Ciena Corporation (CIEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIEN POWR Grades
- CIEN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 83.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CIEN is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- CIEN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 45.01% of US stocks).
CIEN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $8,415,754,470, Ciena Corp has a greater market value than 78.59% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Ciena Corp comes in at -7.19%, a number that bests merely 20.23% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Ciena Corp's share price is greater than that of only 3.81% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ciena Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CYRN, JG, SMSI, ALLT, and ACLS.
- CIEN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ciena Corp's official web site, go to www.ciena.com.
CIEN Valuation Summary
- CIEN's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.1; this is 46.98% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- CIEN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CIEN's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIEN.
CIEN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -11.41%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 63.42%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 28.3%.
The table below shows CIEN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIEN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIEN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.2% of graded US stocks.
- CIEN's asset turnover comes in at 0.808 -- ranking 76th of 207 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- AMAT, MPWR, and KLIC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIEN.
The table below shows CIEN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.80||52-week high||$61.09|
|Prev. close||$53.38||52-week low||$38.03|
|Day high||$53.82||Avg. volume||1,320,023|
|50-day MA||$56.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$54.41||Market Cap||8.34B|
Ciena Corporation (CIEN) Company Bio
Ciena Corporation provides equipment, software, and services that support the transport, switching, aggregation, service delivery, and management of voice, video, and data traffic on communications networks worldwide. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Hanover, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIEN Latest Social Stream
View Full CIEN Social Stream
Latest CIEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ciena Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIEN as an investment opportunity.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) was down in the dumps late last year as a meaningful slowdown in orders amid the novel coronavirus pandemic had derailed the company's sales and earnings growth. The stock struggled as management pointed to uncertainty in the business environment due to a cautious spending approach adopted by service providers that negatively impacted the rollout of new networking infrastructure. The company's latest quarterly results (released on Sept. 2) and guidance indicate that the business environment has improved, and it may not be long before the stock regains its former glory.
Digital Promise and Ciena (NYSE:CIEN) are excited to announce the launch of the Ciena Solutions Challenge, a new global design challenge where educators around the world can submit student-led projects for funding and exhibition.
HANOVER, Md., September 08, 2021--Crosslake Fibre is leveraging Ciena’s coherent optical technology and analytics apps to build a new submarine cable network.
Global SDN Orchestration Market (2021 to 2029) - Featuring Cisco Systems, Nokia and Ciena Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "SDN Orchestration Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2021 To 2029" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com''s offering. The global SDN Orchestration market is estimated to grow at a exponential CAGR of 82.6% during forecast period (2021-2029). Software Defined Networking (SDN) orchestration is defined as a controller within an SDN that manages the activities of
CIEN Price Returns