Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHK POWR Grades
- CHK scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.24% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHK is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 26 weeks.
- CHK's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.15% of US stocks).
CHK Stock Summary
- CHK's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.54 -- higher than merely 5.04% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP's stock had its IPO on February 10, 2021, making it an older stock than merely 7.58% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 2.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP are CRK, DEN, OBE, IBEX, and TDW.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to CHK's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000895126.
CHK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CHK's EV/EBIT ratio is 47.69% lower, now standing at 5.1.
- Over the past 22 months, CHK's price/earnings ratio has gone up 5.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHK.
CHK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$94.11||52-week high||$107.31|
|Prev. close||$95.87||52-week low||$58.83|
|Day high||$98.42||Avg. volume||2,073,353|
|50-day MA||$99.55||Dividend yield||2.29%|
|200-day MA||$92.60||Market Cap||12.61B|
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Energy Corp. engages in the acquisition, exploration and development of properties for the production of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids from underground reservoirs. It focuses its acquisition, exploration, development and production efforts in the following geographic operating areas: Marcellus, Haynesville, Eagle Ford, Brazos Valley, and Powder River Basin. The company was founded by Aubrey K. McClendon and Tom L. Ward on May 18, 1989 and is headquartered in Oklahoma City, OK.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHK Latest Social Stream
View Full CHK Social Stream
Latest CHK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHK as an investment opportunity.
Bullish Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NASDAQ:CHK) insiders filled their treasuries with US$997k worth of stock over last year
When a single insider purchases stock, it is typically not a major deal. However, when multiple insiders purchase...
Reuters/Jay Paul Police have released the so-called manifesto left behind by the Walmart worker who killed six of his colleagues and himself—and it’s by turns self-pitying, paranoid, and apologetic. ‘My God forgive me for what I am going to do,”Andre Bing wrote at the end of his screed, in which he derided his victims as being unintelligent while also bemoaning that he could not find a wife. The note was released as police revealed that Bing purchased the 9mm handgun he used to mow down his co-workers just hours before the Tuesday night massacre in Chesapeake, Virginia. Read more at The Daily Beast.
Walmart CEO says there is no reason to believe there is a continued threat to our Chesapeake store or any other outlet after a mass shooting in Virginia.
Walmart shooting latest news
ABC News published this video item, entitled "Chesapeake officials give update on deadly Walmart shooting" - below is their description.
CHK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|