Copart, Inc. (CPRT): Price and Financial Metrics
CPRT Stock Summary
- CPRT has a higher market value than 91.34% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $28,960,644,061.
- CPRT's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 350.06 -- higher than 88.46% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CPRT is more volatile than only 10.47% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CPRT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EPAM, PLXS, FDS, ONEM, and PRAH.
- Visit CPRT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.copart.com.
CPRT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPRT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$122.89||52-week high||$130.96|
|Prev. close||$122.55||52-week low||$68.13|
|Day high||$124.65||Avg. volume||1,214,360|
|50-day MA||$112.58||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$109.87||Market Cap||29.04B|
Copart, Inc. (CPRT) Company Bio
Copart Inc. provides vehicle sellers with a full range of remarketing services and online auctions to process and sell salvage and clean title vehicles to dealers, dismantlers, rebuilders, exporters and, in some states, to end users. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
CPRT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Copart Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Copart Inc ranked in the 24th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CPRT, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 98. Its equity weight surpasses that of 93.46% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 2% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 9.29% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- CPRT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 50.43% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPRT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPRT Latest Social Stream
View Full CPRT Social Stream
Latest CPRT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Copart Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPRT as an investment opportunity.
Copart, Inc. (NASDAQ:CPRT), a global online auto auction company announced the addition of a new location in Mallorca, Spain. The facility is in the Balearic Islands of the Mediterranean.
Wedgewood Partners, an investment management firm, published its first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A return of +4.8% was reported by the fund for the Q1 of 2021, outperforming its Russell 1000 Growth benchmark that delivered a 1% return, but below both the S&P 500 and Russell […]
Copart and CHAMPtitles Announce Collaboration to Offer Automated Title Processing for Auto Insurance Groups
Copart, Inc. (NASDAQ:CPRT), a global online vehicle auction company, announced a strategic partnership with CHAMPtitles, a leading developer of innovative online title processing software. Together, they are pleased to introduce an automated digital platform for car sellers, including insurance companies, that alleviates the need for manual paper and mail-oriented vehicle title processing.
Copart (NASDAQ: CPRT) may be the 300-pound gorilla in the auction market for totaled cars, but IAA (NYSE: IAA) is a fierce competitor and is now publicly traded after being spun out of KAR Auction Services (NYSE: KAR).
Kar Auction Services was hurt by the Covid-19 pandemic but stands to benefit as the economy reopens.
CPRT Price Returns