Ciena Corporation (CIEN): Price and Financial Metrics
CIEN Stock Summary
- CIEN has a higher market value than 79.19% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $6,525,730,490.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -19.85%, Ciena Corp's debt growth rate surpasses only 13.65% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CIEN has reported earnings growth of 71.86%, putting it ahead of 85.89% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ciena Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be JNPR, POWI, ASX, MNTA, and ICPT.
- CIEN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ciena Corp's official web site, go to www.ciena.com.
CIEN Stock Price Chart More Charts
CIEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.97||52-week high||$46.78|
|Prev. close||$43.27||52-week low||$32.76|
|Day high||$42.66||Avg. volume||1,603,605|
|50-day MA||$40.03||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$39.82||Market Cap||6.47B|
Ciena Corporation (CIEN) Company Bio
Ciena Corporation provides equipment, software, and services that support the transport, switching, aggregation, service delivery, and management of voice, video, and data traffic on communications networks worldwide. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Hanover, Maryland.
CIEN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CIEN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Ciena Corp ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Ciena Corp ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Ciena Corp over the past 5.01 years is 0.53%; that's better than 77.16% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 9% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 24.92% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- CIEN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 44.48% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|