Cabot Corporation (CBT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CBT POWR Grades
- CBT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 73.52% of US stocks.
- CBT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CBT's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 42.53% of US stocks).
CBT Stock Summary
- Cabot Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 90.93% of US listed stocks.
- Cabot Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Cabot Corp is reporting a growth rate of 383.33%; that's higher than 94.4% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cabot Corp are AYTU, CCMP, ASH, DRTT, and HAS.
- CBT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cabot Corp's official web site, go to www.cabotcorp.com.
CBT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CBT's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.61% lower, now standing at 14.5.
- Over the past 243 months, CBT's price/earnings ratio has gone down 64.4.
- Over the past 243 months, CBT's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CBT.
CBT Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 4.82%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 19.19%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 3.04%.
The table below shows CBT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CBT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CBT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.56% of graded US stocks.
- CBT's asset turnover comes in at 1.052 -- ranking 13th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- IOSP, TOMZ, and MTX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CBT.
The table below shows CBT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CBT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CBT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.73||52-week high||$74.87|
|Prev. close||$70.03||52-week low||$47.59|
|Day high||$70.13||Avg. volume||461,360|
|50-day MA||$68.25||Dividend yield||2.11%|
|200-day MA||$60.20||Market Cap||3.94B|
Cabot Corporation (CBT) Company Bio
Cabot Corporation is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, and aerogel. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
CBT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CBT Latest Social Stream
View Full CBT Social Stream
Latest CBT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cabot Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CBT as an investment opportunity.
Koppers (KOP) gains on significantly higher sales in its Carbon Materials and Chemicals segment in the fourth quarter.
Westlake (WLK) benefits from the continued strength in the residential construction market and strong repair and remodeling markets in Q4.
Cabot Corporation Expands Engineered Elastomer Composites (E2C™) Solutions for Use in Retreading of Off-the-Road (OTR) Tires
BOSTON, February 22, 2022--Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) today announced the expansion of its Engineered Elastomer Composites (E2C™) product line for use in retreading applications for off-the-road (OTR) tires. Enabled by propriety process technology that mixes reinforcing carbons into elastomers, E2C solutions for the OTR tire retreading application deliver premium performance that maximizes the life of retreads, improves the productivity and efficiency of mining operations, and reduces impact
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Cabot (CBT) have what it takes? Let's find out.
Here is how Aperam (APEMY) and Cabot (CBT) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
CBT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|