Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CBSH POWR Grades
- CBSH scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.64% of US stocks.
- CBSH's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 26 weeks.
- CBSH's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 3.44% of US stocks).
CBSH Stock Summary
- CBSH's went public 36.96 years ago, making it older than 93.52% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 12.07 for COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC; that's greater than it is for 94.49% of US stocks.
- The volatility of COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC's share price is greater than that of only 0.66% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CBSH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CFR, UMPQ, OBNK, SNV, and GBCI.
- Visit CBSH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.commercebank.com.
CBSH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CBSH's EV/EBIT ratio is 42.11% higher, now standing at 16.2.
- CBSH's price/earnings ratio has moved up 4.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CBSH.
CBSH Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 167.19%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 37.75%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 14.44%.
The table below shows CBSH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CBSH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CBSH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 43.04% of graded US stocks.
- CBSH's asset turnover comes in at 0.044 -- ranking 114th of 428 Banking stocks.
- PBCT, BANF, and MTB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CBSH.
The table below shows CBSH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CBSH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CBSH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.41||52-week high||$72.60|
|Prev. close||$67.08||52-week low||$59.81|
|Day high||$67.72||Avg. volume||411,991|
|50-day MA||$67.61||Dividend yield||1.57%|
|200-day MA||$66.37||Market Cap||8.45B|
Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH) Company Bio
Commerce Bancshares operates as the bank holding company for Commerce Bank that provides retail, corporate, investment, trust, and asset management products and services to individuals and businesses in Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Colorado. The company was founded in 1865 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
CBSH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CBSH Latest Social Stream
View Full CBSH Social Stream
Latest CBSH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CBSH as an investment opportunity.
Zacks Value Investor Highlights: First Trust NASDAQ ABA Community Bank Index Fund, Commerce Bancshares, Bank OZK, SPDR S&P 600 Small Cap Value ETF and iShares Russell 2000 Value ETF
First Trust NASDAQ ABA Community Bank Index Fund, Commerce Bancshares, Bank OZK, SPDR S&P 600 Small Cap Value ETF and iShares Russell 2000 Value ETF have been highlighted in this Value Investor article.
ETFs make it easy to buy small cap value, but which ETF is best?
UMB (UMBF) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Business comprises nearly 30 financial advisors, who collectively serve $4.4 billion of brokerage and advisory assetsSAN DIEGO, Nov. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LPL Financial LLC (“LPL”) today announced an agreement with Commerce Bank to transition support of Commerce Financial Advisors to LPL’s Institution Services platform. Commerce Financial Advisors, the retail brokerage and advisory division of Commerce Brokerage Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Commerce Bank, comprises nearly 30 financial
To further strengthen its capital markets business, Commerce Bancshares (CBSH) unit is acquiring L.J. Hart & Company.
CBSH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CBSHWant to do more research on Commerce Bancshares Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch