Byrna Technologies Inc. (BYRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BYRN POWR Grades
- BYRN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 42.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for BYRN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- BYRN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
BYRN Stock Summary
- For BYRN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 10.51% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -40.05%, BYRNA TECHNOLOGIES INC's debt growth rate surpasses only 7.94% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, BYRNA TECHNOLOGIES INC is reporting a growth rate of 993.61%; that's higher than 98.44% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BYRN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BEEM, GIFI, SGA, HIMS, and SFIX.
- BYRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BYRNA TECHNOLOGIES INC's official web site, go to www.byrna.com.
BYRN Valuation Summary
- BYRN's price/sales ratio is 2.6; this is 44.44% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- BYRN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 2.5 over the prior 135 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BYRN.
BYRN Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -198.14%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 959.01%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 12637.9%.
The table below shows BYRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BYRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BYRN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.15% of graded US stocks.
- BYRN's asset turnover comes in at 1.227 -- ranking 5th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, AYI, and NOVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BYRN.
The table below shows BYRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BYRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BYRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.29||52-week high||$22.08|
|Prev. close||$4.98||52-week low||$4.50|
|Day high||$5.36||Avg. volume||170,312|
|50-day MA||$7.47||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.68||Market Cap||117.63M|
Byrna Technologies Inc. (BYRN) Company Bio
Byrna Technologies Inc., a less-lethal defense technology company, develops and manufactures less-lethal equipment and munitions. It offers Byrna line of handheld personal security devices, including the Byrna HD, a handheld personal security device which is designed to be used by civilians and private security professionals, as well as accessories and third-party products that are compatible with the Byrna HD, including the projectiles used in the Byrna HD; and less-lethal munitions that comprise impact rounds designed to stop an individual without causing permanent injury or death, as well as payload rounds carrying various chemical irritants and marking products designed for 40MM rifled launchers utilized by law enforcement, correctional services, and military markets. The company also sells 12 gauge less-lethal impact rounds. It serves military, correctional services, police agencies, private security, and consumers in the United States, Canada, and South Africa. The company was formerly known as Security Devices International, Inc. and changed its name to Byrna Technologies Inc. in March 2020. Byrna Technologies Inc. was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
BYRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BYRN Latest Social Stream
View Full BYRN Social Stream
Latest BYRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BYRNA TECHNOLOGIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BYRN as an investment opportunity.
Byrna Technologies Inc. Schedules Fiscal 2022 Third Quarter Financial Results Release and Conference Call for Wednesday, October 5th
Byrna Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: BYRN) ("Byrna" or the "Company") today announced that it will issue its financial results for its fiscal second quarter ended August 31, 2022 on Wednesday, October 5, 2022, before the financial markets open. Management will conduct a conference call that day at 9:00 am ET to review these results.
Byrna Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: BYRN) ("Byrna" or "the Company") today announced preliminary revenue expectations for its fiscal third quarter ended August 31, 2022 ("Q3 FY2022") of $12.4 million, up 43% from the $8.7 million in sales for Q3 FY2021. This brings Byrna's year-to-date sales for fiscal year 2022 ("FY2022") to $32 million. The backlog of unshipped orders at the end of the quarter was $1.65 million. These orders are expected to ship in September.
Byrna Technologies Partners with 64-Year-Old Argentine Firearms Manufacturer, Bersa SA, to Capture the South American Less-Lethal Market
Byrna Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: BYRN) ("Byrna", "the Company", "we" or "us") is pleased to announce that the Company has entered into an agreement with Bersa SA to distribute Byrna's entire range of less-lethal personal self-defense products throughout South America.
Byrna Technologies Issues Clarification of Press Release Regarding "Sale of 40 millimeter Legacy Business"
Byrna Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: BYRN) today issued a clarification of Monday's press release regarding the sale of its 40 millimeter blunt impact projectile (40 MM BIP) business. Total revenues for the 40 MM BIP business in fiscal years 2021 and year-to-date in fiscal year 2022 were $43 thousand and $0 respectively.
Byrna Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: BYRN) ("Byrna", "the Company", "we" or "us") is pleased to announce that it has sold the IP and tooling underlying its legacy 40mm business to Facta Global of Canada for an undisclosed sum including both cash and future royalty payments to Byrna on all 40mm BIP's sold globally. Byrna will retain the exclusive rights to sell the 40mm BIP in the U.S. and South Africa. Byrna suspended sales of the 40mm round almost a year ago due to production problems at its third-
BYRN Price Returns