Ciena Corporation (CIEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIEN POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CIEN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.09% of US stocks.
- CIEN's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- CIEN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 11.07% of US stocks).
CIEN Stock Summary
- Ciena Corp's market capitalization of $8,838,752,051 is ahead of 79.76% of US-listed equities.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 159.2, Ciena Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 82% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Ciena Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 28.13% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CIEN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ICLR, MORN, ATHM, LFUS, and AMED.
- Visit CIEN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ciena.com.
CIEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.71||52-week high||$61.51|
|Prev. close||$57.11||52-week low||$38.03|
|Day high||$57.97||Avg. volume||1,427,644|
|50-day MA||$54.67||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$49.96||Market Cap||8.93B|
Ciena Corporation (CIEN) Company Bio
Ciena Corporation provides equipment, software, and services that support the transport, switching, aggregation, service delivery, and management of voice, video, and data traffic on communications networks worldwide. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Hanover, Maryland.
CIEN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Ciena Corp. To summarize, we found that Ciena Corp ranked in the 37th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Ciena Corp ended up being:
- As a business, CIEN is generating more cash flow than 70.57% of positive cash flow stocks in the Technology.
- CIEN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 40.26% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Ciena Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 16.11. This coverage rate is greater than that of 79% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CIEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIEN Latest Social Stream
View Full CIEN Social Stream
Latest CIEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ciena Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIEN as an investment opportunity.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
While Verizon Communications (VZ) has launched On Site 5G for business enterprises, Ciena Corporation (CIEN) will deploy its networking solutions to enhance rural broadband connectivity of AccessOn.
Investing in certain stocks can pay off in the long run, especially if you hold on for a decade or more.
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? Amongst other things...
Ciena's (CIEN) networking solutions will enable AccessOn to better manage bandwidth-intensive applications, drive innovation and expand services in remote areas.
CIEN Price Returns