The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (CHEF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHEF POWR Grades
- CHEF scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 93.96% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHEF is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 155 days.
- CHEF's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.11% of US stocks).
CHEF Stock Summary
- Chefs' Warehouse Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 90.69% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Chefs' Warehouse Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 76.04% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- CHEF's price/sales ratio is 0.82; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 18.15% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHEF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KEQU, BBSI, DLX, IBP, and RUSHA.
- Visit CHEF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chefswarehouse.com.
CHEF Valuation Summary
- CHEF's EV/EBIT ratio is -19.5; this is 208.33% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- CHEF's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 123 months.
- Over the past 123 months, CHEF's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHEF.
CHEF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 43.45%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 111.29%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 329.33%.
The table below shows CHEF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHEF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHEF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.66% of graded US stocks.
- CHEF's asset turnover comes in at 1.477 -- ranking 53rd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- INT, DLA, and MSM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CHEF.
The table below shows CHEF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CHEF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHEF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.69||52-week high||$37.85|
|Prev. close||$32.68||52-week low||$25.60|
|Day high||$32.89||Avg. volume||217,380|
|50-day MA||$32.75||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$31.49||Market Cap||1.24B|
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (CHEF) Company Bio
The Chef's Warehouse is a distributor of specialty food products in the United States and Canada focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools, bakeries, patisseries, chocolatiers, cruise lines, casinos and specialty food stores. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHEF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHEF Latest Social Stream
View Full CHEF Social Stream
Latest CHEF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chefs' Warehouse Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHEF as an investment opportunity.
The Chefs' Warehouse (NASDAQ:CHEF) has provided preliminary outlook for full year 2022, expecting net sales between $2.1B and $2.2B; gross profit between $494M and $517M; and adj. EBITDA between $99M and $111M. Consensus revenue estimate for FY22 is $2B. ...
BTIG analyst Peter Saleh maintained a Buy rating on The Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF – Research Report) on January 4 and set a price target of $42.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $33.48. According to TipRanks.com, Saleh is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 19.5% and a 70.6% success rate. Saleh covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as Papa John's International, BurgerFi International, and Texas Roadhouse. Currently, the analyst consensus on The Chefs' Warehouse is a Strong Buy with an average price target of $39.00.
RIDGEFIELD, Conn., Jan. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHEF) (the “Company”), a premier distributor of specialty food products in North America, today announced that the Company will virtually present at the 2022 ICR Conference on Tuesday, January 11, 2022. The presentation will begin at 10:00 a.m. ET. Investors and interested parties may listen to a webcast of the presentation by visiting the Company’s investor relations website at http://investors.chefswarehous
Premier distributor of specialty food products, The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHEF) has acquired all the assets of CGC Holdings, Inc. or “Capital Seaboard”. The financial terms of the deal have been kept under wraps. With over 55,000 products served to more than 34,000 customer locations in the U.S. and Canada, the company's product portfolio includes artisan charcuterie, specialty cheeses, unique oils and vinegars, truffles, caviar, chocolate and pastry products, among others. Notably, shares of The Chefs' Warehouse have gained 33.6% over the past year.
Acquisition Accelerates Specialty Produce and Seafood Expansion in the Mid-AtlanticRIDGEFIELD, Conn., Dec. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHEF), a premier distributor of specialty food products in North America, today announced that it has acquired substantially all of the assets of CGC Holdings, Inc., dba “Capital Seaboard”, based in Jessup, Maryland. Since its inception, Capital Seaboard has provided the finest produce and seafood to the Mid-Atlantic. “We are v
CHEF Price Returns