Caleres, Inc. (CAL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.30||52-week high||$31.13|
|Prev. close||$18.51||52-week low||$18.10|
|Day high||$18.70||Avg. volume||597,996|
|50-day MA||$22.00||Dividend yield||1.51%|
|200-day MA||$24.25||Market Cap||664.25M|
CAL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAL POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CAL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.39% of US stocks.
- CAL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CAL ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
CAL Stock Summary
- CALERES INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.13% of US listed stocks.
- CALERES INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- CAL's current price/earnings ratio is 3.97, which is higher than just 7.91% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GPS, RYI, ARHS, SPWH, and M.
- Visit CAL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.caleres.com.
CAL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, CAL's price/sales ratio is 62.5% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, CAL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAL.
CAL Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 161.39%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 21.86%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -66.7%.
The table below shows CAL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.45% of graded US stocks.
- CAL's asset turnover comes in at 1.345 -- ranking 5th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- VRA, CPRI, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAL.
The table below shows CAL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CAL, see our CAL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$35.50||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
Caleres, Inc. (CAL) Company Bio
Caleres Inc. retails and wholesales footwear worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Famous Footwear and Brand Portfolio. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAL Latest Social Stream
View Full CAL Social Stream
Latest CAL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CALERES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAL as an investment opportunity.
Caleres to Announce First Quarter 2023 Results on June 1
ST. LOUIS, May 17, 2023--Caleres (NYSE: CAL) today announced it plans to release its first quarter 2023 financial results before the market opens on Thursday, June 1. Company executives will host a conference call at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time that day to discuss its quarterly results and provide a general business update.
Wolverine World Wide (WWW) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Top Estimates
Wolverine (WWW) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 80% and 3.18%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Veronica Beard and Dr. Scholl’s Shoes Launch Fresh Summer Capsule
ST. LOUIS, May 03, 2023--Leading womenswear brand Veronica Beard is teaming up with heritage fashion footwear brand Dr. Scholl’s Shoes to introduce a retro-inspired footwear capsule collection consciously crafted for summer. The seven-piece collection that brings the Veronicas’ unmistakably stylish, feminine, and vibrant style to Dr. Scholl’s iconic Original Sandal launches on VeronicaBeard.com and DrSchollsShoes.com today, just in time for sandal season.
Sam Edelman Launches ReLove Initiative: A Resell Program
NEW YORK, May 01, 2023--Sam Edelman, the contemporary lifestyle brand behind some of the world’s most iconic footwear and a Caleres (NYSE: CAL) brand, today announced the launch of its ReLove initiative. ReLove is a resell program for preloved Sam Edelman footwear created in partnership with sustainability and technology platform Archive.
Carter's (CRI) Beats Q1 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
Carter's (CRI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 88.46% and 7.44%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CAL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CALHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Caleres Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Caleres Inc (CAL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Caleres Inc (CAL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Caleres Inc (CAL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...