Clearfield, Inc. (CLFD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLFD POWR Grades
- CLFD scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 88.63% of US stocks.
- CLFD's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 169 days.
- CLFD ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
CLFD Stock Summary
- CLFD's went public 35.5 years ago, making it older than 92.13% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Clearfield Inc is higher than 93.92% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of Clearfield Inc's share price is greater than that of 88.82% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CLFD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MMI, BKE, DORM, GRC, and HBCP.
- Visit CLFD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.seeclearfield.com.
CLFD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, CLFD's price/sales ratio is 3.77% lower, now standing at 5.1.
- Over the past 243 months, CLFD's price/sales ratio has gone down 32.5.
- CLFD's price/sales ratio has moved down 32.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLFD.
CLFD Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -21.04%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -27.8%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -58.27%.
The table below shows CLFD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLFD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CLFD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.89% of graded US stocks.
- CLFD's asset turnover comes in at 1.2 -- ranking 31st of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- SMTC, KVHI, and NXPI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CLFD.
The table below shows CLFD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CLFD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLFD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.28||52-week high||$86.71|
|Prev. close||$48.65||52-week low||$27.67|
|Day high||$58.33||Avg. volume||319,105|
|50-day MA||$67.53||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$49.23||Market Cap||801.64M|
Clearfield, Inc. (CLFD) Company Bio
Clearfield Inc. designs, manufactures and distributes fiber optic management products for the communications networks of leading ILECS, CLECs, MSO/cable TV companies and mobile broadband providers. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
CLFD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLFD Latest Social Stream
View Full CLFD Social Stream
Latest CLFD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Clearfield Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLFD as an investment opportunity.
Needham analyst Ryan Koontz reiterated a Buy rating on Clearfield (CLFD – Research Report) today and set a price target of $92.00. The company's shares closed last Thursday at $48.65. According to TipRanks.com, Koontz is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 9.0% and a 47.3% success rate. Koontz covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Zoom Video Communications, Vonage Holdings, and KVH Industries. Currently, the analyst consensus on Clearfield is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $82.50.
Clearfield (CLFD) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 53.06% and 21.69%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Revenue For First Fiscal Quarter Grew 89% to Record $51 Million, Driven by 81% Growth in Community Broadband Revenue Compared to the Same Year-Ago QuarterQuarter-End Backlog Increased 53% Sequentially to Record $101 Million at End of First Fiscal Quarter 2022 Compared to $66 Million at End of Fiscal 202144.9% Gross Profit Margin and Record Gross Profit Dollars Driven by Continued Execution on Operational Effectiveness Initiatives and Favorable Product MixNet Income For First Fiscal Quarter 2022
Clearfield (CLFD) is likely to have recorded year-over-year higher revenues due to strong broadband demand in the rural markets.
In this article, we discuss the 10 low profile stocks that surprised in 2021. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Low Profile Stocks that Surprised in 2021. The beginning of 2021 was marked by the economic recovery but inflation fears gradually dampened the initial momentum […]
CLFD Price Returns