Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CALM POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CALM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.36% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CALM is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CALM ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
CALM Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 245.84, Cal-Maine Foods Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 89.76% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Cal-Maine Foods Inc is higher than 96.28% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cal-Maine Foods Inc is higher than it is for about merely 5.69% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cal-Maine Foods Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ARGO, CHEF, BJRI, SSNT, and SRCL.
- CALM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cal-Maine Foods Inc's official web site, go to www.calmainefoods.com.
CALM Valuation Summary
- CALM's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 51.85% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CALM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 854.8.
- CALM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 184.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CALM.
CALM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -22.14%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 207.98%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -110.38%.
The table below shows CALM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CALM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CALM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.78% of graded US stocks.
- CALM's asset turnover comes in at 1.139 -- ranking 4th of 16 Agriculture stocks.
- SANW, ALCO, and LMNR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CALM.
The table below shows CALM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CALM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CALM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.74||52-week high||$59.95|
|Prev. close||$52.41||52-week low||$34.29|
|Day high||$54.91||Avg. volume||672,401|
|50-day MA||$50.43||Dividend yield||5.48%|
|200-day MA||$45.52||Market Cap||2.68B|
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM) Company Bio
Cal-Maine Foods is primarily engaged in the production, grading, packing and sale of fresh shell eggs, including conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally-enhanced eggs. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
CALM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CALM Latest Social Stream
View Full CALM Social Stream
Latest CALM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cal-Maine Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CALM as an investment opportunity.
Cal-Maine Foods shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 80 to 84.
Investment company Hunter Perkins Capital Management, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Canadian Pacific Railway, U.S.
Baton Rouge, LA, based Investment company Diversified Investment Strategies, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Cal-Maine Foods Inc, Johnson Outdoors Inc, SPDR S&P 600 Small Cap Value ETF, sells , Schwab US Aggregate Bond ETF, iShares Russell 2000 Value ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Diversified Investment Strategies, LLC.
Cleveland-Cliffs and Cal-Maine Foods have been highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
The bulls have egg on their face as this stock can't get out of the coop.
CALM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|