Copart Inc. (CPRT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPRT POWR Grades
- CPRT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.84% of US stocks.
- CPRT's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CPRT's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 8.32% of US stocks).
CPRT Stock Summary
- Copart Inc's market capitalization of $31,057,522,313 is ahead of 91.02% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Copart Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 9.83, Copart Inc has a higher such ratio than 85.01% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Copart Inc are WNS, CMG, EVR, SVM, and WINA.
- CPRT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Copart Inc's official web site, go to www.copart.com.
CPRT Valuation Summary
- CPRT's price/sales ratio is 13.7; this is 315.15% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CPRT's price/sales ratio has gone up 7.9.
- Over the past 243 months, CPRT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 3.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPRT.
CPRT Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 192.92%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 59.97%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 61.89%.
The table below shows CPRT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPRT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CPRT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.81% of graded US stocks.
- CPRT's asset turnover comes in at 0.652 -- ranking 154th of 165 Retail stocks.
- SBH, SGU, and VLGEA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CPRT.
The table below shows CPRT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CPRT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPRT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$114.41||52-week high||$161.12|
|Prev. close||$111.29||52-week low||$105.41|
|Day high||$115.36||Avg. volume||1,286,118|
|50-day MA||$118.35||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$134.52||Market Cap||27.17B|
Copart Inc. (CPRT) Company Bio
Copart, Inc. or simply Copart is a global provider of online vehicle auction and remarketing services to automotive resellers such as insurance, rental car, fleet and finance companies in 11 countries; the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, Ireland, Brazil, Spain, UAE, Bahrain, Oman and Finland. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Copart has more than 200 physical locations around the world, where it houses more than 10,000 acres of vehicle inventory. Copart sells used, wholesale and repairable vehicles in weekly and bi-weekly online auctions to buyers ranging from consumers to automotive businesses around the world. Copart provides vehicle sellers with a range of services to process and sell repairable and clean title vehicles over the internet, using its patented virtual auction technology, named VB3. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CPRT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPRT Latest Social Stream
View Full CPRT Social Stream
Latest CPRT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Copart Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPRT as an investment opportunity.
The average of price targets set by Wall Street analysts indicates a potential upside of 29.5% in Copart, Inc. (CPRT). While the effectiveness of this highly sought-after metric is questionable, the positive trend in earnings estimate revisions might translate into an upside in the stock.
Legendary fund manager Li Lu (who Charlie Munger backed) once said, 'The biggest investment risk is not the volatility...
Copart, Inc. (CPRT) Q2 2022 Earnings Conference Call February 17, 2022 11:00 AM ET Company Participants John North – Chief Financial Officer Jeff Liaw – President Conference Call Participants Bob Labick – CJS Securities Daniel Imbro – Stephens Inc Ryan Brinkman – JPMorgan Chris Bottiglieri – BNP Paribas Bret Jordan...
No summary available.
For opening remarks and introductions, I would like to turn the call over to Mr. John North, chief financial officer of Copart Incorporated. During today's call, we'll discuss certain non-GAAP measure, which include adjustments to reverse the effect of certain discrete income tax items, foreign currency-related gain, [Inaudible] income tax benefits and payroll taxes related to accounting for stock option exercises. In addition, our comments today include forward-looking statements within the meaning of federal securities laws, including management's current views with respect to trends, opportunities, and uncertainties in our markets, including the COVID-19 pandemic.
CPRT Price Returns