Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (CPSS): Price and Financial Metrics
CPSS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.51||52-week high||$14.38|
|Prev. close||$11.18||52-week low||$4.64|
|Day high||$11.70||Avg. volume||38,156|
|50-day MA||$10.26||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$9.41||Market Cap||239.15M|
CPSS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPSS POWR Grades
- CPSS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 77.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CPSS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CPSS's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 24.52% of US stocks).
CPSS Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.74% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES INC is higher than it is for about 98.44% of US stocks.
- CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -192.34%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 2.97% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES INC are NS, PTMN, BNL, GAIN, and ASR.
- CPSS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES INC's official web site, go to www.consumerportfolio.com.
CPSS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CPSS's price/earnings ratio is 67.06% lower, now standing at 2.8.
- Over the past 243 months, CPSS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPSS.
CPSS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 0.57%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -45.57%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at -25.47%.
The table below shows CPSS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPSS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CPSS, see our CPSS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$5.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (CPSS) Company Bio
Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. operates as a specialty finance company in the United States. The company purchases and services retail automobile contracts originated by franchised automobile dealers and select independent dealers in the sale of new and used automobiles, light trucks, and passenger vans. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Irvine, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CPSS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPSS Latest Social Stream
View Full CPSS Social Stream
Latest CPSS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONSUMER PORTFOLIO SERVICES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPSS as an investment opportunity.
Owning 37% in Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:CPSS) means that insiders are heavily invested in the company's future
Key Insights Insiders appear to have a vested interest in Consumer Portfolio Services' growth, as seen by their...
Q1 2023 Consumer Portfolio Services Inc Earnings Call
Q1 2023 Consumer Portfolio Services Inc Earnings Call
CPS Announces $332.9 Million Senior Subordinate Asset-Backed Securitization
LAS VEGAS, Nevada, April 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) announced the closing of its second term securitization in 2023 on Wednesday, April 26, 2023. The transaction is CPS's 47th senior subordinate securitization since the beginning of 2011 and the 30th consecutive securitization to receive a triple “A” rating from at least two rating agencies on the senior class of notes. In the transaction, qualified institutional buyers
CPS Announces First Quarter 2023 Earnings
Revenues of $83.1 million compared to $74.4 million in the prior year periodPretax income of $18.4 millionNet income of $13.8 million, or $0.54 per diluted shareNew contract purchases of $415.2 million LAS VEGAS, NV, April 26, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) today announced earnings of $13.8 million, or $0.54 per diluted share, for its first quarter ended March 31, 2023. This compares to a net income of $21.1 million, or $0.75 pe
CPS To Host Conference Call On First Quarter 2023 Earnings
Las Vegas, Nevada, April 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: CPSS) (“CPS” or the “Company”) today announced that it will hold a conference call on Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. ET to discuss its first quarter 2023 operating results. Those wishing to participate can pre-register for the conference call at the following link https://register.vevent.com/register/BIe2b65f876c1e4b64877e5e73a155c3e8. Registered participants will receive an email containing c
CPSS Price Returns
Continue Researching CPSSWant to see what other sources are saying about Consumer Portfolio Services Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Consumer Portfolio Services Inc (CPSS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...