Barnwell Industries, Inc. (BRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BRN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where BRN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- BRN's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- BRN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 13.15% of US stocks).
BRN Stock Summary
- BRN has a higher market value than only 4.7% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $25,979,855.
- BRN's current price/earnings ratio is 3.85, which is higher than only 3.41% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Barnwell Industries Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.67% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Barnwell Industries Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SD, RBCN, ASLE, CMC, and WNS.
- BRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Barnwell Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.brninc.com.
BRN Valuation Summary
- BRN's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 13.33% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- BRN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, BRN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BRN.
BRN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -63.06%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -43.48%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 29.56%.
The table below shows BRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BRN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.62% of graded US stocks.
- BRN's asset turnover comes in at 1.155 -- ranking 12th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- NEX, ENSV, and HAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BRN.
The table below shows BRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.90||52-week high||$6.38|
|Prev. close||$3.02||52-week low||$2.00|
|Day high||$3.11||Avg. volume||561,627|
|50-day MA||$2.83||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.71||Market Cap||28.88M|
Barnwell Industries, Inc. (BRN) Company Bio
Barnwell Industries, Inc. acquires, develops, produces, and sells oil and natural gas in Canada. The company operates through three segments: Oil and Natural Gas, Land Investment, and Contract Drilling. It also invests in land interests in Hawaii. In addition, the company owns and operates five water well drilling rigs, two pump rigs, and other ancillary drilling and pump equipment; drills water and water monitoring wells of various depths; installs and repairs water pumping systems; and distributes Floway pumps and equipment in Hawaii. Barnwell Industries, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Most Popular Stories View All
BRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRN Latest Social Stream
View Full BRN Social Stream
Latest BRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Barnwell Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRN as an investment opportunity.
HONOLULU, Feb. 11, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) today reported net earnings of $1,073,000, $0.11 per share, for the three months ended December 31, 2021, as compared to net earnings of $584,000, $0.07 per share, for the three months ended December 31, 2020. Mr. Alexander C. Kinzler, Chief Executive Officer of Barnwell, commented, “We are pleased to report our fifth consecutive quarter of net earnings and a more than doubling of our oil and natural gas q
Transocean and Helix Energy Solutions among Energy/Material gainers; Barnwell Industries among losers
Gainers: Snow Lake Resources (LITM) +11%. Alpha Metallurgical Resources (AMR) +11%
Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSEAMERICAN:BRN) Major Shareholder Ned L. Sherwood Purchases 207,463 Shares of Stock
Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSEAMERICAN:BRN) major shareholder Ned L. Sherwood bought 207,463 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, December 22nd. The stock was acquired at an average cost of $2.82 per share, for a total transaction of $585,045.66. The acquisition was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is 
Gainers Red Cat Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: RCAT ) shares surged 31.7% to $2.41 after the company announced it was awarded a multiple award blanket purchase agreement by the United States Customs and Border Protection worth up to $90 million over five years. Vertical Aerospace Ltd. (NASDAQ: EVTL ) shares jumped 29.5% to $11.82. Vertical Aerospace recently listed on NYSE following merger with Broadstone Acquisition Corp. Acasti Pharma Inc. (NASDAQ: ACST ) rose 23.9% to $1.3750 after Oppenheimer initiated coverage on the stock with an Outperform rating and a $6 price target. Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE: BRN ) shares jumped 18.9% to $2.9730. Barnwell Industries recently reported Q4 EPS of $0.16 up from $0.08 in the year-ago period. BioRestorative Therapies, Inc. (NASDAQ: BRTX ) gained 18.2...
Barnwell Reports Net Earnings of $6.25 Million and $0.73 Net EPS for Fiscal Year Ended September 30, 2021
HONOLULU, Dec. 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) today reported results for the three months and year ended September 30, 2021.
BRN Price Returns
Continue Researching BRNWant to do more research on Barnwell Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch