Chewy, Inc. (CHWY): Price and Financial Metrics
CHWY Stock Summary
- Chewy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 0.3% of US listed stocks.
- Chewy Inc's stock had its IPO on June 14, 2019, making it an older stock than merely 2.59% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Chewy Inc is higher than 98.25% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Chewy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CHH, VVV, MKD, LEE, and FTDR.
- CHWY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chewy Inc's official web site, go to www.chewy.com.
CHWY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHWY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$83.39||52-week high||$120.00|
|Prev. close||$82.87||52-week low||$20.62|
|Day high||$84.71||Avg. volume||2,935,669|
|50-day MA||$102.39||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$69.92||Market Cap||34.41B|
Chewy, Inc. (CHWY) Company Bio
Operates online platform to sell pet food and other pet-related products.
CHWY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CHWY, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Chewy Inc ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Chewy Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is -95.29 -- which is good for besting only 1.62% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Technology sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 1% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 6.84% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CHWY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHWY Latest Social Stream
View Full CHWY Social Stream
Latest CHWY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chewy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHWY as an investment opportunity.
The pet care industry is set for an inflection to high single-digit growth in the coming few years, after a pandemic-fueled spike in pet ownership, Morgan Stanley says. Following a decade of modest top-line compound annual growth rate of about 3%, that's set to bump up to around 8% CAGR,...
DraftKings (NASDAQ: DKNG) and Chewy (NYSE: CHWY) are two incredible growth stocks that are just getting started. DraftKings continues to thrive as more states legalize sports wagering. Meanwhile, Chewy is riding the wave of increased spending as a result from the shift from in-person to online shopping -- a trend that was accelerated during the pandemic.
The global COVID-19 crisis has forced millions of people to stay at home, leading to a boom in online orders for e-commerce companies, including Chewy (CHWY), which has seen its stock soaring more than three-fold over the past year. However, 2020 stock market winners are starting to pull back. It’s hard to see the current downward trend reversing in the near-term, whether rising interest rates are to blame, or sector rotation out of pandemic plays and into recovery stocks. With so much of its potential already priced into CHWY stock, even if the company reports better-than-expected growth, investors may be unwilling to stretch its current valuation further.
A huge end-market opportunity awaits a retail stock that has dipped substantially in the past few days.
A Wells Fargo banker who has backed Chewy, Casper, and Harry's lays out what she looks for in DTC companies before giving them a loan
Summary List Placement The last year has upended direct-to-consumer brands' plans, and Lynn Whitmore has had a front-seat view of it all. A managing director at Wells Fargo, Whitmore banks retail clients from large chains to small startups. Over the years, her clients in the e-commerce world have included Overstock.com and designer apparel retailer Bluefly. More recently, she's worked with mattress startup Casper and online pet retailer Chewy — both companies that have gotten boosts from consumers' altered habits during the pandemic. She's also worked with upstart razor brand Harry's . Evaluating DTCs posed a unique puzzle before the pandemic: While traditional retailers tend to have lots of inventory and other assets that can be liquidated if the business goes South, DTCs tend to be as...
CHWY Price Returns
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!