Ciena Corporation (CIEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIEN POWR Grades
- CIEN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 71.12% of US stocks.
- CIEN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CIEN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 31.3% of US stocks).
CIEN Stock Summary
- Ciena Corp's market capitalization of $9,416,626,698 is ahead of 80.6% of US-listed equities.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 5,751.41, Ciena Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 99.36% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 48.99%, Ciena Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 83.27% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ciena Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ALTR, LI, GRMN, BHVN, and VIAV.
- Visit CIEN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ciena.com.
CIEN Valuation Summary
- CIEN's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.1; this is 46.98% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- CIEN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CIEN's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIEN.
CIEN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 63.42%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 28.3%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 35.51%.
The table below shows CIEN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIEN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIEN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.57% of graded US stocks.
- CIEN's asset turnover comes in at 0.783 -- ranking 83rd of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- CLRO, KLIC, and MPWR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIEN.
The table below shows CIEN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.76||52-week high||$78.28|
|Prev. close||$55.63||52-week low||$41.63|
|Day high||$55.20||Avg. volume||1,523,274|
|50-day MA||$48.45||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$58.83||Market Cap||8.20B|
Ciena Corporation (CIEN) Company Bio
Ciena Corporation provides equipment, software, and services that support the transport, switching, aggregation, service delivery, and management of voice, video, and data traffic on communications networks worldwide. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Hanover, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIEN Latest Social Stream
View Full CIEN Social Stream
Latest CIEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ciena Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIEN as an investment opportunity.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...
This is a Dickensian period for Lumentum (LITE), as strong demand for optical equipment from service providers and data center customers (“the best of times”) is offset by significant supply issues (“the worst of times”) that are having a definite negative impact on the company’s ability to ship to demand....
If you're looking for stocks that are setting up in a base ahead of earnings, here's one that fits the bill: Ciena. The chart pattern is a second-stage consolidation. Be aware that buying just before a stock reports can be risky, since disappointing numbers could send it sharply lower.
In this article, we discuss top 10 stock picks of Anand Parekh’s Alyeska Investment Group. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Parekh’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to the Top 5 Stock Picks of Anand Parekh’s Alyeska Investment Group. Anand Parekh is a Chicago-based hedge fund manager. In 2008, […]
CIEN Price Returns