Callon Petroleum Company (CPE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPE POWR Grades
- CPE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CPE is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CPE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
CPE Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.06, CALLON PETROLEUM CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 2.24% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of CALLON PETROLEUM CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.09% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, CPE has reported earnings growth of -518.75%, putting it ahead of only 3.34% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CALLON PETROLEUM CO, a group of peers worth examining would be TNP, GASS, SB, CMCT, and CEA.
- CPE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CALLON PETROLEUM CO's official web site, go to www.callon.com.
CPE Valuation Summary
- CPE's price/earnings ratio is 2.1; this is 77.42% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CPE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 35.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPE.
CPE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 117.14%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 302.51%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -93.82%.
The table below shows CPE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CPE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.09% of graded US stocks.
- CPE's asset turnover comes in at 0.302 -- ranking 83rd of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- SD, DWSN, and APA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CPE.
The table below shows CPE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CPE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.23||52-week high||$66.48|
|Prev. close||$40.92||52-week low||$31.23|
|Day high||$41.61||Avg. volume||1,796,769|
|50-day MA||$42.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$47.49||Market Cap||2.54B|
Callon Petroleum Company (CPE) Company Bio
Callon Petroleum Company engages in the exploration, development, acquisition, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin in West Texas. The company was founded in 1950 and is based in Natchez, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
CPE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPE Latest Social Stream
View Full CPE Social Stream
Latest CPE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CALLON PETROLEUM CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPE as an investment opportunity.
Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE: CPE) ("Callon" or the "Company") today announced that the Company has added to its management team with three hires across areas of strategic focus for the Company. In recent months, Callon has welcomed Carrie Endorf as Vice President of Asset Development & Technology, Doug Genrich as Vice President of Drilling & Completions, and Angie Day as Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Information Technology.
Higher production and commodity price realizations aid Callon's (CPE) earnings in Q3.
With the call for a boost in output growing louder, the debate around refracs is emerging again, and this time around, new techniques could help to stimulate old wells
Callon Petroleum ( NYSE:CPE ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$835.9m (up 51% from 3Q...
Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE: CPE) ("Callon" or the "Company") today announced that Michael L. Finch has stepped down as a director of the Company.
CPE Price Returns