Crane Co. (CR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CR POWR Grades
- CR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 93.97% of US stocks.
- CR's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CR ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 65th percentile.
CR Stock Summary
- CR's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Crane Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 78.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, CR has reported earnings growth of 74.2%, putting it ahead of 80.12% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Crane Co are TTEC, IART, BLD, GMS, and HRC.
- CR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Crane Co's official web site, go to www.craneco.com.
CR Valuation Summary
- CR's price/sales ratio is 1.9; this is 44.12% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 8.8.
- CR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 7.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CR.
CR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -8.52%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -52.86%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -13.86%.
The table below shows CR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$96.24||52-week high||$99.93|
|Prev. close||$94.54||52-week low||$48.19|
|Day high||$96.40||Avg. volume||279,318|
|50-day MA||$92.57||Dividend yield||1.82%|
|200-day MA||$83.18||Market Cap||5.62B|
Crane Co. (CR) Company Bio
Crane Company provides products and solutions to customers in the hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, unattended payment, automated merchandising, aerospace, electronics, transportation and other markets. The Company has four business segments: Fluid Handling, Payment & Merchandising Technologies, Aerospace & Electronics and Engineered Materials. The company was founded in 1855 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
CR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Crane Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Crane Co ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Crane Co ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 5.99 -- which is good for besting 55.96% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- Crane Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 23.27% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CR Latest Social Stream
View Full CR Social Stream
Latest CR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Crane Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CR as an investment opportunity.
The following slide deck was published by Crane Co. in conjunction with their 2021 Q2 earnings call....
Crane Co. (CR) Q2 2021 Earnings Conference Call July 27, 2021 10:00 ET Company Participants Jason Feldman - Vice President, Investor Relations Max Mitchell - President and Chief Executive Officer Rich Maue - Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Nathan Jones - Stifel Matt Summerville -...
At Insider Monkey, we pore over the filings of nearly 866 top investment firms every quarter, a process we have now completed for the latest reporting period. The data we’ve gathered as a result gives us access to a wealth of collective knowledge based on these firms’ portfolio holdings as of March 31st. In this […]
It is now my pleasure to introduce your host, Jason Feldman, Vice President of Investor Relations. On our call this morning, we have Max Mitchell, our President and Chief Executive Officer and Rich Maue, our Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
Crane's (CR) second-quarter 2021 revenues increase 23.6% year over year on account of impressive performance across Process Flow Technologies and Payment & Merchandising Technologies segments.
CR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|