Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CATY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CATY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CATY is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CATY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
CATY Stock Summary
- CATY's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 87.94% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 229.02%, CATHAY GENERAL BANCORP's debt growth rate surpasses 93.87% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CATY is more volatile than just 7.78% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CATY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FBNC, CHCO, AMNB, HTBI, and STBA.
- Visit CATY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cathaygeneralbancorp.com.
CATY Valuation Summary
- CATY's price/sales ratio is 3.4; this is 36% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- CATY's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 5.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CATY.
CATY Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -32.67%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -28.29%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 45.78%.
The table below shows CATY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CATY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CATY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.38% of graded US stocks.
- CATY's asset turnover comes in at 0.033 -- ranking 322nd of 428 Banking stocks.
- WTFC, PACW, and LBAI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CATY.
The table below shows CATY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CATY Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CATY, see our CATY price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$43.60||Average Broker Recommendation||1.8 (Moderate Buy)|
CATY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CATY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.52||52-week high||$47.30|
|Prev. close||$34.05||52-week low||$32.89|
|Day high||$34.56||Avg. volume||379,763|
|50-day MA||$40.92||Dividend yield||3.88%|
|200-day MA||$41.84||Market Cap||2.50B|
Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Company Bio
Cathay General Bancorp offers various commercial banking products and services for individuals, professionals, and small to medium-sized businesses across California, New York State, Chicago, Washington State, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Taipei and Shanghai. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CATY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CATY Latest Social Stream
View Full CATY Social Stream
Latest CATY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CATHAY GENERAL BANCORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CATY as an investment opportunity.
Cathay General Bancorp's (NASDAQ:CATY) investors will be pleased with their splendid 114% return over the last three years
Cathay General Bancorp ( NASDAQ:CATY ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 20% in the...
Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ:CATY) Has Affirmed Its Dividend Of $0.34
The board of Cathay General Bancorp ( NASDAQ:CATY ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of $0.34 per share on the...
Cathay General Bancorp Declares $0.34 Per Share Dividend
LOS ANGELES, February 16, 2023--Cathay General Bancorp (Nasdaq: CATY) announced that its Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of thirty-four cents per common share, payable on March 9, 2023, to stockholders of record at the close of business on February 27, 2023.
Here's Why Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ:CATY) Has Caught The Eye Of Investors
Investors are often guided by the idea of discovering 'the next big thing', even if that means buying 'story stocks...
Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ:CATY) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ:CATY) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 25, 2023 Operator: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Cathay General Bancorp’s Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Earnings Conference Call. My name is Sarah and I will be your coordinator for today. Today’s call is being recorded and will be available for […]
CATY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CATYWant to do more research on Cathay General Bancorp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...