Comstock Resources, Inc. (CRK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CRK POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CRK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CRK is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 198 days.
- CRK ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
CRK Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Comstock Resources Inc is higher than just 7.63% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Comstock Resources Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.99% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Comstock Resources Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -15.85%, greater than the shareholder yield of just 14.13% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Comstock Resources Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CTRM, PXS, NVGS, EGLE, and DHC.
- Visit CRK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.crkfrisco.com.
CRK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CRK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.65||52-week high||$7.82|
|Prev. close||$5.68||52-week low||$4.08|
|Day high||$5.74||Avg. volume||2,789,654|
|50-day MA||$5.50||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.25||Market Cap||1.31B|
Comstock Resources, Inc. (CRK) Company Bio
Comstock Resources, Inc. acquires, develops, explores, and produces oil and natural gas properties in the United States. Its oil and gas operations are primarily located in East Texas/North Louisiana and South Texas. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Frisco, Texas.
CRK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Comstock Resources Inc. To summarize, we found that Comstock Resources Inc ranked in the 94th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 2700.67% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Comstock Resources Inc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Comstock Resources Inc over the past 3.3 years is 1.73%; that's better than 89.6% of cash flow producing equities in the Energy sector, where it is classified.
- 33% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 7.45% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Comstock Resources Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than just 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CRK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CRK Latest Social Stream
View Full CRK Social Stream
Latest CRK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Comstock Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CRK as an investment opportunity.
We believe investing is smart because history shows that stock markets go higher in the long term. But if when you...
COMSTOCK RESOURCES, INC. ANNOUNCES EARLY TENDER RESULTS AND UPSIZE OF PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED CASH TENDER OFFERS
FRISCO, TX, March 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comstock Resources, Inc. ("Comstock" or the "Company") (NYSE: CRK) announced today the early results of Comstock's previously announced cash tender offers (the "Tender Offers") to purchase up to $1.0 billion aggregate purchase price (as such amount may be increased or decreased by the Company) (the "Aggregate Maximum Tender Amount") of its outstanding 7.50% senior notes due 2025 (the "2025 Notes") and 9.75% senior notes due 2026 (the "2026 Notes" and together with the 2025 Notes, the "Notes") in the priorities set forth in the table below. The Company has amended the Aggregate Maximum Tender Amount to increase the aggregate purchase price of Notes subject to the Tender Offers from $1.0 billion to $1.25 billion, and to increase the aggrega...
FRISCO, TX, March 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comstock Resources, Inc. (NYSE:CRK) ("Comstock" or the "Company") announced today the pricing of its private placement of 6.75% senior notes due 2029 in the aggregate principal amount of $250.0 million (the "Notes"). The Notes were sold at 103% of par. The offering is expected to close on March 4, 2021, subject to customary closing conditions. The aggregate net proceeds from the sale of the Notes are expected to be approximately $253.0 million, after deducting the initial purchasers' discount and other offering expenses, and the Company intends to use such proceeds to fund an anticipated increase in the aggregate maximum tender amount in the Company's existing tender offers for a portion of the Company's 7.5% Senior Notes due 2025 and 9.75%...
FRISCO, TX, March 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comstock Resources, Inc. ("Comstock" or the "Company") (NYSE: CRK) announced today that, subject to market conditions, it intends to offer an additional $250.0 million aggregate principal amount of its 6.75% senior notes due in 2029 (the "Notes") in a private placement to eligible purchasers. The Notes are a further issuance of the 6.75% senior notes due 2029, of which $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount are expected, subject to customary closing conditions, to be issued on March 4, 2021 (the "2029 Notes"). The Notes will be treated as a single series with the 2029 Notes under the indenture governing the 2029 Notes and will have the same terms as the 2029 Notes (other than the initial offering price). The Notes will have the same CUSIP ...
“Obviously, this week is like hitting the jackpot,” said the chief executive of Comstock Resources, a shale drilling company, on an investor call. The post Fossil Fuel Executives Gloat About Profits, PR From Texas Winter Storm Crisis appeared first on The Intercept .
CRK Price Returns