Community Bank System, Inc. (CBU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CBU POWR Grades
- CBU scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 83.9% of US stocks.
- CBU's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CBU ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
CBU Stock Summary
- CBU's went public 37.25 years ago, making it older than 93.52% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 244.9%, COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM INC's debt growth rate surpasses 94.2% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM INC's share price is greater than that of just 8% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM INC are MWA, NAPA, CWBC, GSBC, and LOB.
- CBU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM INC's official web site, go to cbna.com.
CBU Valuation Summary
- CBU's price/earnings ratio is 15.4; this is 62.11% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CBU's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CBU.
CBU Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 36.72%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 58.28%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 3.67%.
The table below shows CBU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CBU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CBU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.34% of graded US stocks.
- CBU's asset turnover comes in at 0.043 -- ranking 130th of 430 Banking stocks.
- FIBK, OVLY, and PLBC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CBU.
The table below shows CBU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CBU Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CBU, see our CBU price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$75.75||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
CBU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CBU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$51.82||52-week high||$72.86|
|Prev. close||$53.16||52-week low||$48.99|
|Day high||$53.84||Avg. volume||279,829|
|50-day MA||$58.75||Dividend yield||3.31%|
|200-day MA||$62.73||Market Cap||2.79B|
Community Bank System, Inc. (CBU) Company Bio
Community Bank System, Inc. provides various banking and financial services to retail, commercial, and municipal customers in Upstate New York and Northeastern Pennsylvania. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Dewitt, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
CBU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CBU Latest Social Stream
View Full CBU Social Stream
Latest CBU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CBU as an investment opportunity.
Should Income Investors Look At Community Bank System, Inc. (NYSE:CBU) Before Its Ex-Dividend?
It looks like Community Bank System, Inc. ( NYSE:CBU ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next 4 days. The ex-dividend...
Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
SYRACUSE, N.Y., February 15, 2023--Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Balance Sheet Repositioning
SYRACUSE, N.Y., February 01, 2023--Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Balance Sheet Repositioning
Community Bank System, Inc. (NYSE:CBU) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Community Bank System, Inc. (NYSE:CBU) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 24, 2023 Operator: Welcome to the Community Bank System Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Earnings Conference Call. Please note that this presentation contains forward-looking statements within the provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are based on current expectations, […]
Community Bank System (CBU) Tops Q4 Earnings Estimates
Community Bank (CBU) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 1.05% and 0.94%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CBU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CBUWant to see what other sources are saying about Community Bank System Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Community Bank System Inc (CBU) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Community Bank System Inc (CBU) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Community Bank System Inc (CBU) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...