Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CALM POWR Grades
- CALM scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 98.44% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CALM is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CALM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
CALM Stock Summary
- For CALM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 0.44% of US equities we're observing.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -100%, CAL-MAINE FOODS INC's debt growth rate surpasses only 0% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CALM has reported earnings growth of -2,039.19%, putting it ahead of only 0.99% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAL-MAINE FOODS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be IPW, NODK, DSWL, PFMT, and BNSO.
- Visit CALM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.calmainefoods.com.
CALM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CALM's price/sales ratio is 10% higher, now standing at 1.1.
- CALM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 27.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CALM.
CALM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.88%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 13.17%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -97.27%.
The table below shows CALM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CALM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CALM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.78% of graded US stocks.
- CALM's asset turnover comes in at 1.139 -- ranking 4th of 16 Agriculture stocks.
- SANW, ALCO, and LMNR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CALM.
The table below shows CALM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CALM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CALM, see our CALM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$39.00||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
CALM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CALM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.46||52-week high||$65.32|
|Prev. close||$53.86||52-week low||$43.96|
|Day high||$54.96||Avg. volume||846,470|
|50-day MA||$55.75||Dividend yield||10.02%|
|200-day MA||$55.34||Market Cap||2.66B|
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM) Company Bio
Cal-Maine Foods is primarily engaged in the production, grading, packing and sale of fresh shell eggs, including conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally-enhanced eggs. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
CALM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CALM Latest Social Stream
View Full CALM Social Stream
Latest CALM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CAL-MAINE FOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CALM as an investment opportunity.
Best Growth Stocks to Buy for March 22nd
PANW, CALM and RL made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on March 22, 2023.
Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) closed the most recent trading day at $54.38, moving -0.69% from the previous trading session.
Best Growth Stocks to Buy for March 20th
PANW, CALM and ELF made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on March 20, 2023.
Nucor (NUE) Sees Higher Q1 Profits From Steel Mills Unit
Nucor (NUE) provides earnings guidance for the first quarter. It expects higher sequential profits from its steel mills unit backed by higher volumes and margins.
Best Growth Stocks to Buy for March 16th
IPAR, CALM and ELF made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on March 16, 2023.
CALM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CALMWant to do more research on Cal-Maine Foods Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Cal-Maine Foods Inc (CALM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Cal-Maine Foods Inc (CALM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Cal-Maine Foods Inc (CALM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...