Caleres, Inc. (CAL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CAL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.88% of US stocks.
- CAL's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 160 days.
- CAL ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
CAL Stock Summary
- Caleres Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.72% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.33, Caleres Inc has a higher such ratio than only 5.56% of stocks in our set.
- Caleres Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 27.35%, greater than the shareholder yield of 92.74% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IDT, ALTG, NGVC, SFM, and M.
- Visit CAL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.caleres.com.
CAL Valuation Summary
- CAL's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 87.1% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- CAL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 80.8 over the prior 243 months.
- CAL's price/earnings ratio has moved down 18.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAL.
CAL Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -465.13%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -20.27%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -36.8%.
The table below shows CAL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.45% of graded US stocks.
- CAL's asset turnover comes in at 1.345 -- ranking 5th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- VRA, CPRI, and OXM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAL.
The table below shows CAL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.48||52-week high||$29.36|
|Prev. close||$23.10||52-week low||$14.12|
|Day high||$23.59||Avg. volume||466,515|
|50-day MA||$23.98||Dividend yield||1.21%|
|200-day MA||$24.31||Market Cap||894.35M|
Caleres, Inc. (CAL) Company Bio
Caleres Inc. retails and wholesales footwear worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Famous Footwear and Brand Portfolio. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAL Latest Social Stream
View Full CAL Social Stream
Latest CAL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Caleres Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAL as an investment opportunity.
Caleres Inc. (CAL) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Zacks.com featured highlights include: Nu Skin Enterprises, Caleres Inc., Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc., Schneider National and MDU Resources Group
Nu Skin Enterprises, Caleres Inc., Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc., Schneider National and MDU Resources Group are included in this blog.
Caleres (CAL) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Price-to-sales is a convenient tool to gauge the value of stocks incurring losses or are in an early development cycle. Stocks like NUS, CAL, APTS, SNDR and MDU hold promise.
Here is how Caleres Inc. (CAL) and Delta Apparel (DLA) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
CAL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|