The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (CHEF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHEF POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CHEF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 52.79% of US stocks.
- CHEF's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CHEF ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
CHEF Stock Summary
- Chefs' Warehouse Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.45% of US listed stocks.
- CHEF's price/sales ratio is 0.92; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 19.02% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Chefs' Warehouse Inc is reporting a growth rate of 462.71%; that's higher than 95.52% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Chefs' Warehouse Inc are ABM, BCC, CVV, TCCO, and BNED.
- Visit CHEF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chefswarehouse.com.
CHEF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CHEF's price/sales ratio is 33.33% lower, now standing at 1.
- CHEF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 30.2 over the prior 122 months.
- CHEF's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 122 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHEF.
CHEF Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -9.57%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 329.33%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 12931.45%.
The table below shows CHEF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHEF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHEF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.56||52-week high||$35.56|
|Prev. close||$29.88||52-week low||$11.06|
|Day high||$30.73||Avg. volume||387,746|
|50-day MA||$30.46||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$27.68||Market Cap||1.16B|
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (CHEF) Company Bio
The Chef's Warehouse is a distributor of specialty food products in the United States and Canada focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools, bakeries, patisseries, chocolatiers, cruise lines, casinos and specialty food stores. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
CHEF Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Chefs' Warehouse Inc. To summarize, we found that Chefs' Warehouse Inc ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Chefs' Warehouse Inc ended up being:
- In the past 5.15 years, Chefs' Warehouse Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.31%; that's better than only 3.63% of cash flow producing equities in the Consumer Defensive sector, where it is classified.
- Chefs' Warehouse Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -5.14. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 10.51% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CHEF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHEF Latest Social Stream
View Full CHEF Social Stream
Latest CHEF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chefs' Warehouse Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHEF as an investment opportunity.
The Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF): Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.36; GAAP EPS of $0.03 beats by $0.35.Revenue of $422.97M (+111.0% Y/Y) beats by $67.95M.Press Release...
Image source: The Motley Fool. Chefs Warehouse Inc (NASDAQ: CHEF)Q2 2021 Earnings CallJul 28, 2021, 8:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGreetings, and welcome to the Chefs' Warehouse Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call.
Stock markets opened mixed on Wednesday morning, but the Nasdaq Composite (NASDAQINDEX: ^IXIC) was an early winner. As of 10:30 a.m. EDT today, the Nasdaq was up 0.75%, while other major market benchmarks were flat to down slightly. Below, we'll look more closely at Tilray (NASDAQ: TLRY) and The Chefs' Warehouse (NASDAQ: CHEF) to see why their gains overshadowed Big Tech on Wednesday.
The strong beat in sales and earnings is a relief, after the consumer price index report for June showed rising inflation for food costs. The stock had sold off sharply after that report, but nothing reverses investor sentiment better than great business results. The Chefs' Warehouse reported estimated inflation of 6.4% in Q1, but that accelerated to 10.6% in Q2.
Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 111.43% and 17.58%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CHEF Price Returns