Chegg, Inc. (CHGG): Price and Financial Metrics
CHGG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.96||52-week high||$30.05|
|Prev. close||$10.20||52-week low||$7.32|
|Day high||$10.20||Avg. volume||3,292,225|
|50-day MA||$8.86||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.31||Market Cap||1.15B|
CHGG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHGG POWR Grades
- CHGG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 95.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHGG is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CHGG ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
CHGG Stock Summary
- CHGG's current price/earnings ratio is 94.23, which is higher than 94.37% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -48.43%, CHEGG INC's debt growth rate surpasses only 5.81% of about US stocks.
- CHEGG INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 70.29%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.11% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHGG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BOX, UPWK, DOCS, DT, and YELP.
- CHGG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHEGG INC's official web site, go to www.chegg.com.
CHGG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CHGG's EV/EBIT ratio is 120.77% higher, now standing at 37.2.
- Over the past 122 months, CHGG's price/earnings ratio has gone up 109.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHGG.
CHGG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 518.73%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 75.27%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -42.96%.
The table below shows CHGG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHGG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHGG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.75% of graded US stocks.
- CHGG's asset turnover comes in at 0.263 -- ranking 43rd of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- LOPE, BHTG, and STRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CHGG.
The table below shows CHGG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Chegg, Inc. (CHGG) Company Bio
Chegg rents and sells print textbooks; and provides e-Textbooks, supplemental materials, Chegg Study service, textbook buyback, courses, internships, and college admissions and scholarship services, as well as offers enrollment marketing and brand advertising services. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Santa Clara, California.
CHGG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHGG Latest Social Stream
View Full CHGG Social Stream
Latest CHGG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHEGG INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHGG as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will talk about 12 Asian countries with the best education system. If you wish to skip our detailed analysis, you can go directly to the 5 Asian Countries With The Best Education System. Asia is facing massive problems regarding the provision of quality education. The challenges are especially evident in the […]
Wall Street boasts a solid midday lead, reversing a quiet start to the holiday-shortened week as tech and energy stocks boost the broader market.
Wells Fargo (WFC) has initiated coverage on Arm Holdings (ARM) stock giving the company an 'Overweight' rating with a $70 per share price target. Analysts at Wells Fargo pointed out the company's chip designs and expanding markets in China among other reasons for the rating. Shares of Chegg (CHGG) trend lower after Morgan Stanley (MS) downgraded the stock to 'Underweight' and lowered the target price of the stock from $10 to $9 per share. Morgan Stanley analysts cite concerns about slowing growth in online traffic and overly optimistic stock estimates as competitors rapidly adopt AI. Yahoo Finance Anchors Julie Hyman and Josh Lipton break down the latest numbers with these companies and their guidance going forward. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to wat...
Shares of online study and academic help platform Chegg (NYSE:CHGG) fell 5.8% in the morning session after Morgan Stanley analyst Josh Baer downgraded the stock's rating from Equal-Weight (Hold) to Underweight (Sell) and lowered the price target from $10 to $9. The downgrade was driven by concerns about slowing year-over-year growth in web traffic. The analyst added that consensus estimates for Chegg are overly optimistic, especially in light of increased competition and the impact of AI.
UserWay (TASE: UWAY), a full-service provider of digital accessibility technologies, announced the appointments of Sophia Tupolev-Luz as Vice President of Communications and Etay Geller as Vice President of Product.
CHGG Price Returns