Ciena Corporation (CIEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIEN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CIEN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.16% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CIEN is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 169 days.
- CIEN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
CIEN Stock Summary
- CIEN has a higher market value than 81.49% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $9,847,438,887.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1,521.28, Ciena Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 97.76% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Ciena Corp comes in at 2.51%, a number that bests 26.14% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ciena Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ACLS, EBS, CSGS, THRM, and DOX.
- Visit CIEN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ciena.com.
CIEN Valuation Summary
- CIEN's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.1; this is 46.98% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- CIEN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CIEN's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIEN.
CIEN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 34%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 2522.21%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 63.42%.
The table below shows CIEN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIEN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIEN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.57% of graded US stocks.
- CIEN's asset turnover comes in at 0.783 -- ranking 83rd of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- CLRO, KLIC, and MPWR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIEN.
The table below shows CIEN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.75||52-week high||$78.28|
|Prev. close||$63.58||52-week low||$47.52|
|Day high||$64.77||Avg. volume||1,835,817|
|50-day MA||$69.07||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$58.73||Market Cap||10.03B|
Ciena Corporation (CIEN) Company Bio
Ciena Corporation provides equipment, software, and services that support the transport, switching, aggregation, service delivery, and management of voice, video, and data traffic on communications networks worldwide. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Hanover, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIEN Latest Social Stream
View Full CIEN Social Stream
Latest CIEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ciena Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIEN as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
Denver, CO, based Investment company Institute for Wealth Management, LLC. (Current Portfolio) buys Canadian Pacific Railway, iShares Russell 2000 ETF, KLA Corp, iShares ESG Aware U.S.
Analysts Offer Insights on Technology Companies: Adyen (OtherADYYF), Infineon Technologies AG (OtherIFNNF) and Ciena (CIEN)
Analysts have been eager to weigh in on the Technology sector with new ratings on Adyen (ADYYF – Research Report), Infineon Technologies AG (IFNNF – Research Report) and Ciena (CIEN – Research Report). Adyen (ADYYF) In a report released today, Timothy Chiodo from Credit Suisse maintained a Buy rating on Adyen, with a price target of EUR2800.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $2026.01. According to TipRanks.com, Chiodo is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 2.3% and a 42.7% success rate. Trebnick covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Tufin Software Technologies, Ping Identity Holding, and Palo Alto Networks.
Internet2 Next Generation Infrastructure Operational, Transition to Fully-Automated, 400G National Infrastructure Complete
Internet2 today announced the completed transition of its research and education (R&E) network traffic to the fifth-generation backbone that interconnects with 37 state and regional networks and serves every state in the U.S. The network serves a critical niche in the national broadband infrastructure, underpinning high-capacity and advanced services for the demanding needs of research, education, and global collaboration.
CIEN Price Returns