Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (CPSS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPSS POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CPSS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 0% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CPSS is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 89 days.
- CPSS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0% of US stocks).
CPSS Stock Summary
- CPSS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,647.97 -- higher than 97.77% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CPSS is currently 0.38, higher than just 2.23% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CPSS comes in at 425.7% -- higher than that of 99.17% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CPSS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are INVA, SCI, AMBC, EXR, and HASI.
- CPSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Consumer Portfolio Services Inc's official web site, go to www.consumerportfolio.com.
CPSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.21||52-week high||$5.12|
|Prev. close||$4.07||52-week low||$2.32|
|Day high||$4.26||Avg. volume||22,783|
|50-day MA||$4.19||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.98||Market Cap||95.44M|
Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (CPSS) Company Bio
Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. operates as a specialty finance company in the United States. The company purchases and services retail automobile contracts originated by franchised automobile dealers and select independent dealers in the sale of new and used automobiles, light trucks, and passenger vans. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Irvine, California.
CPSS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CPSS, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Consumer Portfolio Services Inc ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 1204.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Consumer Portfolio Services Inc ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 1.2; that's higher than just 20.69% of US stocks in the Financial Services sector that have positive free cash flow.
- 5% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 0.94% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Consumer Portfolio Services Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPSS Latest Social Stream
View Full CPSS Social Stream
Latest CPSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Consumer Portfolio Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPSS as an investment opportunity.
Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (CPSS) CEO Charles Bradley on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (CPSS) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 11, 2021, 13:00 ET Company Participants Charles Bradley - Chairman, President & CEO Jeffrey Fritz - EVP & CFO Conference Call Participants John Rowan - Janney Montgomery Scott Kyle Joseph - Jefferies Presentation Operator Good day everyone and welcome...
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, May 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) today announced that it will hold a conference call on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. ET to discuss its first quarter 2021 operating results. Those wishing to participate by telephone may dial-in at 877 312-5502, or 253 237-1131 for international participants, approximately 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time. The conference identification number is 7645419. A replay of the conference call will be available between May 11 and May 18, 2021, beginning two hours after conclusion of the call, by dialing 855 859-2056 or 404 537-3406 for international participants, with conference identification number 7645419. A broadcast of the conference call will also be ava...
Consumer Portfolio Services (CPSS) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Pretax income of $6.5 million for the fourth quarter and $20.1 million for 2020Net income of $4.1 million, or $0.17 per diluted share for the fourth quarterNet income of $21.7 million, or $0.90 per diluted share for 2020New contract purchases of $743 million for the full year 2020 LAS VEGAS, NV, Feb. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) today announced earnings of $4.1 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2020. This compares to a net income of $29,000 in the fourth quarter of 2019. Revenues for the fourth quarter of 2020 were $62.4 million, a decrease of $23.3 million, or 27.2%, compared to $85.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2019. Total operating expenses for the fourth quart...
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, Jan. 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) today announced the closing of its first term securitization in 2021. The transaction is CPS's 38th senior subordinate securitization since the beginning of 2011 and the 21st consecutive securitization to receive a triple “A” rating from at least two rating agencies on the senior class of notes. In the transaction, qualified institutional buyers purchased $230.5 million of asset-backed notes secured by $245.0 million in automobile receivables originated by CPS. The sold notes, issued by CPS Auto Receivables Trust 2021-A, consist of five classes. Ratings of the notes were provided by Standard & Poor’s and DBRS Morningstar, and were based on the structure of the t...
CPSS Price Returns
Continue Researching CPSSWant to see what other sources are saying about Consumer Portfolio Services Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch