Barnwell Industries, Inc. (BRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BRN POWR Grades
- BRN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BRN is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 185 days.
- BRN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
BRN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for BRN is -10.74 -- better than only 1.37% of US stocks.
- BRN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 1.01% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -88.16%, Barnwell Industries Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 2.25% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BRN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SBGI, MGI, FTDR, PLT, and STON.
- BRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Barnwell Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.brninc.com.
BRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.99||52-week high||$6.99|
|Prev. close||$3.22||52-week low||$0.55|
|Day high||$3.29||Avg. volume||738,590|
|50-day MA||$2.66||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.76||Market Cap||25.25M|
Barnwell Industries, Inc. (BRN) Company Bio
Barnwell Industries, Inc. acquires, develops, produces, and sells oil and natural gas in Canada. The company operates through three segments: Oil and Natural Gas, Land Investment, and Contract Drilling. It also invests in land interests in Hawaii. In addition, the company owns and operates five water well drilling rigs, two pump rigs, and other ancillary drilling and pump equipment; drills water and water monitoring wells of various depths; installs and repairs water pumping systems; and distributes Floway pumps and equipment in Hawaii. Barnwell Industries, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii.
BRN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Barnwell Industries Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Barnwell Industries Inc ranked in the 30th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Barnwell Industries Inc, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.52 years, is -0.08% -- higher than merely 15.5% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Barnwell Industries Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -921.5. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 0.23% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Barnwell Industries Inc experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRN Latest Social Stream
View Full BRN Social Stream
Latest BRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Barnwell Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRN as an investment opportunity.
Tuesday's here and with it another busy day of trading for investors as we look at the biggest pre-market stock movers of the day.
Agrees to Designated Slate of Directors for Election at 2021 Annual Meeting of StockholdersHONOLULU, Jan. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE-American: BRN) (“Barnwell” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce today that it has entered into a cooperation and support agreement with MRMP-Managers LLC, Ned L. Sherwood Revocable Trust, Ned L. Sherwood and Bradley M. Tirpak (collectively, the “MRMP Stockholders”), with respect to the potential proxy contest pertaining to the election of directors to our Board of Directors (the “Board”). Pursuant to the terms of the agreement, among other things, the Company will nominate its current slate of directors, which includes three of the MRMP nominees and two new independent directors elected in 2020, to stand for reelection...
HONOLULU, Dec. 11, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) today reported a net loss of $4,756,000, $0.57 per share, for the year ended September 30, 2020, as compared to a net loss of $12,414,000, $1.50 per share, for the year ended September 30, 2019. For the quarter ended September 30, 2020, Barnwell reported net earnings of $628,000, $0.08 per share, as compared to a net loss of $4,324,000, $0.52 per share, for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. Mr. Alexander Kinzler, Chief Executive Officer of Barnwell, commented, “We are pleased to report a profit in our fourth quarter ended September 30, 2020, which was brought about by positive operating margins in each of our oil and natural gas, contract drilling and land investment segments. In addition, ge...
HONOLULU, Aug. 11, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) today reported a net loss of $3,456,000, or $0.42 per share, and $5,384,000, or $0.65 per share, for the three and nine months ended June 30, 2020, respectively, as compared to a net loss of $1,365,000, $0.16 per share, and $8,090,000, $0.98 per share, for the three and nine months ended June 30, 2019, respectively. Mr. Alexander Kinzler, Chief Executive Officer of Barnwell, commented, “The $2,091,000 increase in the loss for the three months ended June 30, 2020 as compared to last year’s three months ended June 30, 2019 was due to a $2,689,000 non-cash impairment of our oil and natural gas properties due to the lower oil prices in 2020 compared to 2019, which was partially offset by an increase ...
We often see insiders buying up shares in companies that perform well over the long term. Unfortunately, there are...
BRN Price Returns
Continue Researching BRNWant to do more research on Barnwell Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch