Mr. Cooper Group Inc. (COOP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COOP POWR Grades
- COOP scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 74.55% of US stocks.
- COOP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 178 days.
- COOP's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.32% of US stocks).
COOP Stock Summary
- COOP's current price/earnings ratio is 2.92, which is higher than just 4.1% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for MR COOPER GROUP INC is higher than just 2.65% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- MR COOPER GROUP INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 165.15%, greater than the shareholder yield of 98.69% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to COOP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CPAC, MHLD, ESGR, BRFS, and WILC.
- Visit COOP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to mrcoopergroup.com.
COOP Valuation Summary
- COOP's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 63.33% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- COOP's price/sales ratio has moved down 80.7 over the prior 87 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COOP.
COOP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COOP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 29.9% of graded US stocks.
- COOP's asset turnover comes in at 0.156 -- ranking 38th of 428 Banking stocks.
- BHLB, CIZN, and WRLD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COOP.
The table below shows COOP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.52||52-week high||$52.34|
|Prev. close||$44.58||52-week low||$35.81|
|Day high||$44.19||Avg. volume||769,771|
|50-day MA||$42.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$43.27||Market Cap||3.00B|
Mr. Cooper Group Inc. (COOP) Company Bio
Mr. Cooper Group (formerly WMIH Corp) consists primarily of Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc., which provides quality servicing, origination and transaction-based services related principally to single-family residences throughout the United States. WMIH Corp. was founded in 1889 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
COOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COOP Latest Social Stream
View Full COOP Social Stream
Latest COOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MR COOPER GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COOP as an investment opportunity.
Diamond Hill Capital, an investment management company, released its “All Cap Select Strategy” third-quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, the strategy returned -3.52% net of fees compared to a -4.46% return for the Russell 3000 Index. The strategy’s outperformance in the quarter was attributed to […]
In this article, we discuss the top 10 small-cap stocks from Ray Dalio’s Q3 2022 portfolio. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out Ray Dalio Stock Portfolio Q3 2022: Top 5 Small-Cap Stocks. According to Royce Investment Partners, although equity prices declined in the volatile market environment through the first […]
My name is Ken Posner and I'm SVP of strategic planning and investor relations. With me today are Jay Bray, chairman and CEO; Chris Marshall, vice chairman and president; and Jaime Gow, executive vice president and CFO.
DALLAS, October 26, 2022--Mr. Cooper Group Inc. (NASDAQ: COOP) (the "Company"), which principally operates under the Mr. Cooper® and Xome® brands, reported a third quarter net income of $113 million or $1.55 per diluted share. Net income included other mark-to-market of $122 million, which excludes fair value of excess spread accretion of $2 million. Excluding other mark-to-market and other items, the Company reported pretax operating income of $56 million. Other items included $18 million loss
Consider this the latest sign that the housing market is slowing. Mortgage lender Mr. Cooper Group [said](https://s1.q4cdn.com/275823140/files/doc_financials/2022/q3/3Q'22-Earnings-Presentation_FINAL.pdf) Wednesday that it funded 21,487 loans in the third quarter worth $5.7 billion. A year ago, it funded 74,753 loans worth nearly $20 billion. Shares were down nearly 9% in midday trading.
COOP Price Returns