The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (CHEF): Price and Financial Metrics
CHEF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.03||52-week high||$39.49|
|Prev. close||$26.90||52-week low||$17.29|
|Day high||$27.49||Avg. volume||377,797|
|50-day MA||$22.14||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$29.97||Market Cap||1.07B|
CHEF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHEF POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CHEF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.95% of US stocks.
- CHEF's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CHEF's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 9.35% of US stocks).
CHEF Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CHEF is 7.53 -- better than 95.02% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CHEF is currently 83.13, higher than 97.15% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- CHEF's price/sales ratio is 0.29; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 11.43% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHEF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are APG, SIG, MRC, WGO, and ODC.
- CHEF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHEFS' WAREHOUSE INC's official web site, go to www.chefswarehouse.com.
CHEF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CHEF's EV/EBIT ratio is 16.91% higher, now standing at 19.7.
- CHEF's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.7 over the prior 149 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHEF.
CHEF Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -96.57%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 440.46%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 2212.89%.
The table below shows CHEF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHEF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHEF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 35.66% of graded US stocks.
- CHEF's asset turnover comes in at 1.477 -- ranking 53rd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- INT, DLA, and MSM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CHEF.
The table below shows CHEF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (CHEF) Company Bio
The Chef's Warehouse is a distributor of specialty food products in the United States and Canada focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools, bakeries, patisseries, chocolatiers, cruise lines, casinos and specialty food stores. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Ridgefield, Connecticut.
CHEF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHEF Latest Social Stream
View Full CHEF Social Stream
Latest CHEF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHEFS' WAREHOUSE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHEF as an investment opportunity.
The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHEF) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 1, 2023 The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. reports earnings inline with expectations. Reported EPS is $0.33 EPS, expectations were $0.33. Operator: Greeting, and welcome to The Chefs’ Warehouse Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. As a reminder, this conference is being recorded. I would now […]
Shares of the restaurant supplier were moving higher after it posted strong revenue growth in the quarter.
Chefs' Warehouse (CHEF) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0% and 3.88%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
RIDGEFIELD, Conn., Nov. 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHEF) (the “Company” or “Chefs’”), a premier distributor of specialty food products in the United States, Middle East, and Canada, today reported financial results for its third quarter ended September 29, 2023. Financial highlights for the third quarter of 2023: Net sales increased 33.2% to $881.8 million for the third quarter of 2023 from $661.9 million for the third quarter of 2022.GAAP net income was $7.
Chef's Warehouse's (CHEF) third-quarter 2023 sales results are likely to reflect gains from the sturdy execution of its strategic and expansion initiatives.
CHEF Price Returns