ChemoCentryx, Inc. (CCXI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CCXI POWR Grades
- CCXI scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 60.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CCXI is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- CCXI's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 2.12% of US stocks).
CCXI Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 113.25, ChemoCentryx Inc has a higher such ratio than 96.92% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that CCXI's revenue has grown -71.6% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 2.71% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of ChemoCentryx Inc's share price is greater than that of 99.32% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CCXI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MNOV, HRTX, RESN, ACRS, and FREQ.
- CCXI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ChemoCentryx Inc's official web site, go to www.chemocentryx.com.
CCXI Valuation Summary
- CCXI's EV/EBIT ratio is -9.1; this is 131.06% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- CCXI's price/sales ratio has moved up 40 over the prior 116 months.
- CCXI's price/earnings ratio has moved up 116.3 over the prior 116 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CCXI.
CCXI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 342.89%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -29.06%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 1770.9%.
The table below shows CCXI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CCXI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CCXI has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 10.28% of graded US stocks.
- CCXI's asset turnover comes in at 0.043 -- ranking 332nd of 681 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- BHC, LUMO, and CBAY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CCXI.
The table below shows CCXI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CCXI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CCXI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.06||52-week high||$70.29|
|Prev. close||$34.57||52-week low||$9.53|
|Day high||$34.06||Avg. volume||3,081,080|
|50-day MA||$21.05||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.42||Market Cap||2.38B|
ChemoCentryx, Inc. (CCXI) Company Bio
ChemoCentryx, Inc. focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of orally administered therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders, and cancer in the United States. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Mountain View, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CCXI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CCXI Latest Social Stream
View Full CCXI Social Stream
Latest CCXI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ChemoCentryx Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CCXI as an investment opportunity.
I am neutral on ChemoCentryx (CCXI) because the upside potential embedded in its development pipeline is offset by the speculative nature of the business, and its lack of profitability at present. ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical corporation that manufactures and markets innovative orally administered therapeutic medication for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases and cancers. (See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks) Strengths ChemoCentryx’s lead drug candidate, Avacopan (CCX168), has successfully completed its ANCA-associated vasculitis Phase 3 trial, and has entered its late-stage clinical development to treat severe cases of Hidradenitis Suppurativa and C3G (C3 glomerulopathy).
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted approval for the company's autoimmune drug, avacopan, which instantly led to shares of ChemoCentryx more than doubling in value. For investors who didn't want to take on the risk heading into the FDA decision, the obvious question now is whether it's too late to invest in the healthcare stock. After amassing such impressive returns over a short time frame, can investors who buy the stock today still expect to earn a good return on their investment?
Growth stocks can be a thing of beauty. The trick, if you will, is to suss out growth stocks that won't rot on the vine, so to speak. While both of these biotech stocks have more than doubled in value in the past three years, I believe each of these healthcare equities still has a lot of room to run in 2022 and beyond.
The risk that a drug in development might fail to meet its targets or satisfy the regulators’ assessment is one investors of biotech companies always need to consider. But if the drug impresses in testing and cuts the mustard in the regulators’ eyes, then the rewards are like in no other segment of the stock market. Chemocentryx (CCXI) is a good example here; in Friday’s session, shares almost doubled after the biotech’s treatment of a rare autoimmune disease received the FDA’s seal of approval.
As Q4 gets into full swing, we can take a moment to look back over our shoulders at where we’ve come from. The sustained upward trend of the markets is obvious from this view, and the recent downturn in the market appears as a bump against some otherwise solid gains. Even so, there are reasons for concern right now. The COVID pandemic hasn’t gone away – and it doesn’t look like it will go away either. The September jobs numbers were weak, and unemployment only fell because too many people left the workforce.
CCXI Price Returns