Comstock Resources, Inc. (CRK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CRK POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CRK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.09% of US stocks.
- CRK's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CRK ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
CRK Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 2.53, COMSTOCK RESOURCES INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 3.77% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of COMSTOCK RESOURCES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.04% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, CRK has reported earnings growth of -13,389.14%, putting it ahead of only 0.2% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COMSTOCK RESOURCES INC are BZFD, GNSS, ADT, EBR, and AR.
- CRK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COMSTOCK RESOURCES INC's official web site, go to www.crkfrisco.com.
CRK Valuation Summary
- CRK's price/earnings ratio is 2.6; this is 68.67% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- CRK's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CRK.
CRK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CRK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 51.52% of graded US stocks.
- CRK's asset turnover comes in at 0.244 -- ranking 96th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- GDP, CTRA, and HES are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CRK.
The table below shows CRK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CRK Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CRK, see our CRK price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$9.03||Average Broker Recommendation||1.67 (Moderate Buy)|
CRK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CRK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.53||52-week high||$22.11|
|Prev. close||$9.96||52-week low||$9.71|
|Day high||$10.55||Avg. volume||5,473,786|
|50-day MA||$11.90||Dividend yield||4.87%|
|200-day MA||$15.35||Market Cap||2.92B|
Comstock Resources, Inc. (CRK) Company Bio
Comstock Resources, Inc. acquires, develops, explores, and produces oil and natural gas properties in the United States. Its oil and gas operations are primarily located in East Texas/North Louisiana and South Texas. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Frisco, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CRK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CRK Latest Social Stream
View Full CRK Social Stream
Latest CRK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMSTOCK RESOURCES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CRK as an investment opportunity.
10 Best Stocks to Buy for Medium Term
In this article, we will be taking a look at the 10 best stocks to buy for medium term. To skip our detailed analysis of the current stock market dynamics, you can go directly to see the 5 Best Stocks to Buy for Medium Term. While some investors prefer to hold long-term positions in the […]
The total return for Comstock Resources (NYSE:CRK) investors has risen faster than earnings growth over the last three years
Some Comstock Resources, Inc. ( NYSE:CRK ) shareholders are probably rather concerned to see the share price fall 32...
Here's What We Like About Comstock Resources' (NYSE:CRK) Upcoming Dividend
Readers hoping to buy Comstock Resources, Inc. ( NYSE:CRK ) for its dividend will need to make their move shortly, as...
Natural-Gas Prices Plunge, and Drillers Dial Back
Prices for the fuel are down more than 65% since mid-December, and U.S. inventories have flipped to an unseasonable surplus.
Comstock Resources Full Year 2022 Earnings: Beats Expectations
Comstock Resources ( NYSE:CRK ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$3.63b (up 96% from FY 2021...
CRK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...