Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM): Price and Financial Metrics
CALM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.50||52-week high||$65.32|
|Prev. close||$47.52||52-week low||$43.29|
|Day high||$48.00||Avg. volume||863,148|
|50-day MA||$47.14||Dividend yield||6.15%|
|200-day MA||$51.12||Market Cap||2.33B|
CALM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CALM POWR Grades
- CALM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.29% of US stocks.
- CALM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CALM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 3.87% of US stocks).
CALM Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of CAL-MAINE FOODS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.01% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CALM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0.33% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -100%, CAL-MAINE FOODS INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 0% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAL-MAINE FOODS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be TLF, FORD, IESC, FIX, and MSM.
- CALM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CAL-MAINE FOODS INC's official web site, go to www.calmainefoods.com.
CALM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CALM's price/sales ratio is 11.11% lower, now standing at 0.8.
- CALM's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CALM.
CALM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.88%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 13.17%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -97.27%.
The table below shows CALM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CALM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CALM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.78% of graded US stocks.
- CALM's asset turnover comes in at 1.139 -- ranking 4th of 16 Agriculture stocks.
- SANW, ALCO, and LMNR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CALM.
The table below shows CALM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM) Company Bio
Cal-Maine Foods is primarily engaged in the production, grading, packing and sale of fresh shell eggs, including conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally-enhanced eggs. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
CALM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CALM Latest Social Stream
View Full CALM Social Stream
Latest CALM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CAL-MAINE FOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CALM as an investment opportunity.
Key Insights Cal-Maine Foods' Annual General Meeting to take place on 6th of October Total pay for CEO Sherman Miller...
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Egg Production Assets of Fassio Egg Farms, Inc.
RIDGELAND, Miss., September 28, 2023--Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) ("Cal-Maine Foods" or the "Company"), the largest producer and distributor of fresh shell eggs in the United States, today announced a definitive agreement to acquire substantially all the assets of Fassio Egg Farms, Inc. ("Fassio"), related to its commercial shell egg production and processing business. The assets to be acquired, subject to the completion of this transaction, include commercial shell egg production and p
Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) closed at $49.27 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.3% move from the prior day.
Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) closed the most recent trading day at $48.64, moving +0.77% from the previous trading session.
CALM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|