Codexis, Inc. (CDXS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CDXS POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CDXS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 53.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CDXS is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- CDXS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 6.35% of US stocks).
CDXS Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Codexis Inc is higher than it is for about just 21.92% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 20.1, Codexis Inc has a higher such ratio than 90.34% of stocks in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.33 for Codexis Inc; that's greater than it is for just 17.79% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CDXS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ENTX, SDGR, INSM, FBIO, and INFN.
- Visit CDXS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.codexis.com.
CDXS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, CDXS's price/earnings ratio is 304.93% lower, now standing at -74.8.
- Over the past 138 months, CDXS's price/sales ratio has gone up 15.7.
- CDXS's price/sales ratio has moved up 15.7 over the prior 138 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CDXS.
CDXS Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -452.1%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 281%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -343.94%.
The table below shows CDXS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CDXS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CDXS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 53.62% of graded US stocks.
- CDXS's asset turnover comes in at 0.423 -- ranking 64th of 90 Chemicals stocks.
- NGVT, IFF, and GPP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CDXS.
The table below shows CDXS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CDXS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CDXS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.57||52-week high||$29.56|
|Prev. close||$25.78||52-week low||$11.56|
|Day high||$25.79||Avg. volume||508,005|
|50-day MA||$24.09||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$22.70||Market Cap||1.65B|
Codexis, Inc. (CDXS) Company Bio
Codexis, Inc. develops biocatalysts for the pharmaceutical and fine chemicals markets in the United States and internationally. The company offers Codex biocatalyst panels and kits to pharmaceutical companies that are engaged in drug development and the marketing of approved drugs to allow them to screen and identify possible enzymatic manufacturing processes for their drug candidates and their marketed products. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Redwood City, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CDXS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CDXS Latest Social Stream
View Full CDXS Social Stream
Latest CDXS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Codexis Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CDXS as an investment opportunity.
Codexis Inc (NASDAQ: CDXS) has amended and extended its agreement with Merck & Co Inc (NYSE: MRK) to license and supply a proprietary enzyme used to manufacture sitagliptin. Sitagliptin is an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) in Merck's two anti-diabetic medications, Januvia and Janumet. Codexis and Merck leveraged Codexis' CodeEvolver enzyme engineering platform technology to design an enzyme to serve as a biocatalyst in the sitagliptin manufacturing process. In 2012 Codexis and Merck ente
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Codexis, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDXS), a leading enzyme engineering company enabling the promise of synthetic biology, announced the amendment and extension of its agreement with Merck, known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, to license and supply a proprietary enzyme used in the manufacturing process for sitagliptin, the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) in Merck’s JANUVIA® and one of the active ingredients in Merck’s JANUMET®. “Co
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Codexis, inc. (Nasdaq:CDXS), a leading enzyme engineering company enabling the promise of synthetic biology, today announced that management will participate in two upcoming virtual investment conferences. The H.C. Wainwright 23rd Annual Global Investment Conference — September 13, 2021 at 7:00 a.m. ET, on-demand corporate presentation The Cantor Virtual Global Healthcare Conference — September 28, 2021 at 10:40 a.m. ET, fireside chat Webc
Codexis Confirms Receipt of Follow-on Orders for Proprietary Enzyme Product from Undisclosed Global Pharmaceutical Company
Orders Support Company’s Recently Increased 2021 Guidance REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Codexis, Inc. (Nasdaq: CDXS), a leading enzyme engineering company enabling the promise of synthetic biology, announced the Company received new purchase orders with an aggregate total value of approximately $15 million for the 2021 supply of a proprietary high performance enzyme used to manufacture a critical intermediate for an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) in a therapeuti
When a stock experiences a golden cross technical event, good things could be on the horizon. How should investors react?
CDXS Price Returns