Celanese Corporation Celanese Corporation (CE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CE POWR Grades
- CE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.79% of US stocks.
- CE's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CE's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 40.24% of US stocks).
CE Stock Summary
- CE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 2.91 -- higher than just 12.91% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- CE's current price/earnings ratio is 6.78, which is higher than only 8.93% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, CE has reported earnings growth of 233.45%, putting it ahead of 91.97% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Celanese Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CTLT, LDOS, STLD, FOXA, and RE.
- CE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Celanese Corp's official web site, go to www.celanese.com.
CE Valuation Summary
- CE's price/sales ratio is 2.9; this is 20.83% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- CE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 3.6 over the prior 201 months.
- CE's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 201 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CE.
CE Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 60.84%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 41.51%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 125.54%.
The table below shows CE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$153.32||52-week high||$171.00|
|Prev. close||$156.23||52-week low||$97.75|
|Day high||$155.77||Avg. volume||806,998|
|50-day MA||$155.33||Dividend yield||1.75%|
|200-day MA||$143.17||Market Cap||17.04B|
Celanese Corporation Celanese Corporation (CE) Company Bio
Celanese Corporation manufactures and sells value-added chemicals, thermoplastic polymers, and other chemical-based products worldwide. The company was founded in 1918 and is based in Irving, Texas.
CE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Celanese Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Celanese Corp ranked in the 44th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 31.17%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Celanese Corp, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 23.23; that's higher than 85.05% of US stocks in the Basic Materials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Celanese Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 22.41% of tickers in our DCF set.
- CE's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 22.41% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CE Latest Social Stream
View Full CE Social Stream
Latest CE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Celanese Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CE as an investment opportunity.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Netflix got things going Tuesday afternoon with its second-quarter earnings report.
BMO Capital Stick to Their Buy Rating for Celanese Corp
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
CE earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
CE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|