Cinemark Holdings Inc. (CNK): Price and Financial Metrics
CNK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.20||52-week high||$19.85|
|Prev. close||$14.79||52-week low||$8.28|
|Day high||$14.40||Avg. volume||2,843,780|
|50-day MA||$16.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$16.01||Market Cap||1.73B|
CNK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNK POWR Grades
- CNK scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 93.27% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNK is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CNK ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
CNK Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CNK is 9.31 -- better than 95.95% of US stocks.
- CNK's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 98.27% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CINEMARK HOLDINGS INC is reporting a growth rate of 1,956.34%; that's higher than 99.46% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CINEMARK HOLDINGS INC are TAST, BLMN, DVA, SIEB, and CARV.
- CNK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CINEMARK HOLDINGS INC's official web site, go to www.cinemark.com.
CNK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Communication Services stock, CNK's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.07% lower, now standing at 14.8.
- Over the past 202 months, CNK's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 17.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNK.
CNK Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -29.62%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -64.14%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -17.96%.
The table below shows CNK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNK has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 18.04% of graded US stocks.
- CNK's asset turnover comes in at 0.099 -- ranking 38th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- AMC, MCS, and LYV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNK.
The table below shows CNK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Cinemark Holdings Inc. (CNK) Company Bio
Cinemark Holdings operates theatres in the United States, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala, and Bolivia. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Plano, Texas.
CNK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNK Latest Social Stream
View Full CNK Social Stream
Latest CNK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CINEMARK HOLDINGS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNK as an investment opportunity.
2023 has marked a trailblazing year for movie attendance, from the summer "Barbenheimer" hype and Taylor Swift's Eras Tour and Beyoncé's Renaissance concert films. Macquarie Group Senior Analyst Chad Beynon explains that while box office profits are on course for notable year-over-year gains, expected to reach $2 billion in the fourth-quarter, returns are not yet back to pre-pandemic levels. Beynon joins Yahoo Finance Live to share his outlook on movie theater operators AMC Entertainment (AMC) and Cinemark (CNK), and theater experience and projection company IMAX (IMAX), while commenting on the impact of the Hollywood strikes. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to watch this full episode of Yahoo Finance Live.
AMC stock is trading lower after Macquarie lowered its price target to $8 from $9 and issued a box office warning for 2024.
Statistically speaking, long term investing is a profitable endeavour. But that doesn't mean long term investors can...
Investors need to pay close attention to Cinemark (CNK) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
With 'meme mania' now over, cast AMC stock aside, and take a look at these seven entertainment stocks instead.
CNK Price Returns