Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- If price volatilty is something you're paying attention to when building your dividend portfolio, know that CNI has less fluctuation in its price than 97.96% of stocks we're observing.
- To help you reduce price risk in your dividend portfolio, here are the dividend stocks that are least correlated with CNI's price: EYE, CRI, EXR, GOL and MSCI.
CNI Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. As for CNI, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 15.41% relative to its current price. Digging deeper, the aspects of Canadian National Railway Co's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Industrials sector, the expected return of -15.41%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 80.87% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, CNI has a discount rate lower than 80.87% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- Beta, which compares volatilty of an individual stock to that of the S&P 500, is lower for CNI than it is for 84.35% of other equities in the Industrials sector that also issue dividends.
CNI Dividend Chart
CNI Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
CNI Dividends vs. Peers
|1||TRN||Trinity Industries, Inc.||3.05%|
|2||GBX||Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The)||2.50%|
|3||ARII||American Railcar Industries, Inc.||2.28%|
|5||UNP||Union Pacific Corp.||2.12%|
|6||NSC||Norfolk Southern Corporation||1.80%|
|7||CNI||Canadian National Railway Company||1.67%|
|8||WJRYY||West Japan Railway Company||1.39%|
|10||CP||Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||0.96%|
|11||KSU||Kansas City Southern||0.80%|
|12||WAB||Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation||0.54%|
|13||CJPRY||Central Japan Railway Company||0.54%|
|14||GWR||Genesee & Wyoming Inc.||0.00%|
|15||KIQ||Kelso Technologies Inc Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|16||RAIL||Freightcar America, Inc.||0.00%|
|17||GSHHY||Guangshen Railway Company Limited||0.00%|
|18||EJPRY||East Japan Railway Company||0.00%|
|19||CDGLY||ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited||0.00%|
|20||MTCPY||MTR Corporation Limited||0.00%|
Most Popular Stories View All
Looking for More Information on CNI dividends?Want to do more research on Canadian National Railway Co's dividends? Try the links below:
Canadian National Railway Co Common Stock (CNI) Dividend History | Nasdaq
Dividend History for Canadian National Railway Co (CNI) - Dividend Investor
Canadian National Railway Co (CNI) Dividend History - Seeking Alpha