Barnwell Industries, Inc. (BRN): Price and Financial Metrics
BRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.67||52-week high||$3.33|
|Prev. close||$2.63||52-week low||$1.89|
|Day high||$2.67||Avg. volume||39,085|
|50-day MA||$2.59||Dividend yield||2.29%|
|200-day MA||$2.62||Market Cap||26.68M|
BRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRN Stock Summary
- BRN's went public 37.76 years ago, making it older than 93.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC is higher than it is for about just 4.4% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -70.1%, BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 2.99% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BRN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HTBK, EZFL, PVBC, PRG, and SFT.
- BRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC's official web site, go to www.brninc.com.
BRN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, BRN's price/earnings ratio is 424.1% lower, now standing at -26.9.
- Over the past 243 months, BRN's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BRN.
BRN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -80.12%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -1879.67%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -54.73%.
The table below shows BRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BRN has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.62% of graded US stocks.
- BRN's asset turnover comes in at 1.155 -- ranking 12th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- NEX, ENSV, and HAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BRN.
The table below shows BRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Barnwell Industries, Inc. (BRN) Company Bio
Barnwell Industries, Inc. acquires, develops, produces, and sells oil and natural gas in Canada. The company operates through three segments: Oil and Natural Gas, Land Investment, and Contract Drilling. It also invests in land interests in Hawaii. In addition, the company owns and operates five water well drilling rigs, two pump rigs, and other ancillary drilling and pump equipment; drills water and water monitoring wells of various depths; installs and repairs water pumping systems; and distributes Floway pumps and equipment in Hawaii. Barnwell Industries, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii.
BRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRN Latest Social Stream
View Full BRN Social Stream
Latest BRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BARNWELL INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRN as an investment opportunity.
Production of all Products Increased over the Prior Year’s Third Quarter Company Declares Cash Dividend HONOLULU, Aug. 11, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) today reported net losses of $717,000, $0.07 per share, and $865,000, $0.09 per share, for the three and nine months ended June 30, 2023, respectively, as compared to net earnings of $2,531,000, $0.25 per share, and $5,656,000, $0.59 per share, for the three and nine months ended June 30, 2022, respectiv
Barnwell Industries, Inc. Reports Results for its Second Quarter and Six Months Ended March 31, 2023 and the Declaration of a Cash Dividend
HONOLULU, May 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) today reported net losses of $1,237,000, $0.12 per share, and $148,000, $0.01 per share, for the three and six months ended March 31, 2023, respectively, as compared to net earnings of $2,052,000, $0.21 per share, and $3,125,000, $0.33 per share, for the three and six months ended March 31, 2022, respectively. Mr. Alexander C. Kinzler, Chief Executive Officer of Barnwell, commented, “Our loss for the quarte
In this piece, we will take a look at the 12 high growth penny stocks that are profitable. For more penny stocks, head on over to 5 High Growth Penny Stocks that are Profitable. Investing in the stock market provides the chance for great returns and great losses depending on the nature of the bets […]
Barnwell Industries, Inc. Reports Earnings for its First Quarter Ended December 31, 2022 and the Declaration of a Cash Dividend
Solid Start to the Year Led by Oil & Gas SegmentHONOLULU, Feb. 10, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE American: BRN) today reported net earnings of $1,089,000, $0.11 per share, for the three months ended December 31, 2022, as compared to net earnings of $1,073,000, $0.11 per share, for the three months ended December 31, 2021. Mr. Alexander C. Kinzler, Chief Executive Officer of Barnwell, commented, “We are pleased to report that our first quarter oil and gas segment revenu
Agrees to Reconstitute Its Board and Extend Standstill AgreementHONOLULU, Jan. 23, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE-American: BRN) (“Barnwell” or the “Company”) announce today that it has entered into a cooperation and support agreement (the “Agreement”) with its two largest stockholders, Alexander C. Kinzler, who beneficially owns approximately 9.3% of the Company’s outstanding common stock, and MRMP-Managers LLC, Ned L. Sherwood Revocable Trust, and Ned L. Sherwood (col
BRN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BRNWant to do more research on Barnwell Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Barnwell Industries Inc (BRN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch