Central Garden & Pet Company (CENT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CENT Stock Summary
- CENT's went public 29.22 years ago, making it older than 79.42% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO's share price is greater than that of just 12.98% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CENT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CHX, DLA, CR, SMP, and BOOT.
- Visit CENT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.central.com.
CENT Valuation Summary
- CENT's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.7; this is 25.07% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CENT's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CENT.
CENT Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 27.2%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 231.67%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 33.04%.
The table below shows CENT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CENT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CENT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.87||52-week high||$57.32|
|Prev. close||$36.36||52-week low||$36.27|
|Day high||$37.28||Avg. volume||47,004|
|50-day MA||$41.53||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$44.52||Market Cap||2.00B|
Central Garden & Pet Company (CENT) Company Bio
Central Garden & Pet Company is a marketer and producer of branded products for the lawn & garden and pet supplies markets. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Walnut Creek, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CENT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CENT Latest Social Stream
View Full CENT Social Stream
Latest CENT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CENT as an investment opportunity.
Central Garden & Pet Releases Inaugural Impact Report Outlining Sustainability Priorities, Progress and Goals
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., September 22, 2022--Today, Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) (NASDAQ: CENTA) ("Central"), a market leader in the Garden and Pet industries, released its inaugural Central Impact Report detailing the company’s priorities and approach to sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives. Grounded in its purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes, Central has embedded its Central Impact Strategy into its long-term growth agenda so that sustain
Central Garden & Pet's (CENT) acquisition initiative constantly strengthens its portfolio. CENT is also steadily advancing its digital capabilities and focusing on marketing activities.
Central Garden (CENT) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Consumer Goods sector as 2 analysts just weighed in on Tesla (TSLA – Research Report) and Central Garden Pet (CENT – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Tesla (TSLA) Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas maintained a Buy rating on Tesla today and set a price target of $383.33. The company's shares closed last Thursday at $293.93. According to TipRanks.
NORTON, Mass., August 18, 2022--Ferry-Morse, a leading garden brand in the Central Garden & Pet Company portfolio (NASDAQ: CENT) (NASDAQ: CENTA) and the largest home gardening seed packet company in the U.S., is welcoming beginner and expert gardeners alike to join in on the extended gardening season with new offerings in its Fall Plantlings™ Collection. With 20 new varieties of vegetable, herb, flower, succulent and indoor baby plants now available for delivery from the Ferry-Morse nursery dire
CENT Price Returns
Continue Researching CENTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Central Garden & Pet Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Central Garden & Pet Co (CENT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Central Garden & Pet Co (CENT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Central Garden & Pet Co (CENT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch