Comstock Resources, Inc. (CRK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CRK POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CRK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.61% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CRK is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- CRK ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
CRK Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Comstock Resources Inc is higher than merely 9.18% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Comstock Resources Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.21% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Comstock Resources Inc is reporting a growth rate of -176.67%; that's higher than merely 11.97% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Comstock Resources Inc are FTAI, GEL, APTS, VER, and RIG.
- CRK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Comstock Resources Inc's official web site, go to www.crkfrisco.com.
CRK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CRK's price/sales ratio is 6.67% lower, now standing at 1.4.
- Over the past 243 months, CRK's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- CRK's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 24.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CRK.
CRK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CRK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 49.7% of graded US stocks.
- CRK's asset turnover comes in at 0.244 -- ranking 97th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- GDP, COG, and HES are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CRK.
The table below shows CRK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CRK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CRK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.19||52-week high||$11.34|
|Prev. close||$9.21||52-week low||$4.24|
|Day high||$9.44||Avg. volume||3,032,615|
|50-day MA||$7.84||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.20||Market Cap||2.14B|
Comstock Resources, Inc. (CRK) Company Bio
Comstock Resources, Inc. acquires, develops, explores, and produces oil and natural gas properties in the United States. Its oil and gas operations are primarily located in East Texas/North Louisiana and South Texas. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Frisco, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CRK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CRK Latest Social Stream
View Full CRK Social Stream
Latest CRK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Comstock Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CRK as an investment opportunity.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Comstock Resources (CRK) closed the most recent trading day at $9.21, moving -1.71% from the previous trading session.
Comstock Resources (CRK) intends to use the proceeds from the Bakken shale field sale to support a rise in the completion activities at its Haynesville Shale holdings in Louisiana and Texas.
Comstock (CRK) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Natural gas producer Comstock Resources (CRK) has signed an agreement with Minnesota-based energy firm Northern Oil & Gas, Inc. (NOG) for the sale of its assets in the Bakken shale for $154 million in cash. Headquartered in Texas, Comstock acquires, develops and explores oil and natural gas. It is also focused on the development of the Haynesville shale in North Louisiana and East Texas. The assets being sold include non-operated interests in over 400 producing wells that have recently shown production of over 4,500 net barrels of oil equivalent per day. The sale is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2021.
CRK Price Returns