Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK): Price and Financial Metrics
CHK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.90||52-week high||$107.31|
|Prev. close||$81.38||52-week low||$69.68|
|Day high||$81.45||Avg. volume||1,521,256|
|50-day MA||$79.17||Dividend yield||2.78%|
|200-day MA||$89.20||Market Cap||10.70B|
CHK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHK POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CHK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHK is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CHK's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 12.2% of US stocks).
CHK Stock Summary
- CHK's current price/earnings ratio is 1.52, which is higher than just 1.87% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 2.86% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, CHK has reported earnings growth of -5,633.62%, putting it ahead of merely 0.41% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EQT, CLVT, IBEX, EBR, and SNCY.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to CHK's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000895126.
CHK Valuation Summary
- CHK's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 42.86% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- CHK's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2 over the prior 27 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHK.
CHK Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CHK, see our CHK price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$74.50||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Energy Corp. engages in the acquisition, exploration and development of properties for the production of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids from underground reservoirs. It focuses its acquisition, exploration, development and production efforts in the following geographic operating areas: Marcellus, Haynesville, Eagle Ford, Brazos Valley, and Powder River Basin. The company was founded by Aubrey K. McClendon and Tom L. Ward on May 18, 1989 and is headquartered in Oklahoma City, OK.
CHK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHK Latest Social Stream
View Full CHK Social Stream
Latest CHK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHK as an investment opportunity.
An Intrinsic Calculation For Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NASDAQ:CHK) Suggests It's 39% Undervalued
Key Insights Using the 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity, Chesapeake Energy fair value estimate is US$134 Current share...
Natural Gas Takes a Weekly Drubbing on EIA Report, Weather
In the absence of a sustained a rally in the natural gas market, we advise focusing on fundamentally sound companies like CHK and LNG.
7 Sorry Energy Stocks to Sell in June Before It’s Too Late
These underperforming energy stocks are likely to erode shareholder value this year, on the back of dwindling energy market this year
Top Stocks for June 2023
Southwestern Energy, Mirati Therapeutics, and First Solar are top US stocks Russell 3000 in June 2023 for value, growth, and momentum, respectively.
Natural Gas Prices Tick Down 16% as Demand Worries Linger
With natural gas prices depreciating significantly in 2023, we advise focusing on fundamentally sound companies like CHK and LNG.
CHK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CHKWant to see what other sources are saying about Chesapeake Energy Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...