Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNI POWR Grades
- CNI scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 94.15% of US stocks.
- CNI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CNI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
CNI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Canadian National Railway Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Canadian National Railway Co is higher than it is for about 98.03% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CNI is more volatile than merely 0.9% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WY, MAA, LXP, PTMN, and SUZ.
- Visit CNI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cn.ca.
CNI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$108.63||52-week high||$119.61|
|Prev. close||$107.48||52-week low||$96.00|
|Day high||$108.66||Avg. volume||1,503,626|
|50-day MA||$106.98||Dividend yield||0.83%|
|200-day MA||$109.37||Market Cap||77.01B|
Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) Company Bio
Canadian National Railway engages in rail and related transportation business in North America. The company offers transportation services that include rail, intermodal container, and trucking services, supply chain solutions, freight forwarding, customs brokerage service, industrial development, and marine services. The company was founded in 1922 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
CNI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Canadian National Railway Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Canadian National Railway Co ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Canadian National Railway Co, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 9.57; that's higher than 68.1% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- CNI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 30.98% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CNI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNI Latest Social Stream
View Full CNI Social Stream
Latest CNI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Canadian National Railway Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNI as an investment opportunity.
MONTREAL, July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CN (TSX: CNR) (NYSE: CNI) announced today that it is seeking comments regarding its Interim Extreme Weather Fire Plan. The Plan presents measures to increase prevention, monitoring and response to wildfire risks when the fire danger level for a given area is “extreme”. These measures will supplement existing practices and allow CN to serve our customers while protecting neighbouring communities. Safety is a core value at CN. It is also a shared respons
The chair of the U.S. House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure has come out against a proposed voting trust that Canadian railway CN (NYSE: CNI) would use to acquire Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU). The objection comes as other House members have expressed support for merger proceedings between the Class I railroads to continue. The Monday letter from Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Ore., calls for the Surface Transportation Board (STB) to reject CN's proposed voting trust, arguing it is not
shaunl/iStock Unreleased via Getty Images Introduction The Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) is one of the Class I railroad companies on my radar. In my previous article, I discussed the company's ability to generate value and why a merger with Kansas City Southern (KSU) would benefit investors from a supply...
Source: ClearBridge Investments Editor's Note: The summary bullets for this article were chosen by Seeking Alpha editors...
[caption caption="CN is offering to waive $150 in daily demurrage for up to seven days on containers in Chicago and Memphis if the unit is picked up during one of three off-peak windows. Photo credit: Eric Buermeyer / Shutterstock.com."][/caption]Canadian National Railway (CN) is offering to waive up to $1,050 per
CNI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CNIWant to see what other sources are saying about Canadian National Railway Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Canadian National Railway Co (CNI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Canadian National Railway Co (CNI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Canadian National Railway Co (CNI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch