Caleres, Inc. (CAL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAL POWR Grades
- CAL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 97.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAL is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CAL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 23.04% of US stocks).
CAL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CAL is 8.72 -- better than 96.48% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.28, Caleres Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 4.73% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CAL comes in at 24.41% -- higher than that of 92.98% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MED, LFVN, SGRP, CTRN, and VNCE.
- CAL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Caleres Inc's official web site, go to www.caleres.com.
CAL Valuation Summary
- CAL's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 87.1% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- CAL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 80.8 over the prior 243 months.
- CAL's price/earnings ratio has moved down 18.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAL.
CAL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 12.52%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -465.13%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 70.17%.
The table below shows CAL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.45% of graded US stocks.
- CAL's asset turnover comes in at 1.345 -- ranking 5th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- VRA, CPRI, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAL.
The table below shows CAL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.69||52-week high||$29.94|
|Prev. close||$26.24||52-week low||$17.82|
|Day high||$26.06||Avg. volume||700,794|
|50-day MA||$25.73||Dividend yield||1.09%|
|200-day MA||$23.44||Market Cap||943.80M|
Caleres, Inc. (CAL) Company Bio
Caleres Inc. retails and wholesales footwear worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Famous Footwear and Brand Portfolio. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAL Latest Social Stream
View Full CAL Social Stream
Latest CAL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Caleres Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAL as an investment opportunity.
ST. LOUIS, February 24, 2022--Caleres (NYSE: CAL) today announced it plans to release its fiscal fourth quarter and year-end financial results after market close on Tuesday, March 15, 2022. Company executives will host a financial analyst conference call at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time that day to discuss its quarterly results and provide a general business update.
DISH Network's (DISH) fourth-quarter 2021 results reflect a declining DISH TV subscriber base.
Caleres Inc. (CAL) closed at $21.71 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.05% move from the prior day.
Here is how Caleres Inc. (CAL) and Delta Apparel (DLA) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
In the latest trading session, Caleres Inc. (CAL) closed at $23.12, marking a -1.62% move from the previous day.
CAL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|