Brown & Brown Inc. (BRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.87||52-week high||$68.43|
|Prev. close||$63.09||52-week low||$52.82|
|Day high||$63.60||Avg. volume||1,237,809|
|50-day MA||$61.14||Dividend yield||0.73%|
|200-day MA||$59.93||Market Cap||17.83B|
BRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRO POWR Grades
- BRO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.05% of US stocks.
- BRO's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- BRO ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
BRO Stock Summary
- BRO has a market capitalization of $17,895,116,616 -- more than approximately 89.3% of US stocks.
- BRO's went public 31.25 years ago, making it older than 83.73% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BRO is more volatile than merely 6.02% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BRO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IEX, SJM, HUBB, DGX, and J.
- Visit BRO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bbinsurance.com.
BRO Valuation Summary
- BRO's EV/EBIT ratio is 20.8; this is 92.59% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, BRO's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BRO.
BRO Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 13.29%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 64.58%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 65.43%.
The table below shows BRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BRO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BRO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 88.29% of graded US stocks.
- BRO's asset turnover comes in at 0.321 -- ranking 52nd of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ERIE, TRV, and UNH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BRO.
The table below shows BRO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BRO Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of BRO, see our BRO price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$59.17||Average Broker Recommendation||1.83 (Hold)|
Brown & Brown Inc. (BRO) Company Bio
Brown & Brown, Inc. (Brown & Brown Insurance) is a leading insurance brokerage firm, delivering risk management solutions to individuals and businesses since 1939. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, Brown & Brown has 450+ locations worldwide. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
BRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRO Latest Social Stream
View Full BRO Social Stream
Latest BRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BROWN & BROWN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRO as an investment opportunity.
Brown & Brown, Inc. enters into agreement to acquire Kentro Capital Limited d/b/a Nexus Underwriting and Xenia Broking
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., May 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- J. Scott Penny, chief acquisitions officer of Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE:BRO), today announced that Brown & Brown has entered into an agreement to acquire Kentro Capital Limited (“Kentro”). The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2023, subject to certain closing conditions, including the receipt of required regulatory approvals. Kentro is an insurance industry group headquartered in London, managing over £500 million of g
Arthur J. Gallagher (AJG) on a Buyout Spree, Boosts Portfolio
Arthur J. Gallagher's (AJG) buyouts help it solidify geographical presence as well as consolidate portfolio.
Brown & Brown (BRO) Acquires Brownlee Agency, Boosts Portfolio
Brown & Brown's (BRO) buyout of Brownlee Agency is likely to strengthen the insurance broker's capabilities and expand its presence in Georgia.
Brown & Brown, Inc. announces the asset acquisition of Brownlee Agency, Inc.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., May 08, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- J. Scott Penny, chief acquisitions officer of Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE:BRO), and Casey C. Brownlee, John R. Brownlee and David Z. Monk, the shareholders of Brownlee Agency, Inc., today announced that a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc., has acquired substantially all of the assets of Brownlee Agency. Founded in 1974, Brownlee Agency offers a wide variety of property and casualty insurance products and services to customers throughout Georgia
Why Brown & Brown Stock Jumped 12% in April
Brown & Brown (NYSE: BRO) saw its stock price jump 12.1% in April, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. As of May 4, Brown & Brown was trading at about $64 per share, up roughly 12.5% year to date (YTD). The stock outperformed the major market indexes, as the S&P 500 was up 1.5%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 2.5%, and the Nasdaq Composite was essentially flat in April.
BRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BROHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Brown & Brown Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Brown & Brown Inc (BRO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Brown & Brown Inc (BRO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Brown & Brown Inc (BRO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...