ConocoPhillips (COP): Price and Financial Metrics
COP Stock Summary
- COP has a market capitalization of $70,581,679,277 -- more than approximately 96.68% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Conocophillips's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.52% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that COP's revenue has grown -47.49% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 6.26% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Conocophillips, a group of peers worth examining would be CEO, EQNR, NEM, PTR, and DD.
- COP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Conocophillips's official web site, go to www.conocophillips.com.
COP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.67||52-week high||$56.69|
|Prev. close||$52.10||52-week low||$20.84|
|Day high||$54.89||Avg. volume||11,482,311|
|50-day MA||$44.03||Dividend yield||3.3%|
|200-day MA||$39.90||Market Cap||58.65B|
ConocoPhillips (COP) Company Bio
ConocoPhillips explores, produces, transports and markets crude oil, bitumen, natural gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and natural gas liquids. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Houston, Texas.
COP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Conocophillips with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Conocophillips ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 100%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Conocophillips, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 3.79 years, is -0.55% -- higher than just 2.17% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Conocophillips's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.95. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 15.59% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Conocophillips has a reliance on debt greater than just 24.88% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
COP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COP Latest Social Stream
View Full COP Social Stream
Latest COP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Conocophillips that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COP as an investment opportunity.
Let's face it, like most energy investments the Fidelity MSCI Energy Index ETF (FENY) has been a lousy investment over the past 1, 3, and 5 years. However, the recent polar-vortex in Texas, the relative recent success in the battle against Covid-19, and more favorable supply/demand fundamentals should remind us...
Climate Change is the Most-Cited Biden Policy on S&P 500 Earnings Calls. Here’s What They’re Saying.
Overall, companies have been mentioning President Joe Biden much less than Donald Trump four years ago.
The U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has extended its emergency order blocking construction of ConocoPhillips' (COP) $2B-plus Willow oil development project in Alaska, putting on hold plans for one of the biggest oil projects in North Slope history.In a weekend order, the court sided with environmental and Native plaintiffs...
A company spokeswoman said the workforce reduction is unrelated to recent court decisions affecting its project on Alaska’s North Slope.
An appeals court has blocked construction of ConocoPhillips' $2 billion-plus Willow crude oil project in Alaska, putting on hold plans for one of the biggest oil projects in North Slope history.
COP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching COPWant to do more research on Conocophillips's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!