British American Tobacco PLC ADR (BTI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BTI POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where BTI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.05% of US stocks.
- BTI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- BTI ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 38th percentile.
BTI Stock Summary
- BTI has a market capitalization of $93,178,519,274 -- more than approximately 97.38% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of British American Tobacco plc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BTI is more volatile than merely 1.95% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BTI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MDLZ, ANTM, INFY, PTR, and CI.
- BTI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit British American Tobacco plc's official web site, go to www.bat.com.
BTI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BTI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.40||52-week high||$41.14|
|Prev. close||$37.88||52-week low||$31.60|
|Day high||$37.89||Avg. volume||2,728,775|
|50-day MA||$38.92||Dividend yield||7.9%|
|200-day MA||$37.76||Market Cap||85.65B|
British American Tobacco PLC ADR (BTI) Company Bio
British American Tobacco PLC was formed in 1902 with the creation of a joint venture between the American Tobacco Company of the United States and the United Kingdom’s Imperial Tobacco Company. The company manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products under the brands Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans. The company also offers tobacco alternative products, such as vapor products, e-cigarettes, and tobacco heating products. British American operates 45 cigarette manufacturing facilities in 43 countries around the world. In April of 2019, Jack Bowles became the Chief Executive Officer of British American.
BTI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for British American Tobacco plc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that British American Tobacco plc ranked in the 77th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for BTI, they are:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 95.04% of its sector Consumer Defensive.
- 61% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 24.57% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- British American Tobacco plc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 4.6% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
BTI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BTI Latest Social Stream
View Full BTI Social Stream
Latest BTI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about British American Tobacco plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BTI as an investment opportunity.
It's no secret we live in yield-starved world. 10-year US treasuries, adjusted for inflation offer the worst yields since the late 1970s. Even high-yield junk bonds are yielding 3.8%, nearly nothing when adjusting for inflation. High-yield ETFs are also a tough place to find safe income. Sure, AMLP offers an...
Viktor_Gladkov/iStock via Getty Images Every crisis is a potentially wonderful long-term investment opportunity. In 16 months the market has doubled, and many quality blue chips have done even better. Today I wanted to highlight three of my favorite high-yield blue chips that are up 50% or more from the Pandemic...
Nearly 12% of the Big Tobacco company’s revenue in the first half of 2021 came from noncombustible products.
British American Tobacco has refused to back calls for cigarettes to be banned, saying that outlawing smoking would drive the industry underground. BAT, the maker of Dunhill and Rothmans cigarettes, will instead advertise vaping and other “non-combustible” products on a billion packets to encourage smokers to quit. The FTSE 100 firm also said it was looking at expanding into cannabis as it diversifies its business away from traditional tobacco products. Last weekend, the chairman and chief execu
Here are the highlights of earnings season so far as it played out on Wednesday.
BTI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching BTIWant to see what other sources are saying about British American Tobacco plc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
British American Tobacco plc (BTI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
British American Tobacco plc (BTI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
British American Tobacco plc (BTI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch