Chegg, Inc. (CHGG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHGG POWR Grades
- CHGG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.41% of US stocks.
- CHGG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- CHGG ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
CHGG Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Chegg Inc is higher than 91% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 93.34%, Chegg Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 90.72% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that CHGG's revenue has grown 59.77% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 90.65% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHGG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VCRA, FOUR, CYBR, AYX, and BL.
- Visit CHGG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chegg.com.
CHGG Valuation Summary
- CHGG's EV/EBIT ratio is -4225.3; this is 23126.16% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 94 months, CHGG's price/sales ratio has gone up 14.2.
- CHGG's price/sales ratio has moved up 14.2 over the prior 94 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHGG.
CHGG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 752.36%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 82.01%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 236.15%.
The table below shows CHGG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHGG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHGG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$89.90||52-week high||$115.21|
|Prev. close||$87.71||52-week low||$62.84|
|Day high||$90.50||Avg. volume||1,622,734|
|50-day MA||$80.67||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$85.98||Market Cap||12.76B|
Chegg, Inc. (CHGG) Company Bio
Chegg rents and sells print textbooks; and provides e-Textbooks, supplemental materials, Chegg Study service, textbook buyback, courses, internships, and college admissions and scholarship services, as well as offers enrollment marketing and brand advertising services. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Santa Clara, California.
CHGG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CHGG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Chegg Inc ranked in the 37th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Chegg Inc ended up being:
- Chegg Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 173 -- greater than 98.79% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Chegg Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.06. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 22.41% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 11. This value is greater than 86.34% stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CHGG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHGG Latest Social Stream
View Full CHGG Social Stream
Latest CHGG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chegg Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHGG as an investment opportunity.
In order to truly “win” in the stock market and score 10X, 20X, even 30X returns, you need to adopt long-term thinking – you need to adopt the VC mentality.
If you want to score 10x, 20x, even 30x returns in the stock market, you can do it.
These three stocks are all trading below $100 per share but with real potential to trade above that level going forward.
Solskin/DigitalVision via Getty Images Traditional schools are not optimal for the modern student. Younger generations grew up surrounded by technology. Therefore, education providers need to embrace if they are serious about providing a high-quality learning experience. As a result, the edtech industry is expected to continue seeing growth despite the...
These two companies are revolutionizing how their industries operate. That offers strong potential for investors to benefit.
CHGG Price Returns