Chewy, Inc. (CHWY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHWY POWR Grades
- CHWY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 65.25% of US stocks.
- CHWY's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- CHWY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
CHWY Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CHWY is 108.13 -- better than 99.79% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2,998.31, Chewy Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 99.93% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 85.24 for Chewy Inc; that's greater than it is for 99.6% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Chewy Inc are GBX, FMX, RDY, NUVA, and OPRX.
- CHWY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chewy Inc's official web site, go to www.chewy.com.
CHWY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, CHWY's price/sales ratio is 15.09% lower, now standing at 4.5.
- Over the past 27 months, CHWY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3010.
- CHWY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 3621.1 over the prior 27 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHWY.
CHWY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHWY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.55% of graded US stocks.
- CHWY's asset turnover comes in at 4.446 -- ranking 3rd of 164 Retail stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows CHWY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CHWY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHWY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.50||52-week high||$120.00|
|Prev. close||$69.83||52-week low||$54.55|
|Day high||$69.50||Avg. volume||3,354,394|
|50-day MA||$83.86||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$86.58||Market Cap||29.03B|
Chewy, Inc. (CHWY) Company Bio
Operates online platform to sell pet food and other pet-related products.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHWY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHWY Latest Social Stream
View Full CHWY Social Stream
Latest CHWY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chewy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHWY as an investment opportunity.
September is usually considered a bad month for the stock market. Major indexes such as the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 have historically receded during the month since 1950, though 2021 has turned out to be particularly harsh because of a rise in coronavirus cases and trouble in China, where real estate giant China Evergrande Group is on the brink of default.
Stocks are falling in September after seven straight months of gains. Don't panic. Start shopping.
ADRNY vs. CHWY: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Chewy (NYSE: CHWY) and GoPro (NASDAQ: GPRO) are two stocks that have underperformed the market even though they have been delivering eye-popping growth. Chewy is an online retailer of pet food and supplies that was in fine form on the stock market last year as the novel coronavirus pandemic forced people to stay home. Pet parents started going online to procure food and other supplies, and Chewy benefited from that trend.
Whether you're a seasoned investor or just getting started, it's never fun to see your holdings lose value. With that in mind, here's why three Motley Fool contributors selected Poshmark (NASDAQ: POSH), Lululemon Athletica (NASDAQ: LULU), and Chewy (NYSE: CHWY) as great stocks to buy during the current market sell-off. John Ballard (Poshmark): The secondhand clothing market is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 39% through 2024, outpacing the growth of the broader apparel market and reaching $64 billion in annual spending.
CHWY Price Returns