Barnwell Industries, Inc. (BRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BRN POWR Grades
- BRN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.1% of US stocks.
- BRN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 28 weeks.
- BRN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 16.28% of US stocks).
BRN Stock Summary
- BRN has a higher market value than only 3.23% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $19,285,783.
- Barnwell Industries Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than just 1.76% of US listed stocks.
- BRN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 2.06% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Barnwell Industries Inc are UIS, JILL, ACFN, CYH, and ALIM.
- Visit BRN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.brninc.com.
BRN Valuation Summary
- BRN's EV/EBIT ratio is -5.3; this is 129.94% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- BRN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
- BRN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BRN.
BRN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.54%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -1143.42%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 8.47%.
The table below shows BRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.23||52-week high||$6.99|
|Prev. close||$2.31||52-week low||$0.66|
|Day high||$2.31||Avg. volume||749,145|
|50-day MA||$2.81||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.32||Market Cap||18.46M|
Barnwell Industries, Inc. (BRN) Company Bio
Barnwell Industries, Inc. acquires, develops, produces, and sells oil and natural gas in Canada. The company operates through three segments: Oil and Natural Gas, Land Investment, and Contract Drilling. It also invests in land interests in Hawaii. In addition, the company owns and operates five water well drilling rigs, two pump rigs, and other ancillary drilling and pump equipment; drills water and water monitoring wells of various depths; installs and repairs water pumping systems; and distributes Floway pumps and equipment in Hawaii. Barnwell Industries, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii.
BRN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Barnwell Industries Inc. To summarize, we found that Barnwell Industries Inc ranked in the 3th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BRN, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Barnwell Industries Inc over the past 5.76 years is -0.32%; that's better than only 7.65% of cash flow producing equities in the Energy sector, where it is classified.
- Barnwell Industries Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -427.29. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 0.45% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRN Latest Social Stream
View Full BRN Social Stream
Latest BRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Barnwell Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRN as an investment opportunity.
When insiders purchase or sell shares, it indicates their confidence or concern around the company's prospects. Investors and traders interested in penny stocks can consider this a factor in their overall investment or trading decision. Below is a look at a few recent notable insider transactions for penny stocks. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform. AB International Group The Trade: AB International Group Corp. (OTC: ABQQ) CEO Chiyuan Deng acquired a total of 3,300,000
HONOLULU, July 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) (the “Company”) today announced that Barnwell of Canada, Limited, its wholly-owned subsidiary (“Barnwell Canada”), has entered into and completed a purchase and sale agreement with an independent third party for the sale of Barnwell Canada’s interests in certain natural gas and oil properties located in the Spirit River area of Alberta, Canada. The purchase price for Barnwell Canada’s interests was approxi
Barnwell Industries, Inc. Announces July 13, 2021 Pro Forma Stockholders’ Equity in Excess of $4.0 Million
HONOLULU, July 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) (the “Company”, “we”, “our”) announced today that it had unaudited pro forma stockholders’ equity, as of July 13, 2021, in excess of the $4.0 million minimum amount of stockholders’ equity that the Company is required to maintain under the NYSE American’s continued listing standards. As previously reported, on January 13, 2020, the Company received notice from the NYSE American that the Company was not in
Peabody Energy, Vidler Water lead energy gainers; Eco Wave Power, Origin Agritech among major losers
Gainers: Peabody Energy (BTU) +27%, Vidler Water Resources (VWTR) +9%, Arch Resources (ARCH) +8%, Warrior Met Coal (HCC) +8%, Kraton (KRA) +7%.Losers: Eco Wave Power Global (WAVE) -16%, Origin Agritech (SEED) -12%, Recon Technology (RCON) -10%, Westwater Resources (WWR) -10%, Barnwell Industries (BRN) -8%....
Barnwell Industries, Inc. Reports Results for the Second Quarter and Six Months Ended March 31, 2021
Company Benefits From Higher Oil PricesHONOLULU, May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) today reported net losses of $856,000, $0.10 per share, and $272,000, $0.03 per share, for the three and six months ended March 31, 2021, respectively, as compared to net losses of $1,514,000, $0.18 per share, and $1,928,000, $0.23 per share, for the three and six months ended March 31, 2020, respectively. Mr. Alexander Kinzler, Chief Executive Officer of Barnwell, commented, “Our improved results for this quarter were due to a $2,243,000 improvement in oil and natural gas segment operating results due primarily to a prior year period impairment of $1,637,000, whereas there was no impairment in the current period, and the Company benefited from higher oil and ...
BRN Price Returns
Continue Researching BRNWant to do more research on Barnwell Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch