Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CALM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CALM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CALM is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- CALM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.03% of US stocks).
CALM Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 837, Cal-Maine Foods Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 98.94% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cal-Maine Foods Inc is higher than it is for about just 5.64% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Cal-Maine Foods Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 2.18% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cal-Maine Foods Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CVEO, FORD, ARCE, EOG, and PSTL.
- Visit CALM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.calmainefoods.com.
CALM Valuation Summary
- CALM's EV/EBIT ratio is -170.9; this is 1049.44% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- CALM's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CALM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 794.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CALM.
CALM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CALM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.32||52-week high||$46.66|
|Prev. close||$34.81||52-week low||$33.85|
|Day high||$34.92||Avg. volume||332,727|
|50-day MA||$35.85||Dividend yield||0.4%|
|200-day MA||$38.05||Market Cap||1.68B|
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM) Company Bio
Cal-Maine Foods is primarily engaged in the production, grading, packing and sale of fresh shell eggs, including conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally-enhanced eggs. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
CALM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Cal-Maine Foods Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Cal-Maine Foods Inc ranked in the 6th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 97.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Cal-Maine Foods Inc ended up being:
- In the past 5.7 years, Cal-Maine Foods Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.23%; that's higher than only 6.53% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector.
- CALM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 62.72% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CALM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CALM Latest Social Stream
View Full CALM Social Stream
Latest CALM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cal-Maine Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CALM as an investment opportunity.
Third Avenue Management, an investment management firm, published its “Small-Cap Value Fund” second quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A quarterly portfolio return of 1.92% was recorded by the fund for the second quarter of 2021, below the Russell 2000 Value Index that delivered a 4.56% gains for […]
The financial regulations require hedge funds and wealthy investors that exceeded the $100 million holdings threshold to file a report that shows their positions at the end of every quarter. Even though it isn’t the intention, these filings to a certain extent level the playing field for ordinary investors. The latest round of 13F filings […]
RIDGELAND, Miss., July 20, 2021--Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) today released Scaling our Sustainability, which outlines the Company’s enhanced initiatives to augment its sustainability journey. The fiscal year 2020 report introduces the Company’s Human Rights Statement, discusses the Company’s strong food safety performance and highlights the Company’s commitment to animal welfare, among other items. The report also introduces Company reporting against the Sustainability Accounting Stand
Companies in The News Are: CALM,FIVN,ZM,NGG,CYTK
Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): Q4 GAAP EPS of -$0.09 misses by $0.35.Revenue of $349.8M (-22.8% Y/Y) misses by $41.42M.Press Release...
CALM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|