Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. (CFR): Price and Financial Metrics
CFR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$100.20||52-week high||$160.60|
|Prev. close||$104.30||52-week low||$92.55|
|Day high||$103.94||Avg. volume||616,102|
|50-day MA||$102.71||Dividend yield||3.31%|
|200-day MA||$127.62||Market Cap||6.45B|
CFR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CFR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CFR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.51% of US stocks.
- CFR's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CFR's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 6.73% of US stocks).
CFR Stock Summary
- CULLEN/FROST BANKERS INC's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 86.5% of US equities in our set.
- CFR's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.73% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 115.11%, CULLEN/FROST BANKERS INC's debt growth rate surpasses 89.38% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CULLEN/FROST BANKERS INC are UMBF, CBSH, FBP, BOH, and FNCB.
- CFR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CULLEN/FROST BANKERS INC's official web site, go to www.frostbank.com.
CFR Valuation Summary
- CFR's price/sales ratio is 3.5; this is 59.09% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CFR's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CFR.
CFR Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 17.93%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 17.93%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.31%.
The table below shows CFR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CFR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CFR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 29.21% of graded US stocks.
- CFR's asset turnover comes in at 0.03 -- ranking 377th of 430 Banking stocks.
- GCBC, BAC, and UBFO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CFR.
The table below shows CFR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CFR Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CFR, see our CFR price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$113.58||Average Broker Recommendation||2.36 (Moderate Sell)|
Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. (CFR) Company Bio
Cullen Frost Bankers offers commercial and consumer banking services in Texas. The company operates through two segments, Banking and Frost Wealth Advisors. The company was founded in 1868 and is based in San Antonio, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CFR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CFR Latest Social Stream
View Full CFR Social Stream
Latest CFR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CULLEN/FROST BANKERS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CFR as an investment opportunity.
Is Now The Time To Put Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE:CFR) On Your Watchlist?
Investors are often guided by the idea of discovering 'the next big thing', even if that means buying 'story stocks...
Cullen/Frost (CFR) Gains 6.6% on Q1 Earnings Beat, Revenues Rise
Cullen/Frost's (CFR) Q1 earnings are favorably impacted by an increase in revenues. An improvement in profitability ratios is a positive. However, an increase in expenses and provisions are concerning.
Cullen/Frost (CFR) Q1 Earnings: How Key Metrics Compare to Wall Street Estimates
While the top- and bottom-line numbers for Cullen/Frost (CFR) give a sense of how the business performed in the quarter ended March 2023, it could be worth looking at how some of its key metrics compare to Wall Street estimates and year-ago values.
Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR) Surpasses Q1 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
Cullen/Frost (CFR) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 5.88% and 3.53%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CULLEN/FROST REPORTS FIRST QUARTER RESULTS
Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. (NYSE:CFR) today reported first quarter 2023 results. Net income available to common shareholders for the first quarter of 2023 was $176.0 million compared to $97.4 million in the first quarter of 2022. On a per-share basis, net income available to common shareholders for the first quarter of 2023 was $2.70 per diluted common share, compared to $1.50 per diluted common share reported a year earlier, representing an 80.0 percent increase. Returns on average assets and a
CFR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CFRWant to do more research on Cullen/Frost Bankers Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Cullen/Frost Bankers Inc (CFR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Cullen/Frost Bankers Inc (CFR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Cullen/Frost Bankers Inc (CFR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...