Celanese Corp. (CE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CE POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.41% of US stocks.
- CE's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CE ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
CE Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CELANESE CORP is higher than it is for about 94.8% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 211.68%, CELANESE CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 93.28% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CE comes in at -62.57% -- higher than that of just 8.35% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NGVT, OC, TTMI, BON, and ZEV.
- CE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CELANESE CORP's official web site, go to www.celanese.com.
CE Valuation Summary
- CE's EV/EBIT ratio is 7; this is 32.69% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 219 months, CE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CE.
CE Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -11.26%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 13.77%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -8.04%.
The table below shows CE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CE has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.59% of graded US stocks.
- CE's asset turnover comes in at 0.706 -- ranking 39th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- WLK, EMN, and FF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CE.
The table below shows CE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.20||52-week high||$162.08|
|Prev. close||$121.95||52-week low||$86.71|
|Day high||$123.54||Avg. volume||971,310|
|50-day MA||$109.42||Dividend yield||2.27%|
|200-day MA||$116.25||Market Cap||13.36B|
Celanese Corp. (CE) Company Bio
Celanese Corporation, formerly known as Hoechst Celanese, is an American technology and specialty materials company headquartered in Irving, Texas, United States. Part of the Fortune 500, the company is the world’s leading producer of acetic acid, producing about 1.95 million tonnes per year, representing approximately 25% of global production. Celanese is also the world's largest producer of vinyl acetate monomer (VAM). (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CE Latest Social Stream
View Full CE Social Stream
Latest CE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CELANESE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CE as an investment opportunity.
Celanese stock shows improving price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating.
As you may recall in last Tuesday’s Market 360, I gave a preview of how the big banks were poised to do and whether they were good buys ahead of their earnings releases.
A common mistake that investors make regarding dividend portfolio construction is not having a well-thought-out plan.
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B) trounced the S&P 500 by more than a 22 percentage-point margin in 2022 -- marking Berkshire's best performance relative to the market since 2007. Luckily for investors, the contents of Berkshire's equity portfolio are public information. Today, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), Celanese (NYSE: CE), and United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS) are three Buffett dividend stocks that stand out more than the rest of the pack.
In this article, we will discuss the 15 largest plastic manufacturing companies in the world. If you want to skip our analysis of the plastic industry, you can go directly to 5 Largest Plastic Manufacturing Companies in the World. The plastic manufacturing industry produces a variety of plastic products for a range of different uses, […]
CE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|