Brown & Brown, Inc. (BRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BRO POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where BRO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BRO is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- BRO ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
BRO Stock Summary
- BRO has a market capitalization of $17,777,856,917 -- more than approximately 86.25% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 158.68, Brown & Brown Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 83.85% of US stocks.
- BRO's went public 29.64 years ago, making it older than 81.03% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BRO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ROL, IVZ, BEN, ALLE, and FBHS.
- BRO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Brown & Brown Inc's official web site, go to www.bbinsurance.com.
BRO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, BRO's price/sales ratio is 78.12% higher, now standing at 5.7.
- Over the past 243 months, BRO's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
- Over the past 243 months, BRO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 2.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BRO.
BRO Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 79.79%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -6.2%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 110.03%.
The table below shows BRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BRO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BRO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.06% of graded US stocks.
- BRO's asset turnover comes in at 0.317 -- ranking 54th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- TRV, ERIE, and LNC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BRO.
The table below shows BRO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.32||52-week high||$64.72|
|Prev. close||$63.13||52-week low||$42.72|
|Day high||$64.72||Avg. volume||1,316,086|
|50-day MA||$57.73||Dividend yield||0.58%|
|200-day MA||$51.57||Market Cap||18.11B|
Brown & Brown, Inc. (BRO) Company Bio
Brown & Brown markets and sells insurance products and services primarily in the United States, as well as in London, Bermuda, and the Cayman Islands. The Company's has four operating segments: the Retail Division provides insurance products and services to commercial public entity professional and individual customers; the National Programs Division provides professional liability and related package products for certain professionals and markets targeted products and services to industries trade groups public entities and market niches; the Wholesale Brokerage Division markets and sells excess and surplus commercial and personal insurance and reinsurance through agents and brokers; and the Services Division provides customers with third party claims administration consulting for the workers compensation insurance market comprehensive medical utilization management services. The company was founded in 1939 and is based in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
BRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BRO Latest Social Stream
View Full BRO Social Stream
Latest BRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Brown & Brown Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BRO as an investment opportunity.
Brown & Brown (BRO) announced that all of the brands currently under its Retail segment will be unified under the brand name Brown & Brown, effective January 1, 2021. By collaborating under a single brand name, Brown & Brown will be able to connect with its customers nationally. Furthermore, it will better serve its clients by simplifying and streamlining its resources across the company. Furthermore, the single brand will increase the clarity and visibility of its wide range of offerings across commercial insurance, employee benefits, personal lines, and other offerings.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Oct. 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brown & Brown, Inc. proudly announces all brands under its Retail segment will be unified under the brand name Brown & Brown as of Jan. 1, 2022. “Coming together as a single brand enables us to better serve our customers by simplifying and streamlining the use of our resources across the organization,” said P. Barrett Brown, president of the Retail segment and executive vice president of Brown & Brown, Inc. “Our brand is built on the quality
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Oct. 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- J. Scott Penny, chief acquisitions officer of Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE:BRO), and Robert Bradley, Colin Bradley and Curran Bradley, the principals of Winston Financial Services, Inc. (“Winston Benefits”), today announced that Brown & Brown has acquired Winston Benefits. Founded in 1987, Winston Benefits has grown into a national leader providing technology enabled benefit communication, enrollment and administration solutions for employers a
Arthur J. Gallagher's (AJG) buyout of Briat Insurance is likely to help it boost its footprint in Cayman Islands.
Brown & Brown, Inc. board member Hugh Brown named to Savoy Magazine''s Most Influential Black Corporate Directors list
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Oct. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE: BRO) announces that, for the second time, Hugh M. Brown, a member of the company''s board of directors, has been named to Savoy Magazine''s Most Influential Black Corporate Directors list. Savoy Magazine is a cultural catalyst for the African American community that showcases and drives positive dialogue about urban culture. Savoy released its 2021 Most Influential Black Corporate Directors list in its fall issue, which features an elite representation of African American executives, influencers and achievers active on the boards of the world''s leading corporations.
BRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|