Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHK POWR Grades
- CHK scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHK is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CHK's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 6.72% of US stocks).
CHK Stock Summary
- CHK's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.72 -- higher than only 5.55% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- CHK's went public 1.65 years ago, making it older than just 5.42% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 2.87% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FPAY, PEB, CRK, ESTE, and AAT.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to CHK's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000895126.
CHK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CHK's price/earnings ratio is 27.72% lower, now standing at 7.3.
- CHK's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 20 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHK.
CHK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.83||52-week high||$105.93|
|Prev. close||$102.24||52-week low||$56.75|
|Day high||$102.99||Avg. volume||2,096,216|
|50-day MA||$97.80||Dividend yield||2.15%|
|200-day MA||$85.21||Market Cap||12.43B|
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Energy Corp. engages in the acquisition, exploration and development of properties for the production of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids from underground reservoirs. It focuses its acquisition, exploration, development and production efforts in the following geographic operating areas: Marcellus, Haynesville, Eagle Ford, Brazos Valley, and Powder River Basin. The company was founded by Aubrey K. McClendon and Tom L. Ward on May 18, 1989 and is headquartered in Oklahoma City, OK.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHK Latest Social Stream
View Full CHK Social Stream
Latest CHK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHK as an investment opportunity.
In this piece, we will take a look at the ten best stocks to buy according to billionaire Howard Marks’ Oaktree Capital. If you want to skip our introduction to the hedge fund and jump ahead to the top five stocks in this list, then head on over to 5 Best Stocks to Buy Now […]
'We can't rule out sabotage': Massive damage to the Nord Stream pipeline system has sparked a surge in natural gas prices — here's why they could keep soaring
Geopolitical risks remain high. Prepare.
Lululemon, Oxford Industries, Albemarle, Livent and Chesapeake Energy are part of Zacks Market Edge blog.
Analysts are raising their earnings projections, share performance has been rock-solid, and Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) has strong growth prospects.
In bear markets, it pays to find the best companies. Here's how you can do it.
CHK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|