Brown & Brown, Inc. (BRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BRO POWR Grades
- BRO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 85.82% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BRO is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- BRO ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
BRO Stock Summary
- BRO has a higher market value than 85.55% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $15,098,609,199.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 258.03, Brown & Brown Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 87.68% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BRO is more volatile than merely 9.44% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Brown & Brown Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BEN, MOH, HAS, WSO, and CBOE.
- Visit BRO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bbinsurance.com.
BRO Valuation Summary
- BRO's price/earnings ratio is 28.4; this is 134.71% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- BRO's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, BRO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BRO.
BRO Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 81.05%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 75.91%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 127.86%.
The table below shows BRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.35||52-week high||$54.42|
|Prev. close||$53.57||52-week low||$42.72|
|Day high||$54.42||Avg. volume||1,030,832|
|50-day MA||$52.69||Dividend yield||0.68%|
|200-day MA||$48.28||Market Cap||15.32B|
Brown & Brown, Inc. (BRO) Company Bio
Brown & Brown markets and sells insurance products and services primarily in the United States, as well as in London, Bermuda, and the Cayman Islands. The Company's has four operating segments: the Retail Division provides insurance products and services to commercial public entity professional and individual customers; the National Programs Division provides professional liability and related package products for certain professionals and markets targeted products and services to industries trade groups public entities and market niches; the Wholesale Brokerage Division markets and sells excess and surplus commercial and personal insurance and reinsurance through agents and brokers; and the Services Division provides customers with third party claims administration consulting for the workers compensation insurance market comprehensive medical utilization management services. The company was founded in 1939 and is based in Daytona Beach, Florida.
BRO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Brown & Brown Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Brown & Brown Inc ranked in the 40th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BRO, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 87. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 69.56% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- BRO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 29.13% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRO Latest Social Stream
View Full BRO Social Stream
Latest BRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Brown & Brown Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRO as an investment opportunity.
Brown & Brown (BRO) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., July 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE:BRO) today announced that the Board of Directors has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.0925 per share. The dividend is payable on August 18, 2021, to shareholders of record on August 11, 2021. Brown & Brown, Inc. is a leading insurance brokerage firm, delivering risk management solutions to individuals and businesses since 1939. With over 11,000 teammates in more than 300 locations across the U.S. and
Brown & Brown (BRO) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
As the Director of Auditing, Kelly Tanner (CPhT) brings over 30 years of experience in various roles of the pharmacy industry, including 16 years of direct PBM experience. Kelly has direct experience in Analytics, IT Development, Project Management, Data Validation, and is widely recognized as an expert in pharmacy data processing and overall PBM understanding. In Kelly's new role, she will use her depth of knowledge within the pharmacy industry to validate PBM performance and provide actionable
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
BRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|