Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CBSH POWR Grades
- CBSH scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 88.75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CBSH is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- CBSH's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 11.55% of US stocks).
CBSH Stock Summary
- CBSH's went public 35.83 years ago, making it older than 92.68% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 9.74 for Commerce Bancshares Inc; that's greater than it is for 90.86% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Commerce Bancshares Inc's share price is greater than that of just 8.29% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Commerce Bancshares Inc are CFR, GBCI, ZION, FIBK, and PNFP.
- Visit CBSH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.commercebank.com.
CBSH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CBSH's price/sales ratio is 78.12% higher, now standing at 5.7.
- Over the past 243 months, CBSH's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.6.
- Over the past 243 months, CBSH's price/earnings ratio has gone up 1.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CBSH.
CBSH Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 41.45%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 2.38%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 56.94%.
The table below shows CBSH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CBSH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CBSH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 42.77% of graded US stocks.
- CBSH's asset turnover comes in at 0.044 -- ranking 117th of 433 Banking stocks.
- PBCT, BANF, and MTB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CBSH.
The table below shows CBSH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CBSH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CBSH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.39||52-week high||$83.06|
|Prev. close||$72.16||52-week low||$57.23|
|Day high||$72.76||Avg. volume||404,586|
|50-day MA||$69.75||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$73.52||Market Cap||8.46B|
Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH) Company Bio
Commerce Bancshares operates as the bank holding company for Commerce Bank that provides retail, corporate, investment, trust, and asset management products and services to individuals and businesses in Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Colorado. The company was founded in 1865 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
CBSH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CBSH Latest Social Stream
View Full CBSH Social Stream
Latest CBSH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Commerce Bancshares Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CBSH as an investment opportunity.
Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH) has posted impressive Q3 results, driven by strong fee-based businesses. The regional bank provides banking services, including payment solutions, investment management and securities brokerage. The bank reported third-quarter earnings of $1.05 per share, beating analysts’ expectations of $0.99 per share. The company had reported earnings of $1.06 per share in the same quarter last year. Additionally, total revenues increased 1.7% year-over-year to $351.5 million, outpacing consensus estimates of $349.85 million. Net interest income came in at $214 million, marginally down on a year-over-year basis, while non-interest income jumped 6.1% to $137.5 million. For the third quarter, the company reported the return on average assets of 1.
Rise in non-interest income and provision benefit support Commerce Bancshares' (CBSH) Q3 earnings while lower loan balance and increase in costs hurt.
Commerce (CBSH) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 5.00% and 2.32%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
KANSAS CITY, Mo., October 19, 2021--Commerce Bancshares, Inc. announced earnings of $1.05 per share for the three months ended September 30, 2021, compared to $1.06 per common share in the same quarter last year and $1.38 per share in the second quarter of 2021. Net income attributable to Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (net income) for the third quarter of 2021 amounted to $122.6 million, compared to $132.4 million in the third quarter of 2020 and $162.3 million in the prior quarter. For the quarter,
In this article, we discuss the 10 safe dividend stocks to consider for retirement. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to Retirement Stock Portfolio: 5 Safe Dividend Stocks To Consider. Astronomical valuations in the growth sector and the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic pushed dividend stocks to new […]
CBSH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CBSHWant to do more research on Commerce Bancshares Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch