Cigna Corp. (CI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.54% of US stocks.
- CI's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CI ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 50th percentile.
CI Stock Summary
- CI has a higher market value than 96.77% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $77,979,826,010.
- CI's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- CI's price/sales ratio is 0.48; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 8.9% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cigna Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CB, ABB, PTR, FDX, and MMC.
- CI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cigna Corp's official web site, go to www.cigna.com.
CI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, CI's price/sales ratio is 86.11% lower, now standing at 0.5.
- Over the past 243 months, CI's price/earnings ratio has gone down 5.8.
- CI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CI.
CI Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 5.72%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 41.81%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 177.57%.
The table below shows CI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$233.96||52-week high||$272.81|
|Prev. close||$229.35||52-week low||$158.84|
|Day high||$234.38||Avg. volume||1,783,578|
|50-day MA||$239.37||Dividend yield||1.74%|
|200-day MA||$226.63||Market Cap||80.28B|
Cigna Corp. (CI) Company Bio
Cigna is an American multinational managed healthcare and insurance company based in Bloomfield, Connecticut. Its insurance subsidiaries are major providers of medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance and related products and services, the majority of which are offered through employers and other groups (e.g. governmental and non-governmental organizations, unions and associations). Cigna is incorporated in Connecticut. (Source:Wikipedia)
CI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Cigna Corp. To summarize, we found that Cigna Corp ranked in the 76th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 202.17% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Cigna Corp ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 74. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 21.12% of US equities in the Healthcare sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Cigna Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 10.01% of tickers in our DCF set.
- CI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 10.01% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CI Latest Social Stream
View Full CI Social Stream
Latest CI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cigna Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CI as an investment opportunity.
Cigna's (CI) Q2 results are likely to reflect an increase in revenues but a decline in its bottom line.
Global health service company Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) today announced several updates to its Board of Directors.
Cigna (CI) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
MOH earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2021.
UNH stock has crafted a shapely cup-with-handle base pattern, even as it's outrun the market so far this year. Here is what analysis says about buying UNH stock.
CI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|