Cars.com Inc. (CARS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CARS POWR Grades
- CARS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 93.76% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CARS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- CARS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
CARS Stock Summary
- CARS's went public 4.02 years ago, making it older than only 13.79% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -33.06%, Carscom Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 14.64% of about US stocks.
- Carscom Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 26.02%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.26% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Carscom Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be FLXS, RIGL, CHX, HSII, and BBQ.
- CARS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Carscom Inc's official web site, go to www.cars.com.
CARS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CARS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.12||52-week high||$15.71|
|Prev. close||$14.03||52-week low||$5.25|
|Day high||$14.22||Avg. volume||521,671|
|50-day MA||$13.76||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.71||Market Cap||969.25M|
Cars.com Inc. (CARS) Company Bio
Cars.com is a leading online destination that helps car shoppers and owners buy, sell and service their vehicles. The company is one of the largest digital automotive platform that features new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and a database of consumer reviews. Cars.com companies include DealerRater, Auto.com, PickupTrucks.com and NewCars.com. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Chicago.
CARS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CARS, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Carscom Inc ranked in the 41th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CARS, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 4.66 years, is -0.05% -- higher than just 17.01% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Carscom Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 34 -- greater than 92.16% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 11. This value is greater than 67.94% stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CARS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CARS Latest Social Stream
View Full CARS Social Stream
Latest CARS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carscom Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CARS as an investment opportunity.
Inventory Shortages Drive Car Shoppers to Neighboring States: Cars.com Reports 10% of Recent Buyers Traveled Across State Lines to Purchase a Car
According to recent research from leading digital automotive marketplace and solutions provider Cars.comTM (NYSE: CARS), nearly 10% of recent car buyers drove out of state to purchase their desired vehicle, with more than half (52%) of those traveling 25 miles, nearly 20% traveling 50 miles and 13% of buyers traveling more than 250 miles to a dealership due to ongoing new- and used-car inventory shortages.1
43% of Car Shoppers Plan to Buy This Memorial Day Weekend, But It's an Even Better Time to Sell, Reports Cars.com
Car shoppers are ready to take advantage of Memorial Day weekend deals — if they can find them, according to recent research from leading digital automotive marketplace and solutions provider Cars.comTM (NYSE: CARS). However, shoppers may have better luck selling their vehicle to a local car dealership. With vehicle inventory levels falling, the demand for used cars is up, giving consumers a prime opportunity to get substantially more for their current vehicle given used-car list prices have increased 14% since January.2
Spree Capital Advisers, an investment management firm, published its first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A net return of 3.98% was recorded by the fund for the Q1 of 2021, below the S&P 500 Index that delivered a 6.17% return for the same period. You can view […]
Cars.com Reaches Milestone: 10 Million Dealership Reviews From Car Buyers With Recent Growth Spurred by the Pandemic
Cars.com (NYSE: CARS), a leading digital marketplace and solutions provider for the automotive industry, announced today that an astounding 10 million car buyers have left reviews for local dealers on its platform, powered by its DealerRater technology.¹ For years, Cars.com has provided a venue for consumers to voice their honest feedback about local car dealers, vehicles and even individual salespeople, making it the broadest and largest automotive review platform.
Cars.com Inc. (NYSE: CARS) ("CARS" or the "Company"), a leading digital marketplace and solutions provider for the automotive industry, today announced that it expects to report its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021 on Thursday, May 6, 2021. The Company will host a conference call with a live webcast at 9:00 a.m. CT/10:00 a.m. ET on the same day to discuss the results.
CARS Price Returns