British American Tobacco Industries, p.l.c. ADR (BTI): Price and Financial Metrics
BTI Stock Summary
- BTI has a market capitalization of $88,926,050,716 -- more than approximately 97.41% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of British American Tobacco plc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BTI is more volatile than merely 5.25% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BTI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CNI, VALE, PTR, BP, and CB.
- BTI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit British American Tobacco plc's official web site, go to www.bat.com.
BTI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BTI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.52||52-week high||$41.58|
|Prev. close||$36.20||52-week low||$27.32|
|Day high||$36.78||Avg. volume||2,247,651|
|50-day MA||$37.32||Dividend yield||7.92%|
|200-day MA||$36.41||Market Cap||83.63B|
British American Tobacco Industries, p.l.c. ADR (BTI) Company Bio
British American Tobacco manufactures and sells tobacco products, including cigarettes, roll-your-own tobacco, cigars, e-cigarettes, medicinal nicotine products and tobacco heating products. It sells its products in the Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Eastern and Western Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in London, United Kingdom.
BTI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for British American Tobacco plc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that British American Tobacco plc ranked in the 82th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 418.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for British American Tobacco plc ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 62. Notably, its equity weight is greater than merely 21.51% of US equities in the Consumer Defensive sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- British American Tobacco plc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 3.57% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BTI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BTI Latest Social Stream
View Full BTI Social Stream
Latest BTI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about British American Tobacco plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BTI as an investment opportunity.
British American Tobacco says it is not surprised that government has been granted leave to appeal a court ruling that the lockdown ban on tobacco sales was not necessary.
News24.com | Calls for BATSA to be probed for alleged complicity in African cigarette smuggling and terror funding
A report claims that British American Tobacco oversupplied Mali, knowing that its products, which were largely manufactured in South Africa, would fall in the hands of smugglers and that profits from that would end up with offshoots of al-Qaida and the so-called Islamic State (IS).
The Northern Commercial Court of Appeal on February 23 upheld a complaint of PJSC A/T B.A.T. – Pryluky Tobacco Company owned by British American Tobacco (BAT) related to the decision of the trial court and the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on imposition of a fine UAH 450 million, the company's press service said on Wednesday.
Trade Alert: The Independent Non-Executive Director Of British American Tobacco p.l.c. (LON:BATS), Luc Jobin, Has Just Spent UK£1.2m Buying 99% More Shares
Those following along with British American Tobacco p.l.c. ( LON:BATS ) will no doubt be intrigued by the recent...
Introduction We review Philip Morris's (PM) investor day on February 10, including their new 2021-23 financial targets, and conclude with both higher confidence and raised estimates for our investment case. We initiated a Buy rating on PM in June 2019, and shares have returned 19.3% (including dividends) in the 1.5...
BTI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BTIWant to see what other sources are saying about British American Tobacco plc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
British American Tobacco plc (BTI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
British American Tobacco plc (BTI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
British American Tobacco plc (BTI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!