Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (CPSS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPSS POWR Grades
- CPSS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 0% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CPSS is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 89 days.
- CPSS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0% of US stocks).
CPSS Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Consumer Portfolio Services Inc is higher than just 2.25% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Consumer Portfolio Services Inc is higher than it is for about 97.64% of US stocks.
- Consumer Portfolio Services Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 373.4%, greater than the shareholder yield of 99.17% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Consumer Portfolio Services Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be HASI, INVA, SCI, AMBC, and STWD.
- CPSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Consumer Portfolio Services Inc's official web site, go to www.consumerportfolio.com.
CPSS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CPSS's price/sales ratio is 66.67% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- Over the past 243 months, CPSS's price/sales ratio has gone down $0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, CPSS's price/earnings ratio has gone up $10.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPSS.
CPSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.57||52-week high||$5.12|
|Prev. close||$4.64||52-week low||$2.61|
|Day high||$4.68||Avg. volume||22,612|
|50-day MA||$4.41||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.13||Market Cap||103.60M|
Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (CPSS) Company Bio
Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. operates as a specialty finance company in the United States. The company purchases and services retail automobile contracts originated by franchised automobile dealers and select independent dealers in the sale of new and used automobiles, light trucks, and passenger vans. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Irvine, California.
CPSS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CPSS, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Consumer Portfolio Services Inc ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CPSS, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 1.26 -- which is good for besting merely 11.31% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Financial Services sector with positive cash flow).
- 5% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 0.81% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 95% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 99.15% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPSS Latest Social Stream
View Full CPSS Social Stream
Latest CPSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Consumer Portfolio Services Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPSS as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 11, 2021 / Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:CPSS) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 11, 2021 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time.
Exeter Automobile Receivables Trust 2018-1 -- Moody's upgrades CPS and Exeter auto loan ABS issued in 2018, 2019, and 2020
Rating Action: Moody's upgrades CPS and Exeter auto loan ABS issued in 2018, 2019, and 2020Global Credit Research - 06 Apr 2021Approximately $1.99 billion of asset-backed securities affectedNew York, April 06, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service, ("Moody's") has upgraded two classes of notes from CPS Auto Receivables Trust 2020-C and 17 classes of notes from eleven Exeter Automobile Receivables Trusts issued in 2018, 2019, and 2020. The loss expectations reflect updated performance trends on the underlying pools and the increased likelihood of defaults by borrowers affected by a slowdown in the US economic activity due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Pretax income of $6.5 million for the fourth quarter and $20.1 million for 2020Net income of $4.1 million, or $0.17 per diluted share for the fourth quarterNet income of $21.7 million, or $0.90 per diluted share for 2020New contract purchases of $743 million for the full year 2020 LAS VEGAS, NV, Feb. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) today announced earnings of $4.1 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2020. This compares to a net income of $29,000 in the fourth quarter of 2019. Revenues for the fourth quarter of 2020 were $62.4 million, a decrease of $23.3 million, or 27.2%, compared to $85.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2019. Total operating expenses for the fourth quart...
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, Feb. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) today announced that it will hold a conference call on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. ET to discuss its fourth quarter 2020 operating results. Those wishing to participate by telephone may dial-in at 877 312-5502, or 253 237-1131 for international participants, approximately 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time. The conference identification number is 3998868. A replay of the conference call will be available between February 24 and March 3, 2021, beginning two hours after conclusion of the call, by dialing 855 859-2056 or 404 537-3406 for international participants, with conference identification number 3998868. A broadcast of the conference call w...
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, Dec. 18, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) today announced that on December 18, 2020 it renewed its two-year revolving credit agreement with Citibank, N.A. Loans under the renewed credit agreement will be secured by automobile receivables that CPS now holds, will originate directly, or will purchase from dealers in the future. CPS may borrow on a revolving basis through December 18, 2022, after which CPS will have the option to repay the outstanding loans in full or to allow them to amortize for a one-year period.“We are pleased for this opportunity to continue to business with Citibank, with whom we have enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial relationship,” said Charles E. Bradley, Jr., President and C...
CPSS Price Returns
Continue Researching CPSSWant to see what other sources are saying about Consumer Portfolio Services Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch