Ciena Corporation (CIEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIEN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CIEN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.34% of US stocks.
- CIEN's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 178 days.
- CIEN ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
CIEN Stock Summary
- CIEN has a market capitalization of $7,374,458,930 -- more than approximately 81.75% of US stocks.
- CIEN's current price/earnings ratio is 40.23, which is higher than 84.79% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 43.64%, CIENA CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 80.25% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CIENA CORP are KLIC, SPRO, ACAD, SRDX, and MX.
- CIEN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CIENA CORP's official web site, go to www.ciena.com.
CIEN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, CIEN's price/earnings ratio is 78.02% higher, now standing at 41.3.
- Over the past 243 months, CIEN's price/sales ratio has gone down 6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIEN.
CIEN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 14.88%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 74.92%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 13.73%.
The table below shows CIEN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIEN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIEN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.57% of graded US stocks.
- CIEN's asset turnover comes in at 0.783 -- ranking 83rd of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- CLRO, KLIC, and MPWR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIEN.
The table below shows CIEN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.20||52-week high||$61.97|
|Prev. close||$49.44||52-week low||$38.33|
|Day high||$50.46||Avg. volume||1,644,421|
|50-day MA||$49.85||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$47.43||Market Cap||7.49B|
Ciena Corporation (CIEN) Company Bio
Ciena Corporation provides equipment, software, and services that support the transport, switching, aggregation, service delivery, and management of voice, video, and data traffic on communications networks worldwide. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Hanover, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIEN Latest Social Stream
View Full CIEN Social Stream
Latest CIEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CIENA CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIEN as an investment opportunity.
1 Exceptional Growth Stock That's Set to Shoot Higher
Optical networking equipment company Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) has turned out to be a solid investment over the past six months as its shares gained 16% amid improving business conditions. Let's take a closer look at Ciena's latest quarterly report and check why shares of this networking company could head higher. Ciena's fiscal 2023 first-quarter revenue increased 25% year over year to $1.06 billion thanks to robust demand for the company's optical, routing, and switching equipment.
Ciena (CIEN) Solutions Being Leveraged by Colt Technology
Ciena's (CIEN) Waveserver 5 and MCP domain controller used by Colt Technology to upgrade its network capacity.
Ciena Supports Colt’s Launch of Long-Haul Networking Services in Japan
TOKYO, March 14, 2023--With the latest in coherent technology from Ciena, Colt IQ Network boasts improved scalability, flexibility, and programmability.
Ciena (CIEN) Q1 Earnings & Revenues Top Estimates, Up Y/Y
Ciena's (CIEN) Q1 revenues benefit from robust customer demand amid easing supply-chain troubles.
Ciena Corporation (NYSE:CIEN) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript
Ciena Corporation (NYSE:CIEN) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript March 6, 2023 Operator: Good day, and welcome to the Ciena’s Fiscal First Quarter 2023 Financial Results Conference Call. Please note this event is being recorded. I would now like to turn the conference over to Greg Lampf, Vice President of Investor Relations. Please go ahead. Gregg […]
CIEN Price Returns
Continue Researching CIENWant to do more research on Ciena Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Ciena Corp (CIEN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ciena Corp (CIEN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ciena Corp (CIEN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...