America's Car-Mart Inc. (CRMT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CRMT POWR Grades
- CRMT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 66.1% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CRMT is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CRMT ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
CRMT Stock Summary
- CRMT's current price/earnings ratio is 5.21, which is higher than just 13.69% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- CRMT's price/sales ratio is 0.33; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 11% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CRMT comes in at -49.37% -- higher than that of only 11.57% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMERICAS CARMART INC are CRC, USNA, WFG, KEX, and POAI.
- Visit CRMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.car-mart.com.
CRMT Valuation Summary
- CRMT's price/earnings ratio is 5.2; this is 51.4% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CRMT's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CRMT.
CRMT Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 2330.76%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 96%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 9.43%.
The table below shows CRMT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CRMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CRMT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.35% of graded US stocks.
- CRMT's asset turnover comes in at 1.271 -- ranking 106th of 165 Retail stocks.
- KSS, M, and JWN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CRMT.
The table below shows CRMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CRMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CRMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.02||52-week high||$129.50|
|Prev. close||$61.94||52-week low||$60.16|
|Day high||$63.05||Avg. volume||93,174|
|50-day MA||$87.67||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$92.58||Market Cap||388.58M|
America's Car-Mart Inc. (CRMT) Company Bio
America's Car-Mart, Inc. engages in the sale of older model used vehicles and the provision of financing for its customers in the United States. The firm sells older model used vehicles and provides financing for its customers. As of April 30, 2020, it operated 148 dealerships in the South-Central United States. The company was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Bentonville, AR.
Most Popular Stories View All
CRMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CRMT Latest Social Stream
View Full CRMT Social Stream
Latest CRMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAS CARMART INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CRMT as an investment opportunity.
The popular regional used car dealership chain experience short-term headwinds but looks appealing for the long-term
Cathie Wood, the founder, CEO, and CIO of ARK Invest line of funds shared her views about the trajectory of used car prices on the microblogging site Twitter (TWTR). As per the hedge fund manager, “consumers hoarded cars” during the pandemic to avoid “mass transit.” This led to a rise in used car prices as demand exceeded supply. Consumers thus benefitted from the “inventory profits” and delayed selling their vehicles post the pandemic. Cathie further quoted, “Now prices are falling, threatening them with inventory losses, so they are likely to sell.” Cathie also noted that she expects new and used car prices to “unwind fairly dramatically.
Despite the shares' low apparent valuation, investors are leery of investing in a used-car dealer with declining profits.
America's Car-Mart fell in after-hours trading Wednesday after it reported mixed fiscal first-quarter earnings. It said prices were easing.
America's Car-Mart (CRMT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -35.69% and 2.94%, respectively, for the quarter ended July 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CRMT Price Returns