Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK): Price and Financial Metrics
CHK Stock Summary
- CHK's current price/earnings ratio is 1.29, which is higher than only 0.8% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.14, Chesapeake Energy Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 4.23% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CHK comes in at 67.68% -- higher than that of 96.59% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Chesapeake Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ARLP, DAC, NE, CPLG, and GPOR.
- CHK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chesapeake Energy Corp's official web site, go to www.chk.com.
CHK Stock Price Chart More Charts
CHK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$0.48||52-week high||$3.57|
|Prev. close||$0.48||52-week low||$0.43|
|Day high||$0.48||Avg. volume||64,808,039|
|50-day MA||$0.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.35||Market Cap||938.00M|
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Energy produces oil and natural gas through acquisition, exploration, and development of from underground reservoirs in the United States. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
CHK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CHK, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Chesapeake Energy Corp ranked in the 89st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 963.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CHK, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.5 years, is -0.09% -- higher than only 17.68% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 7.23% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Chesapeake Energy Corp experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|