Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): Price and Financial Metrics
CNI Stock Summary
- CNI has a higher market value than 96.97% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $78,385,382,388.
- Of note is the ratio of Canadian National Railway Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.3% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Canadian National Railway Co's share price is greater than that of just 3.24% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BTI, D, PTR, DUK, and VALE.
- Visit CNI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cn.ca.
CNI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$110.97||52-week high||$119.61|
|Prev. close||$110.15||52-week low||$75.92|
|Day high||$112.64||Avg. volume||990,549|
|50-day MA||$113.71||Dividend yield||1.63%|
|200-day MA||$107.39||Market Cap||78.78B|
Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) Company Bio
Canadian National Railway engages in rail and related transportation business in North America. The company offers transportation services that include rail, intermodal container, and trucking services, supply chain solutions, freight forwarding, customs brokerage service, industrial development, and marine services. The company was founded in 1922 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
CNI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Canadian National Railway Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Canadian National Railway Co ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CNI, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 9.2 -- which is good for besting 71.68% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- CNI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 30.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CNI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNI Latest Social Stream
View Full CNI Social Stream
Latest CNI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Canadian National Railway Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNI as an investment opportunity.
A merger with either suitor would create a railroad line that stretches from Canada to Mexico.
Canadian National Railway (NYSE: CNI ) is seeking … Full story available on Benzinga.com
(Bloomberg) -- Canadian National Railway Co. offered $30 billion to snatch Kansas City Southern from a rival, spurring a possible bidding war in one of the industry’s biggest potential deals in decades.The bid of $325 a share consists of $200 in cash and 1.059 Canadian National shares for each share of Kansas City Southern, Montreal-based CN said in a statement. Canadian National gave its offer an enterprise value of $33.7 billion.Tuesday’s offer tops a $25 billion deal Kansas City Southern reached with Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. last month.Canada’s two biggest railroads are vying for a rail network that links their country with the U.S. and Mexico as a reworked trade alliance gets underway and the economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic gathers steam. Kansas City Southern’s spr...
Tuesday was not a good day for stock market investors, as major market benchmarks were broadly lower on the day. Just when investors had thought that the railroad company's merger with Canadian Pacific (NYSE: CP) might go through as planned, another rival north of the U.S. border stepped in to shake things up.
Kansas City Southern is the object of a bidding war between Canadian National Railway and Canadian Pacific Railway.
CNI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CNIWant to see what other sources are saying about Canadian National Railway Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Canadian National Railway Co (CNI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Canadian National Railway Co (CNI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Canadian National Railway Co (CNI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!