The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (CHEF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHEF POWR Grades
- CHEF scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHEF is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- CHEF's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 14.23% of US stocks).
CHEF Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CHEF is 6.51 -- better than 93.69% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for CHEFS' WAREHOUSE INC is higher than 92.54% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, CHEF has reported earnings growth of 693.06%, putting it ahead of 97.4% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CHEFS' WAREHOUSE INC are NSIT, CHS, TSRI, HSON, and KEQU.
- CHEF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHEFS' WAREHOUSE INC's official web site, go to www.chefswarehouse.com.
CHEF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CHEF's price/earnings ratio is 70.3% higher, now standing at 36.7.
- CHEF's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.5 over the prior 141 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHEF.
CHEF Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -96.57%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 440.46%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 2212.89%.
The table below shows CHEF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHEF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHEF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.66% of graded US stocks.
- CHEF's asset turnover comes in at 1.477 -- ranking 53rd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- INT, DLA, and MSM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CHEF.
The table below shows CHEF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CHEF Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CHEF, see our CHEF price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$38.80||Average Broker Recommendation||1.42 (Moderate Buy)|
CHEF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHEF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.44||52-week high||$42.16|
|Prev. close||$33.52||52-week low||$28.70|
|Day high||$34.47||Avg. volume||413,620|
|50-day MA||$35.52||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$35.09||Market Cap||1.33B|
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (CHEF) Company Bio
The Chef's Warehouse is a distributor of specialty food products in the United States and Canada focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools, bakeries, patisseries, chocolatiers, cruise lines, casinos and specialty food stores. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHEF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHEF Latest Social Stream
View Full CHEF Social Stream
Latest CHEF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHEFS' WAREHOUSE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHEF as an investment opportunity.
The Chefs’ Warehouse Reports Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Results
RIDGEFIELD, Conn., Feb. 15, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHEF) (the “Company” or “Chefs’”), a premier distributor of specialty food products in the United States, the Middle East, and Canada, today reported financial results for its fourth quarter ended December 30, 2022. The fiscal quarter ended December 30, 2022 consisted of 14 weeks as compared to the fiscal quarter ended December 24, 2021, which consisted of 13 weeks. Financial highlights for the fourth quarte
The Chefs’ Warehouse to Announce Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2022 Results on February 15, 2023
RIDGEFIELD, Conn., Jan. 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHEF) today announced that the Company intends to release its financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 30, 2022 before the opening of the stock market on Wednesday, February 15, 2023 and host a conference call at 8:30 a.m. ET on Wednesday, February 15, 2023 to review those results. The conference call will be webcast live from the Company’s investor relations website at http://
The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. to Participate in the 25th Annual ICR Conference
RIDGEFIELD, Conn., Jan. 03, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHEF) (the “Company”), a premier distributor of specialty food products in North America and the Middle East, today announced that the Company will present at the 25th Annual ICR Conference in Orlando, FL on Monday, January 9, 2023. The presentation will begin at 3:30 p.m. ET. Investors and interested parties may listen to a webcast of the presentation by visiting the Company’s investor relations website at h
Should Value Investors Buy The Chef's Warehouse (CHEF) Stock?
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Looking for a Growth Stock? 3 Reasons Why Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) is a Solid Choice
Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) possesses solid growth attributes, which could help it handily outperform the market.
CHEF Price Returns
Continue Researching CHEFWant to do more research on Chefs' Warehouse Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Chefs' Warehouse Inc (CHEF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chefs' Warehouse Inc (CHEF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chefs' Warehouse Inc (CHEF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...