Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM): Price and Financial Metrics
CALM Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cal-Maine Foods Inc is higher than it is for about only 5.45% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CALM has reported earnings growth of -279.27%, putting it ahead of only 7.12% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CALM is more volatile than only 8.68% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cal-Maine Foods Inc are LWAY, WIRE, LGL, EBF, and JCS.
- Visit CALM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.calmainefoods.com.
CALM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CALM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.10||52-week high||$46.66|
|Prev. close||$38.39||52-week low||$30.74|
|Day high||$38.85||Avg. volume||315,385|
|50-day MA||$38.06||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$40.50||Market Cap||1.86B|
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM) Company Bio
Cal-Maine Foods is primarily engaged in the production, grading, packing and sale of fresh shell eggs, including conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally-enhanced eggs. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
CALM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Cal-Maine Foods Inc. To summarize, we found that Cal-Maine Foods Inc ranked in the 8th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CALM, they are:
- In the past 5.78 years, Cal-Maine Foods Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.2%; that's higher than just 6.02% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 0% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 2.86% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CALM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CALM Latest Social Stream
View Full CALM Social Stream
Latest CALM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cal-Maine Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CALM as an investment opportunity.
What financial metrics can indicate to us that a company is maturing or even in decline? When we see a declining return...
Shares of this egg producer are attractively valued relative to the company's projected long-term earnings growth.
Shares of Cal-Maine Foods jumped 5.3% in Wednesday's pre-market trading session as the company crushed analysts’ estimates for the second quarter of fiscal 2021, ended Nov. 28. The company’s 2Q sales grew 11.5% year-over-year to $347.3 million, exceeding analysts’ expectation of $333.5 million. Cal-Maine (CALM) attributed the top-line growth to favorable demand trends for shell eggs mainly at the retail level as consumers continue to cook more at home during the current health crisis. However, Cal-Maine stated that demand from foodservice channels has been less consistent and remains well below pre-pandemic levels, owing to various restrictions on restaurants in different areas of the country.
Shares of Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) rose 4.6% in after-market trading after the company reported Q2 results.Quarterly Results Earnings per share increased 219.05% over the past year to $0.25, which beat the estimate of ($0.08).Revenue of $347,328,000 rose by 11.49% from the same period last year, which beat the estimate of $333,490,000.Looking Ahead Earnings guidance hasn't been issued by the company for now.View more earnings on CALMRevenue guidance hasn't been issued by the company for now.Recent Stock Performance Company's 52-week high was at $46.6652-week low: $30.74Price action over last quarter: down 3.34%Company Overview Cal-Maine Foods Inc produces and sells shell eggs. Its main market is United States. The company's product portfolio contains nutritionally enhanced, cage-fr...
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) today reported results for the second quarter of fiscal 2021 (thirteen weeks) and twenty-six-week period ended November 28, 2020.
CALM Price Returns
Continue Researching CALMWant to do more research on Cal-Maine Foods Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!