Callon Petroleum Company (CPE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPE POWR Grades
- CPE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CPE is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- CPE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
CPE Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.09, Callon Petroleum Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 0.95% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CPE has reported earnings growth of -720.44%, putting it ahead of just 2.43% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CPE is more volatile than 97.73% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Callon Petroleum Co, a group of peers worth examining would be ATI, NSEC, DLPN, MOD, and JRJC.
- Visit CPE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.callon.com.
CPE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CPE's price/sales ratio is 20% higher, now standing at 1.8.
- CPE's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CPE's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPE.
CPE Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 486.6%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 344.95%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 364.64%.
The table below shows CPE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.76||52-week high||$60.51|
|Prev. close||$41.87||52-week low||$4.50|
|Day high||$41.18||Avg. volume||2,482,057|
|50-day MA||$47.25||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$27.69||Market Cap||1.79B|
Callon Petroleum Company (CPE) Company Bio
Callon Petroleum Company engages in the exploration, development, acquisition, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin in West Texas. The company was founded in 1950 and is based in Natchez, Mississippi.
CPE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CPE, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Callon Petroleum Co ranked in the 26th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Callon Petroleum Co, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 35% of its capital from equity, and 65% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 16.02% of US equities in the Energy sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Callon Petroleum Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Callon Petroleum Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -27.22. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 3.43% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPE Latest Social Stream
View Full CPE Social Stream
Latest CPE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Callon Petroleum Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPE as an investment opportunity.
PashaIgnatov/iStock via Getty ImagesOverview of Crude Oil Before we begin, I would like to take a moment to go on record stating the oil to $100 is now officially dead. Now let us see if crude will even hold $50 a barrel. The movement of oil is paramount for the...
Dow Jones Futures Fall: Indexes Weaken, But Stock Market Reality Worse; Tesla FSD, OPEC+ Deal, Zoom Video In Focus
Dow futures fell hard amid reviving Covid fears and oil prices down on an OPEC+ deal. Tesla FSD subscriptions launched.
Dow Jones Futures: Cruel Summer Market Rally Hits Nvidia, ASML, Roku, Tesla, Callon Petroleum; What To Do Now
It''s been a cruel summer for stocks, with market woes expanding and becoming more obvious, slamming top stocks and sectors. Here''s what to do now.
IBD Stock Of The Day: After a huge run in the first half of the year, Callon Petroleum is flashing two big sell signals.
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
CPE Price Returns