Cabot Corporation (CBT): Price and Financial Metrics
CBT Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CBT is 3.2 -- better than 85.78% of US stocks.
- Cabot Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.82% of US equities in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Cabot Corp comes in at -18.81%, a number that bests only 20.78% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cabot Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be AIMC, LNDC, PRGO, VISL, and MIND.
- Visit CBT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cabotcorp.com.
CBT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CBT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.54||52-week high||$55.11|
|Prev. close||$54.74||52-week low||$26.95|
|Day high||$54.58||Avg. volume||286,268|
|50-day MA||$51.61||Dividend yield||2.56%|
|200-day MA||$43.60||Market Cap||3.03B|
Cabot Corporation (CBT) Company Bio
Cabot Corporation is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, and aerogel. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
CBT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Cabot Corp. To summarize, we found that Cabot Corp ranked in the 16th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CBT, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 0.94; that's higher than only 24.48% of US stocks in the Basic Materials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.51 years, is -0.11% -- higher than just 13.02% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Cabot Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 82 -- greater than 96.71% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CBT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CBT Latest Social Stream
View Full CBT Social Stream
Latest CBT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cabot Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CBT as an investment opportunity.
The Basic Materials sector is one of the best places to be in right now.
A look at the shareholders of Cabot Corporation ( NYSE:CBT ) can tell us which group is most powerful. Insiders often...
Cabot Corporation to Announce Second Quarter 2021 Operating Results
Cabot (CBT) invests $85 million in emissions control technology to improve air quality through substantial removal of emissions.
Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) today announced that it has continued to expand its commitment to Responsible Care and has successfully completed the Responsible Care 14001 (RC14001) certification process at four additional sites in China. RC14001 is the globally recognized gold standard for safety and health, environmental and security management systems established by the American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) Responsible Care program.
CBT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CBTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Cabot Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!