Callon Petroleum Company (CPE): Price and Financial Metrics
CPE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.35||52-week high||$44.49|
|Prev. close||$31.27||52-week low||$28.91|
|Day high||$31.88||Avg. volume||1,557,887|
|50-day MA||$35.64||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$35.22||Market Cap||2.12B|
CPE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPE POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CPE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.76% of US stocks.
- CPE's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CPE's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.48% of US stocks).
CPE Stock Summary
- CPE's current price/earnings ratio is 4.34, which is higher than merely 5.21% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CPE is currently 1.88, higher than just 6.54% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of CALLON PETROLEUM CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.38% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CALLON PETROLEUM CO are SBOW, SSL, VET, GPOR, and CRK.
- CPE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CALLON PETROLEUM CO's official web site, go to www.callon.com.
CPE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CPE's EV/EBIT ratio is 11.11% higher, now standing at 9.
- Over the past 243 months, CPE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 4.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPE.
CPE Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 301.54%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 28.85%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 2800.63%.
The table below shows CPE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CPE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.09% of graded US stocks.
- CPE's asset turnover comes in at 0.302 -- ranking 83rd of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- SD, DWSN, and APA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CPE.
The table below shows CPE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Callon Petroleum Company (CPE) Company Bio
Callon Petroleum Company engages in the exploration, development, acquisition, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin in West Texas. The company was founded in 1950 and is based in Natchez, Mississippi.
CPE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPE Latest Social Stream
View Full CPE Social Stream
Latest CPE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CALLON PETROLEUM CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPE as an investment opportunity.
Key Insights Callon Petroleum's estimated fair value is US$54.90 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Callon...
In this piece, we will take a look at the 13 cheap energy stocks to buy. If you want to skip our overview of the energy industry and some recent trends, then check out 5 Cheap Energy Stocks To Buy. Despite the global push towards renewable energy and emissions free vehicles, the global fossil fuel […]
In this article, we discuss the 12 most undervalued natural gas stocks to buy according to hedge funds. To skip the detailed analysis of the natural gas sector, go directly to the 5 Most Undervalued Natural Gas Stocks To Buy According To Hedge Funds. Since Russia invaded Ukraine in 2022, the oil and gas sector […]
Callon's (CPE) Q3 earnings benefit from lower total operating expenses.
Callon Petroleum Company (NYSE:CPE) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 2, 2023 Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by. Welcome to Callon Petroleum’s Third Quarter Earnings Conference Call. [Operator Instructions] Just as a reminder, today’s conference call is being recorded. [Operator Instructions] I would now like to turn the call over to Callon’s […]
CPE Price Returns