Cabot Corporation (CBT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CBT POWR Grades
- CBT scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 89.17% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CBT is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CBT's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 40.72% of US stocks).
CBT Stock Summary
- CABOT CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 90.26% of US listed stocks.
- CBT's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 290.41 -- higher than 92.23% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- CABOT CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CBT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HAS, SRGA, XRX, EHTH, and LNDC.
- Visit CBT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cabotcorp.com.
CBT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CBT's price/earnings ratio is 160.83% higher, now standing at 28.3.
- CBT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CBT.
CBT Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.2%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 22.16%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 12.5%.
The table below shows CBT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CBT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CBT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.56% of graded US stocks.
- CBT's asset turnover comes in at 1.052 -- ranking 13th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- IOSP, TOMZ, and MTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CBT.
The table below shows CBT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CBT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CBT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.36||52-week high||$78.62|
|Prev. close||$63.89||52-week low||$49.59|
|Day high||$66.47||Avg. volume||418,376|
|50-day MA||$71.84||Dividend yield||2.32%|
|200-day MA||$67.53||Market Cap||3.74B|
Cabot Corporation (CBT) Company Bio
Cabot Corporation is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, and aerogel. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
CBT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CBT Latest Social Stream
View Full CBT Social Stream
Latest CBT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CABOT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CBT as an investment opportunity.
Cabot (CBT) gains on strong underlying demand across its businesses, its disciplined execution of operations and strategic acquisition.
The three-year decline in earnings for Cabot NYSE:CBT) isn't encouraging, but shareholders are still up 67% over that period
By buying an index fund, investors can approximate the average market return. But if you choose individual stocks with...
Against the current volatile macroeconomic backdrop, it would be prudent to add some top-quality dividend-paying chemical stocks in your portfolio. CC, CBT, HUN, LYB and TROX fit the bill.
BOSTON, September 07, 2022--Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) announced today that Erica McLaughlin, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, will present at the Credit Suisse 35th Annual Specialties & Basics Conference in New York on Tuesday, September 13, 2022, at 2:45 p.m. (ET).
Cabot (CBT) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
CBT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|