Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CBSH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.61||52-week high||$72.60|
|Prev. close||$48.30||52-week low||$47.31|
|Day high||$48.65||Avg. volume||543,996|
|50-day MA||$53.98||Dividend yield||2.24%|
|200-day MA||$63.58||Market Cap||6.06B|
CBSH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CBSH POWR Grades
- CBSH scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 70.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CBSH is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CBSH's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 4.69% of US stocks).
CBSH Stock Summary
- CBSH's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 12.81 for COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC; that's greater than it is for 94.39% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 84.5%, COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC's debt growth rate surpasses 87.22% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CBSH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CAC, FBP, UMBF, FNCB, and CFR.
- Visit CBSH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.commercebank.com.
CBSH Valuation Summary
- CBSH's price/sales ratio is 4.1; this is 86.36% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- CBSH's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CBSH.
CBSH Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 19.22%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 8.34%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.16%.
The table below shows CBSH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CBSH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CBSH has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 43.04% of graded US stocks.
- CBSH's asset turnover comes in at 0.044 -- ranking 114th of 428 Banking stocks.
- PBCT, BANF, and MTB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CBSH.
The table below shows CBSH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CBSH Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CBSH, see our CBSH price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$71.43||Average Broker Recommendation||2.12 (Hold)|
Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (CBSH) Company Bio
Commerce Bancshares operates as the bank holding company for Commerce Bank that provides retail, corporate, investment, trust, and asset management products and services to individuals and businesses in Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, and Colorado. The company was founded in 1865 and is based in Kansas City, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
CBSH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CBSH Latest Social Stream
View Full CBSH Social Stream
Latest CBSH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMERCE BANCSHARES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CBSH as an investment opportunity.
Compared to Estimates, Commerce (CBSH) Q1 Earnings: A Look at Key Metrics
The headline numbers for Commerce (CBSH) give insight into how the company performed in the quarter ended March 2023, but it may be worthwhile to compare some of its key metrics to Wall Street estimates and the year-ago actuals.
Commerce Bancshares' (NASDAQ:CBSH) Upcoming Dividend Will Be Larger Than Last Year's
Commerce Bancshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CBSH ) will increase its dividend from last year's comparable payment on the 20th of...
Is the Options Market Predicting a Spike in Commerce Bancshares (CBSH) Stock?
Investors need to pay close attention to Commerce Bancshares (CBSH) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
Commerce Bancshares, Inc. Declares Cash Dividend on Common Stock
KANSAS CITY, Mo., April 19, 2023--Commerce Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBSH) announced today that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.27 per share on the Company's common stock. The dividend is payable on June 20, 2023 to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 5, 2023.
Commerce Bancshares (CBSH) Down 3.8% Despite Q1 Earnings Beat
Higher interest rates, an increase in loan balances and solid growth in net interest income support Commerce Bancshares' (CBSH) Q1 earnings. However, a rise in non-interest expenses and provisions hurt the stock.
CBSH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CBSHWant to do more research on Commerce Bancshares Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Commerce Bancshares Inc (CBSH) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...