Cars.com Inc. (CARS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CARS POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CARS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.29% of US stocks.
- CARS's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- CARS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 36th percentile.
CARS Stock Summary
- Carscom Inc's stock had its IPO on June 1, 2017, making it an older stock than merely 15.08% of US equities in our set.
- CARS's current price/earnings ratio is 141.44, which is higher than 95.01% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Carscom Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 14.85%, greater than the shareholder yield of 85.46% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Carscom Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TCX, CBT, ANGO, EHTH, and LFUS.
- Visit CARS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cars.com.
CARS Valuation Summary
- CARS's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 51.61% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 52 months, CARS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 132.9.
- Over the past 52 months, CARS's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CARS.
CARS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CARS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.79% of graded US stocks.
- CARS's asset turnover comes in at 0.577 -- ranking 270th of 556 Business Services stocks.
- CASS, VVI, and SOGO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CARS.
The table below shows CARS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CARS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CARS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.24||52-week high||$15.71|
|Prev. close||$12.72||52-week low||$7.23|
|Day high||$13.28||Avg. volume||473,906|
|50-day MA||$12.52||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.13||Market Cap||913.10M|
Cars.com Inc. (CARS) Company Bio
Cars.com is a leading online destination that helps car shoppers and owners buy, sell and service their vehicles. The company is one of the largest digital automotive platform that features new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and a database of consumer reviews. Cars.com companies include DealerRater, Auto.com, PickupTrucks.com and NewCars.com. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Chicago.
Most Popular Stories View All
CARS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CARS Latest Social Stream
View Full CARS Social Stream
Latest CARS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carscom Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CARS as an investment opportunity.
Cars.com Inc. (NYSE: CARS) ("CARS" or the "Company"), a leading digital marketplace and solutions provider for the automotive industry, today announced it would present at the following two virtual conferences in September:
While some investors are already well versed in financial metrics (hat tip), this article is for those who would like...
Cars.com Finds Delta Variant Impacts Labor Day Travel Destinations and Flight Plans With More Than 1 in 5 Travelers Canceling Flights in Favor of Driving
Even with the delta variant increasing COVID-19 cases across the country, Americans remain determined to get out this upcoming Labor Day 2021 weekend. Sixty percent of Americans plan to travel, up 17% compared to last year at this time, according to a national survey from Cars.comTM (NYSE: CARS), a leading digital automotive marketplace and solutions provider.1 Of those who planned to take to the skies, more than 20% canceled their flights and are driving instead due to rising concerns.2
Cars.com (NYSE: CARS), a leading digital automotive marketplace and solutions provider, finds that 67% of parents in a recent national survey conducted by Cars.com say they will send their kids to in-person school in the fall, compared to just 39% in 2020. For those returning to the classroom, school buses and public transit continue to take a backseat as many parents opt to transport their children to school by car, citing COVID-19 concerns as the primary decision driver.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Cars.com Inc. (NYSE: CARS)Q2 2021 Earnings CallAug 05, 2021, 10:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood morning, and welcome to the Cars second-quarter 2021 earnings conference call.
CARS Price Returns