Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CALM POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CALM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 60.82% of US stocks.
- CALM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- CALM's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 14.5% of US stocks).
CALM Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 505.22, Cal-Maine Foods Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 98.69% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CALM is currently 103.09, higher than 95.48% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cal-Maine Foods Inc is higher than it is for about merely 5.78% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cal-Maine Foods Inc are BRID, DTST, SCS, USFD, and SCHL.
- Visit CALM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.calmainefoods.com.
CALM Valuation Summary
- CALM's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 51.85% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CALM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 854.8.
- CALM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 184.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CALM.
CALM Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 23.22%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -11.66%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -1.99%.
The table below shows CALM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CALM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CALM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.12% of graded US stocks.
- CALM's asset turnover comes in at 1.139 -- ranking 4th of 15 Agriculture stocks.
- SANW, ALCO, and LMNR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CALM.
The table below shows CALM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CALM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CALM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.95||52-week high||$43.24|
|Prev. close||$35.50||52-week low||$33.85|
|Day high||$36.01||Avg. volume||320,814|
|50-day MA||$35.80||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$37.24||Market Cap||1.76B|
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM) Company Bio
Cal-Maine Foods is primarily engaged in the production, grading, packing and sale of fresh shell eggs, including conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally-enhanced eggs. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
CALM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CALM Latest Social Stream
View Full CALM Social Stream
Latest CALM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cal-Maine Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CALM as an investment opportunity.
RIDGELAND, Miss.--(BUSINESS WIRE)---- $CALM--Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) today announced the Companys Board of Directors has approved a strategic investment that will specialize in high value commercial product solutions targeting specific needs in the food industry. The initial focus will include hard-cooked and extended shelf-life egg product lines. The new entity, located in Neosho, Missouri, will operate as MeadowCreek Foods, LLC (MeadowCreek). Cal-Maine Foods will capitalize MeadowCreek
RIDGELAND, Miss.--(BUSINESS WIRE)---- $CALM--Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) today announced that Jeff Hardin has been named Senior Vice President of Sales. Scott Hull has been promoted to Vice President of Sales, assuming the position previously held by Hardin. Hardin will continue to report directly to Dolph Baker, chairman and chief executive officer, and Hull will report to Hardin. These appointments were made effective at the October 1, 2021, meeting of the Company’s Board of Directors. The Com
Some of the stocks that may grab investor focus today are: Wall Street expects Jabil Inc (NYSE: JBL) to report quarterly earnings at $1.38 per share on revenue of $7.67 billion before the opening bell. Jabil shares rose 0.9% to $61.50 in after-hours trading. Micron Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MU) reported upbeat earnings for its fourth quarter, but issued disappointing guidance for the first quarter. Micron shares fell 3.6% to $70.49 in the after-hours trading session. Analysts are expecting Worthi
RIDGELAND, Miss.--(BUSINESS WIRE)---- $CALM--Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) today reported results for the first quarter of fiscal 2022 (thirteen weeks) ended August 28, 2021. Net sales in the first quarter of fiscal 2022 increased to $331.7 million compared to $292.8 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2021. The Company reported a net loss of $18.0 million, or $0.37 per basic and diluted common share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2022, compared to a net loss of $19.4 million, or $0.40 per ba
It's Unlikely That Shareholders Will Increase Cal-Maine Foods, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:CALM) Compensation By Much This Year
The underwhelming performance at Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CALM ) recently has probably not pleased shareholders...
CALM Price Returns