Callon Petroleum Company (CPE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPE POWR Grades
- CPE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- CPE's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CPE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
CPE Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Callon Petroleum Co is higher than only 11.85% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Callon Petroleum Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 4.51% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that CPE's revenue has grown 97.94% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 91.61% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Callon Petroleum Co, a group of peers worth examining would be CUZ, PEB, SBRA, DHT, and HTA.
- Visit CPE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.callon.com.
CPE Valuation Summary
- CPE's EV/EBIT ratio is -3.8; this is 120.94% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CPE's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, CPE's price/earnings ratio has gone down 7.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPE.
CPE Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 10.21%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 120.27%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 205.3%.
The table below shows CPE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CPE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.09% of graded US stocks.
- CPE's asset turnover comes in at 0.302 -- ranking 83rd of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- SD, DWSN, and APA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CPE.
The table below shows CPE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CPE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.48||52-week high||$66.48|
|Prev. close||$43.06||52-week low||$25.32|
|Day high||$45.57||Avg. volume||2,071,498|
|50-day MA||$52.52||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$53.11||Market Cap||2.81B|
Callon Petroleum Company (CPE) Company Bio
Callon Petroleum Company engages in the exploration, development, acquisition, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin in West Texas. The company was founded in 1950 and is based in Natchez, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
CPE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPE Latest Social Stream
View Full CPE Social Stream
Latest CPE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Callon Petroleum Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPE as an investment opportunity.
Callon Petroleum (NYSE:CPE) reported Q4 results after the close, posting an earnings miss, guiding production down, and planning for debt repayments throughout 2022: Earnings - the Company posted adjusted EPS of $2.66 versus Street expectations for $2.72. Production - Management guided to 103kboe/d in 2022 (midpoint) versus Q4 results at...
The following slide deck was published by Callon Petroleum Company in conjunction with their 2021 Q4 earnings call....
At this time, I would like to welcome everyone to the Callon Petroleum fourth quarter and full year 2021 earnings conference call. With me on today's call are Joe Gatto, president and chief executive officer; Dr. Jeff Balmer, SVP and chief operating officer; and Kevin Haggard, SVP and chief financial officer.
With fear over the fallout of Russia's invasion of Ukraine mounting, along with general inflation, prices of energy and oil stocks are rising and filling the coffers of oil companies. Callon Petroleum joins the IBD 50 Stocks To Watch list as the stock sets up in a ragged new base as the Texas oil explorer's earnings soar. Bombs continued to explode in Ukraine and fighting was reported near the capital of Kyiv on Thursday, sending oil prices up over $100 a barrel.
LNG exporter Cheniere Energy and oil stocks Denbury and Callon Petroleum reported Q4 earnings early Thursday as energy prices soared following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
CPE Price Returns