Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (CARA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CARA POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CARA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CARA is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CARA ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
CARA Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CARA THERAPEUTICS INC is higher than it is for about merely 7.46% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CARA has reported earnings growth of -932.81%, putting it ahead of merely 1.75% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for CARA THERAPEUTICS INC comes in at -60.35%, a number that bests just 2.84% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CARA THERAPEUTICS INC are ACET, AEVA, CUE, CCCC, and MRTX.
- Visit CARA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.caratherapeutics.com.
CARA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, CARA's price/sales ratio is 100% higher, now standing at 9.3.
- CARA's price/earnings ratio has moved up 64.3 over the prior 105 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CARA.
CARA Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -97.36%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -17.28%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -152.76%.
The table below shows CARA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CARA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CARA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.88% of graded US stocks.
- CARA's asset turnover comes in at 0.554 -- ranking 69th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- APLS, FENC, and FSTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CARA.
The table below shows CARA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CARA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CARA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.64||52-week high||$18.93|
|Prev. close||$8.48||52-week low||$7.40|
|Day high||$8.74||Avg. volume||524,256|
|50-day MA||$10.28||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$10.58||Market Cap||464.19M|
Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (CARA) Company Bio
Cara Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing new chemical entities designed to alleviate pain and pruritus by selectively targeting kappa opioid receptors. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Shelton, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
CARA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CARA Latest Social Stream
View Full CARA Social Stream
Latest CARA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CARA THERAPEUTICS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CARA as an investment opportunity.
Needham analyst Joseph Stringer maintained a Buy rating on Cara Therapeutics (CARA - Research Report) today and set a price target of $26.00. The company's shares closed yesterday at $9.75.Stringer covers the Healthcare sector, focusing on stocks such as Rhythm Pharmaceuticals, Alnylam Pharma, and Cidara Therapeutics. According to TipRanks, Stringer has an average return of 3.5% and a 43.66% success rate on recommended stocks. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Cara Therapeutics with a $28.00 average price target.
Just because a business does not make any money, does not mean that the stock will go down. For example, biotech and...
STAMFORD, Conn., Sept. 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CARA), a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company leading a new treatment paradigm to improve the lives of patients suffering from pruritus, today announced the appointment of Ryan Maynard as Chief Financial Officer (CFO), effective immediately. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, Mr. Maynard will lead the Company’s financial operations. “Ryan’s deep financial leadership experience will be instrument
Cara Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: CARA) announced results from the KOMFORT Phase 2 clinical trial of oral difelikefalin for moderate-to-severe pruritus in notalgia paresthetica (NP). Notalgia paresthetica (NP) is a nerve disorder that causes intense and sometimes painful itching in the back impacting quality of life. The data will be presented at the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress. The presentation includes data from 125 patients with NP and moderate-to-severe pruri
Cara Therapeutics Presents Late-Breaking Results of the KOMFORT Phase 2 Trial of Oral Difelikefalin for Pruritus in Notalgia Paresthetica at the 31st EADV Congress
– Study achieved primary endpoint of Worst Itch-Numeric Rating Scale score change from baseline at Week 8 (p=0.001) – – Significant reduction of itch intensity was evident at Day 1 and effect was maintained through Week 8 – – Significantly greater proportion of patients who received oral difelikefalin vs. placebo achieved a complete response in WI-NRS at Week 8 – STAMFORD, Conn., Sept. 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CARA), a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical compa
CARA Price Returns