Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (CARA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CARA POWR Grades
- CARA scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 54.47% of US stocks.
- CARA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CARA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 12.18% of US stocks).
CARA Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.59, Cara Therapeutics Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 3.39% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CARA has reported earnings growth of -1,245.76%, putting it ahead of merely 1.7% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that CARA's revenue has grown -82.95% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 1.32% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cara Therapeutics Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MORF, NKTR, CCCC, CUE, and ACET.
- CARA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cara Therapeutics Inc's official web site, go to www.caratherapeutics.com.
CARA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, CARA's price/earnings ratio is 159.18% higher, now standing at 94.6.
- CARA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 162.9 over the prior 92 months.
- CARA's price/sales ratio has moved down 17.2 over the prior 92 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CARA.
CARA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -21.55%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 85.75%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 241.11%.
The table below shows CARA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CARA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CARA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.88% of graded US stocks.
- CARA's asset turnover comes in at 0.554 -- ranking 69th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- APLS, FENC, and FSTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CARA.
The table below shows CARA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CARA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CARA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.10||52-week high||$18.93|
|Prev. close||$8.27||52-week low||$7.40|
|Day high||$8.19||Avg. volume||599,813|
|50-day MA||$10.89||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$12.65||Market Cap||434.09M|
Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (CARA) Company Bio
Cara Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing new chemical entities designed to alleviate pain and pruritus by selectively targeting kappa opioid receptors. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Shelton, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
CARA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CARA Latest Social Stream
View Full CARA Social Stream
Latest CARA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cara Therapeutics Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CARA as an investment opportunity.
Gainers: Renewable Energy Group (NASDAQ:REGI) +34%. Golden Entertainment (NASDAQ:GDEN) +17%. Homology Medicines (NASDAQ:FIXX) +7%. Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA) +5%. Arcimoto (NASDAQ:FUV) +5%. Losers: Fate Therapeutics (NASDAQ:FATE) -5%. CSP (NASDAQ:CSPI) -3%. ImmunityBio (NASDAQ:IBRX) -3%. Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHKEL) -3%. Adaptive Biotechnologies Corporation (NASDAQ:ADPT) -3%....
Kapruvia® receives positive CHMP opinion for the treatment of moderate-to-severe pruritus in hemodialysis patients
Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) recommends approval of Kapruvia® (difelikefalin) as first therapy in Europe for the treatment of chronic kidney disease associated-pruritus (CKD-aP) in hemodialysis patientsEuropean Commission decision for EU Marketing Authorization is expected in Q2 2022Kapruvia® is approved in the U.S. under the trade name KORSUVA™ (difelikefalin) injection ST. GALLEN, Switzerland and STAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vifor Fresenius Medica
STAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CARA), an early commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company leading a new treatment paradigm to improve the lives of patients suffering from pruritus, today announced the Company will host a conference call and live audio webcast on Tuesday, March 1, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. ET to report fourth quarter and full year 2021 financial results and provide a corporate update. To participate in the conference call, please dial
Presentation to highlight oral difelikefalin Phase 3 pruritus programsSTAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CARA), an early commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company leading a new treatment paradigm to improve the lives of patients suffering from pruritus, today announced the Company will host a virtual research and development (R&D) event on Friday, March 11, 2022, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET. The presentation will focus on the initiation of oral dif
Cara (CARA) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
CARA Price Returns