Central Garden & Pet Company (CENT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CENT Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CENT is 2.62 -- better than 81.74% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Central Garden & Pet Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 40.47%, Central Garden & Pet Co's debt growth rate surpasses 83.16% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Central Garden & Pet Co, a group of peers worth examining would be USM, JELD, DY, MHO, and ONEW.
- Visit CENT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.central.com.
CENT Valuation Summary
- CENT's price/sales ratio is 1; this is 33.33% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- CENT's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CENT.
CENT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CENT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.91||52-week high||$62.91|
|Prev. close||$55.95||52-week low||$33.03|
|Day high||$56.21||Avg. volume||79,132|
|50-day MA||$56.47||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$46.20||Market Cap||3.11B|
Central Garden & Pet Company (CENT) Company Bio
Central Garden & Pet Company is a marketer and producer of branded products for the lawn & garden and pet supplies markets. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Walnut Creek, California.
CENT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Central Garden & Pet Co. To summarize, we found that Central Garden & Pet Co ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CENT, they are:
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 27% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 61.68% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- Central Garden & Pet Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.67% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 55.86% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CENT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CENT Latest Social Stream
View Full CENT Social Stream
Latest CENT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Central Garden & Pet Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CENT as an investment opportunity.
Central Garden & Pet's (CENT) acquisition initiative is consistently strengthening its portfolio. It is also steadily advancing its digital capabilities and focusing on marketing activities.
Comfort Zone's new Opticalm diffuser's design improves overall experience and promotes relaxation for feline companions
Central Garden (CENT) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Nylabone donates dog & cat supplies to Neptune City pet food drive.
Central Garden & Pet, Nylabone and Kroger Team up to Bring ‘Bark at the Park’ Back to MLB Fans and Their Furry Friends Across America
Central Garden & Pet, Nylabone and Kroger bring Bark at the Park back to MLB fans and their pets across the country
CENT Price Returns
Continue Researching CENTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Central Garden & Pet Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Central Garden & Pet Co (CENT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Central Garden & Pet Co (CENT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Central Garden & Pet Co (CENT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch