Cars.com Inc. (CARS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CARS POWR Grades
- CARS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 89.11% of US stocks.
- CARS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 163 days.
- CARS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
CARS Stock Summary
- Carscom Inc's stock had its IPO on June 1, 2017, making it an older stock than just 16.68% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 50.27, Carscom Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 84.83% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Carscom Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 10.88%, greater than the shareholder yield of 82.71% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Carscom Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SUPN, BDC, KRA, VIVO, and SCL.
- CARS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Carscom Inc's official web site, go to www.cars.com.
CARS Valuation Summary
- CARS's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 51.61% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 52 months, CARS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 132.9.
- Over the past 52 months, CARS's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CARS.
CARS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CARS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.32% of graded US stocks.
- CARS's asset turnover comes in at 0.577 -- ranking 276th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- TYL, CASS, and VVI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CARS.
The table below shows CARS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CARS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CARS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.89||52-week high||$19.09|
|Prev. close||$15.20||52-week low||$10.73|
|Day high||$15.50||Avg. volume||498,593|
|50-day MA||$15.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.78||Market Cap||1.03B|
Cars.com Inc. (CARS) Company Bio
Cars.com is a leading online destination that helps car shoppers and owners buy, sell and service their vehicles. The company is one of the largest digital automotive platform that features new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and a database of consumer reviews. Cars.com companies include DealerRater, Auto.com, PickupTrucks.com and NewCars.com. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Chicago.
Most Popular Stories View All
CARS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CARS Latest Social Stream
View Full CARS Social Stream
Latest CARS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carscom Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CARS as an investment opportunity.
E ratio of 54.27.
The first winter holiday season since the widespread availability of the COVID-19 vaccine still carries the shadow of the virus and its variants, driving 61% of winter travelers to reach for their car keys to get to holiday celebrations, according to a national survey by Cars.comTM (NYSE: CARS), a leading car-shopping marketplace. Some 42% of Americans choose to hit the road by car because they don't want to take other forms of public transportation. Thirty-nine percent will visit a destination
Several factors have contributed to market-trouncing gains for Cars.com since the start of November.
Your Best Self, REFUELED: Cars.com's Free REFUEL Event Will Inspire, Invigorate and Activate Attendees' Mental, Physical and Emotional Well-Being for 2022
Sponsored by leading car-shopping marketplace Cars.comTM (NYSE: CARS) and hosted by Dealer Inspire (DI), a Cars.com Inc. company, "REFUEL" is a FREE one-day, virtual and in-person event featuring world-class speakers that will teach attendees new ways to grow their professional and personal lives in 2022 and inspire them to take action.
Shares of automotive marketplace platform Cars.com (NYSE: CARS) are bucking the trend in the markets today. While the Dow Jones Industrial Average is dropping almost 1,000 points, or 2.75%, Cars.com stock is soaring. Cars.com will replace DSP Group, which is being acquired by S&P MidCap 400 member Synaptics in a deal expected to close Dec. 2.
CARS Price Returns