Cognyte Software Ltd. (CGNT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CGNT POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CGNT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.55% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CGNT is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CGNT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 6.57% of US stocks).
CGNT Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.47, COGNYTE SOFTWARE LTD is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 4.49% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, COGNYTE SOFTWARE LTD is reporting a growth rate of -616.07%; that's higher than only 2.9% of US stocks.
- The volatility of COGNYTE SOFTWARE LTD's share price is greater than that of 91.99% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CGNT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GANX, FKWL, DAIO, ACER, and ACAD.
- Visit CGNT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cognyte.com.
CGNT Valuation Summary
- CGNT's EV/EBIT ratio is -4.1; this is 121.64% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- CGNT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 80.4 over the prior 22 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CGNT.
CGNT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CGNT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 59.44% of graded US stocks.
- CGNT's asset turnover comes in at 0.701 -- ranking 222nd of 561 Business Services stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows CGNT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CGNT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CGNT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.15||52-week high||$21.47|
|Prev. close||$3.12||52-week low||$2.55|
|Day high||$3.21||Avg. volume||912,865|
|50-day MA||$3.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.05||Market Cap||212.57M|
Cognyte Software Ltd. (CGNT) Company Bio
Cognyte Software Ltd. provides security analytics software that empowers governments and enterprises with actionable intelligence for a safer world. It software accelerate investigations and identify, neutralize, and prevent terror, crime and cyber threats. The company is headquartered in Herzliya Pituach, Israel.
Most Popular Stories View All
CGNT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CGNT Latest Social Stream
View Full CGNT Social Stream
Latest CGNT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COGNYTE SOFTWARE LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CGNT as an investment opportunity.
In a report released today, Mike Cikos from Needham maintained a Hold rating on Cognyte Software (CGNT - Research Report). The company's shares closed yesterday at $2.64.According to TipRanks, Cikos is an analyst with an average return of -9.7% and a 28.74% success rate. Cikos covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as New Relic, Nutanix, and Splunk.Cognyte Software has an analyst consensus of Hold, with a price target consensus of $6.00.See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks >> The company has a one-year high of $24.24 and a one-year low of $2.55. Currently, Cognyte Software has an average volume of 826.9K.
Shares of Cognyte Software (NASDAQ: CGNT) were up in morning trading on Wednesday as the analytics software company announced that it would divest its Situational Intelligence solutions, a part of its Threat Intelligence Analytics offering. The company will sell its Situational Intelligence solutions business to the Volaris Group for $47.5 million in cash plus "performance-based earn-out, if and to the extent earned." This divestiture is expected to close by early next year. Elad Sharon, Cognyte’s CEO commented, " Our strategy is to continue to address a broad set of security use cases which require sophisticated investigative analytics software.
HERZLIYA, Israel, October 19, 2022--Cognyte announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its Situational Intelligence solutions to the Volaris Group.
In a report released today, Mike Cikos from Needham maintained a Hold rating on Cognyte Software (CGNT - Research Report). The company's shares opened today at $4.31.According to TipRanks, Cikos is an analyst with an average return of -12.8% and a 20.24% success rate. Cikos covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as New Relic, Alteryx, and Dynatrace.Cognyte Software has an analyst consensus of Hold.See today’s best-performing stocks on TipRanks >>Based on Cognyte Software's latest earnings release for the quarter ending April 30, the company reported a quarterly revenue of $86.44 million and a GAAP net loss of $30.37 million.
Cognyte Software (NASDAQ: CGNT) stock was up in morning trading on Wednesday following mixed second-quarter results. Cognyte reported an adjusted loss of $0.04 per share in Q2 while analysts were expecting a loss of $0.12. The investigative analytics software company posted revenues of $81.1 million in Q2, down by around 30% year-over-year and falling short of Street estimates of $92.5 million. Elad Sharon, Cognyte’s CEO commented, " In the second quarter, our revenue was disappointing, but we are encouraged with bookings coming in higher than revenue and contributing to a substantial increase in backlog.
CGNT Price Returns