BNED) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Barnes & Noble Education Inc (BNED) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Barnes & Noble Education Inc (BNED) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch