Cars.com Inc. (CARS): Price and Financial Metrics
CARS Stock Summary
- Carscom Inc's stock had its IPO on June 1, 2017, making it an older stock than only 12.77% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Carscom Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 8.88% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Carscom Inc is reporting a growth rate of 102.15%; that's higher than 87.95% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Carscom Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be KRA, MDGS, FTI, NBR, and PAAS.
- Visit CARS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cars.com.
CARS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CARS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.50||52-week high||$14.89|
|Prev. close||$14.15||52-week low||$3.25|
|Day high||$14.21||Avg. volume||620,018|
|50-day MA||$12.60||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$9.31||Market Cap||910.10M|
Cars.com Inc. (CARS) Company Bio
Cars.com is a leading online destination that helps car shoppers and owners buy, sell and service their vehicles. The company is one of the largest digital automotive platform that features new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and a database of consumer reviews. Cars.com companies include DealerRater, Auto.com, PickupTrucks.com and NewCars.com. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Chicago.
CARS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Carscom Inc. To summarize, we found that Carscom Inc ranked in the 27th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 68.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Carscom Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 4.47 years, is -0.08% -- higher than just 15.39% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Carscom Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -23.74. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 4.87% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 13. This value is greater than 78.55% stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CARS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CARS Latest Social Stream
View Full CARS Social Stream
Latest CARS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carscom Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CARS as an investment opportunity.
Cars.com™ (NYSE: CARS), a leading digital automotive marketplace and solutions provider, today announced the launch of its new nationwide brand campaign, "It's Matchical™." The breadth and depth of its first-party data, paired with smart matchmaking technology, enables the Cars.com marketplace to successfully connect its more than 20 million monthly unique car shoppers with the vehicles that meet their needs, budgets and exceed their expectations. With 50,000 new and used cars added daily from local dealers across the country, car shoppers never miss the chance to find their perfect match on Cars.com.
Cars.com (NYSE:CARS) is scheduled to announce Q4 earnings results on Thursday, February 25th, before market open.The consensus EPS Estimate is $0.47 (-25.4% Y/Y) and the consensus Revenue Estimate is $146.38M (-3.8% Y/Y).Over the last 2 years, CARS has beaten EPS estimates 63% of the time and has beaten revenue estimates...
We often see insiders buying up shares in companies that perform well over the long term. Unfortunately, there are also...
AutoNation hit the trifecta on its latest earnings day. The company smashed analyst profit forecasts, said it divested its stake in online auto seller Vroom and announced a new stock buyback plan.
Cars.com Delivers Three Times More Dealer Website Referrals Compared to Nearest Auto Marketplace Competitors
As the 2021 Virtual National Automobile Dealers Association Show kicks off this week on Feb 9-11, Cars.com (NYSE: CARS), a leading digital marketplace and solutions provider for the automotive industry, announced today that it sends three times more ready-to-buy car shoppers to dealership websites compared to its nearest marketplace competitors.1 Internal data further indicates that, driven by its 76% organic audience2, Cars.com shoppers who transition from its marketplace to a dealer's website purchase cars at twice the rate of those who solely visit a dealer website.3
CARS Price Returns
Continue Researching CARSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Carscom Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!