Caleres, Inc. (CAL): Price and Financial Metrics
CAL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.53||52-week high||$31.68|
|Prev. close||$31.02||52-week low||$16.85|
|Day high||$31.31||Avg. volume||534,475|
|50-day MA||$27.30||Dividend yield||0.96%|
|200-day MA||$25.01||Market Cap||1.09B|
CAL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAL POWR Grades
- CAL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 94.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAL is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CAL ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
CAL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CAL is 6.14 -- better than 93.39% of US stocks.
- CAL's went public 37.89 years ago, making it older than 93.05% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.21, CALERES INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 10.64% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are M, NGVC, DBI, AAP, and RYI.
- CAL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CALERES INC's official web site, go to www.caleres.com.
CAL Valuation Summary
- CAL's EV/EBIT ratio is 9; this is 32.58% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- CAL's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAL.
CAL Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 161.39%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 21.86%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -66.7%.
The table below shows CAL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.45% of graded US stocks.
- CAL's asset turnover comes in at 1.345 -- ranking 5th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- VRA, CPRI, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAL.
The table below shows CAL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Caleres, Inc. (CAL) Company Bio
Caleres Inc. retails and wholesales footwear worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Famous Footwear and Brand Portfolio. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
CAL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAL Latest Social Stream
View Full CAL Social Stream
Latest CAL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CALERES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAL as an investment opportunity.
Caleres, Inc. (NYSE:CAL) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 21, 2023 Caleres, Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $1.37, expectations were $1.29. Operator: Hello, and welcome to the Caleres Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Call. My name is Kevin and I’ll be your conference operator. [Operator Instructions] A question-and-answer session will follow the following presentation. […]
Caleres (CAL) posts lower sales for the third quarter of 2023 on weak sales across both segments and a decline in comparable sales.
CEO Jay Schmidt told analysts on Tuesday's earnings call that the business segment performed well in the period and is planned to close 2023 strong.
The headline numbers for Caleres Inc. (CAL) give insight into how the company performed in the quarter ended October 2023, but it may be worthwhile to compare some of its key metrics to Wall Street estimates and the year-ago actuals.
Third Quarter Results Show Resilience Despite Soft Consumer Demand
CAL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|