Mr. Cooper Group Inc. (COOP): Price and Financial Metrics
COOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.10||52-week high||$49.39|
|Prev. close||$48.86||52-week low||$35.81|
|Day high||$49.39||Avg. volume||609,049|
|50-day MA||$44.45||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$43.36||Market Cap||3.34B|
COOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COOP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where COOP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 61.87% of US stocks.
- COOP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- COOP's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.84% of US stocks).
COOP Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for MR COOPER GROUP INC is higher than just 4.7% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, COOP is more volatile than merely 4.59% of stocks we're observing.
- MR COOPER GROUP INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 82.53%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.47% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to COOP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MHLD, BRFS, SIRE, REYN, and JBI.
- COOP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MR COOPER GROUP INC's official web site, go to mrcoopergroup.com.
COOP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, COOP's price/earnings ratio is 21.18% higher, now standing at 10.3.
- Over the past 93 months, COOP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 9.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COOP.
COOP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COOP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 29.9% of graded US stocks.
- COOP's asset turnover comes in at 0.156 -- ranking 38th of 428 Banking stocks.
- BHLB, CIZN, and WRLD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COOP.
The table below shows COOP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COOP Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of COOP, see our COOP price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$44.29||Average Broker Recommendation||1.57 (Moderate Buy)|
Mr. Cooper Group Inc. (COOP) Company Bio
Mr. Cooper Group (formerly WMIH Corp) consists primarily of Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc., which provides quality servicing, origination and transaction-based services related principally to single-family residences throughout the United States. WMIH Corp. was founded in 1889 and is based in Seattle, Washington.
COOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COOP Latest Social Stream
View Full COOP Social Stream
Latest COOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MR COOPER GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COOP as an investment opportunity.
Why Shares of Home Point Capital Are Surging Today
Shares of the mortgage servicing company Home Point Capital (NASDAQ: HMPT) traded roughly 18.3% higher as of 12:24 p.m. ET today after the company announced that it will be acquired by Mr. Cooper Group (NASDAQ: COOP), which itself traded close to 5% higher today. Home Point and Mr. Cooper Group announced in a joint statement that Mr. Cooper Group will acquire Home Point for $324 million in cash and also assume $500 million in senior notes due February 2026. Mr. Cooper Group plans to shut down Home Point's operations after adding the company's customers, and the deal is expected to close in the third quarter of this year.
How Will Home Point Acquisition Benefit Mr. Cooper (COOP)?
Mr. Cooper's (COOP) Home Point acquisition deal is likely to close in the third quarter of 2023.
Mr. Cooper Group to Acquire Home Point Capital for $324 Million in Cash
DALLAS, May 10, 2023--Mr. Cooper Group Inc. ("Mr. Cooper") and Home Point Capital Inc. ("Home Point"), announced today the signing of a definitive agreement for Mr. Cooper to acquire all outstanding shares of Home Point for approximately $324 million in cash. As part of the transaction, Mr. Cooper will assume $500 million in outstanding Home Point 5% senior notes which are due in February 2026. The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2023, subject to customary closing condit
Mr. Cooper Group Inc. (NASDAQ:COOP) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript
Mr. Cooper Group Inc. (NASDAQ:COOP) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript April 26, 2023 Mr. Cooper Group Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $1.18, expectations were $1.06. Operator: Good day, and thank you for standing by, and welcome to Mr. Cooper Group Q1 2023 Earnings Conference Call. At this time, all participants are in a […]
What’s Going On With First Republic Bank?
Federal regulators seized the San Francisco lender and sold the bulk of its operations to JPMorgan Chase.
COOP Price Returns
Loading social stream, please wait...