Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CATY POWR Grades
- CATY scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 83.28% of US stocks.
- CATY's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CATY's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.43% of US stocks).
CATY Stock Summary
- CATY's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 85.68% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -63.02%, Cathay General Bancorp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 5.71% of about US stocks.
- Cathay General Bancorp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 16.93%, greater than the shareholder yield of 86.7% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CATY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are INDB, FHB, HMN, RBCAA, and CASS.
- CATY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cathay General Bancorp's official web site, go to www.cathaygeneralbancorp.com.
CATY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CATY's price/earnings ratio is 0.78% higher, now standing at 12.9.
- Over the past 243 months, CATY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down $1.6.
- Over the past 243 months, CATY's price/sales ratio has gone up $1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CATY.
CATY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CATY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.29||52-week high||$45.19|
|Prev. close||$40.06||52-week low||$20.59|
|Day high||$40.40||Avg. volume||361,582|
|50-day MA||$41.25||Dividend yield||3.1%|
|200-day MA||$34.42||Market Cap||3.21B|
Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Company Bio
Cathay General Bancorp offers various commercial banking products and services for individuals, professionals, and small to medium-sized businesses across California, New York State, Chicago, Washington State, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Taipei and Shanghai. The company was founded in 1990 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
CATY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CATY Latest Social Stream
View Full CATY Social Stream
Latest CATY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cathay General Bancorp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CATY as an investment opportunity.
Photo by ClaudineVM/iStock Editorial via Getty ImagesEarnings of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY) will likely receive a boost in the year ahead from continued loan growth on the back of an economic recovery and slowdown in mortgage payoffs. Acquisition of some of HSBC's branches will likely boost loans early next...
After four decades of operating in the United States, HSBC is preparing to exit its American retail banking business for mass-market customers and small businesses to focus primarily on wealthy clients and big, international corporations. As a stand-alone retail bank, HSBC said its scale could not compete effectively with the biggest US banks, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citibank and Wells Fargo. HSBC, the biggest of Hong Kong's three currency-issuing banks, is putting more resources to work in Asia to tap rising incomes in the Greater Bay Area and other parts of the region, shifting capital from underperforming businesses in the US and Europe. Do you have questions about the biggest topics and trends from around the world? Get the answers with SCMP Knowledge, our new platform of c...
Cathay General Bancorp (Nasdaq: CATY) announced that its subsidiary bank, Cathay Bank, has entered into a purchase and assumption agreement with HSBC Bank USA, National Association ("HSBC"), to purchase 10 HSBC retail branches in California and additional loans and deposits associated with HSBC's West Coast mass retail market consumer banking business and retail business banking business.
SAN FRANCISCO: HSBC announced that it is exiting the retail and small business banking market in the United States, in line with its strategy to refocus on corporate and investment banking in Asia. The London-headquartered, Asia-focused giant intends to focus on the banking and wealth management needs of globally connected affluent and high net worth clients, it said in a statement late Wednesday. Of its 148 US branches, 90 are to be sold, including to Citizens Bank and Cathay General Bancorp. The bank plans to turn about 20 locations into international centres dedicated to high net worth individuals, and gradually wind down the remaining 35-40 branches. They are good businesses, but we lacked the scale to compete, said Noel Quinn, the groups chief executive, in the statement. This next...
London-headquartered HSBC is to exit its US retail and small business banking market in a strategic move to focus more heavily on its main corporate and investment banking presence across Asia. The bank said in a statement towards the end of Wednesday 26 May it would exit retail banking for most individual and small business customers but retain a small physical presence in the US to serve its international affluent and very wealthy clients. Ninety of its 148 US branches are to be sold with HSBC talking to Citizens Bank and Cathay General Bancorp among others about a deal which will be subject to regulatory approvals. HSBC said it planned to turn about 20 locations into international centres for high-net worth individuals, and wind down the remaining 35-40 branches. "They are good busin...
CATY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CATYWant to do more research on Cathay General Bancorp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Cathay General Bancorp (CATY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch