CoStar Group, Inc. (CSGP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CSGP POWR Grades
- CSGP scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 93.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CSGP is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- CSGP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
CSGP Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 146.59, Costar Group Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 94.45% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CSGP is currently 75.71, higher than 94.43% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CSGP is more volatile than only 1.86% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Costar Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PAYX, HRL, WCN, DLR, and IFF.
- Visit CSGP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.costargroup.com.
CSGP Valuation Summary
- CSGP's EV/EBIT ratio is 98.5; this is 159.21% higher than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- CSGP's price/earnings ratio has moved up $155.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CSGP.
CSGP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CSGP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$869.75||52-week high||$952.76|
|Prev. close||$856.89||52-week low||$646.46|
|Day high||$871.52||Avg. volume||286,647|
|50-day MA||$862.03||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$863.63||Market Cap||34.35B|
CoStar Group, Inc. (CSGP) Company Bio
CoStar Group provides information, analytics, and online marketplaces services to the commercial real estate industry in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and France. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Washington, the District of Columbia.
CSGP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CSGP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Costar Group Inc ranked in the 15th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Costar Group Inc ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 97. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 96.9% of US equities in the Real Estate sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 13.75% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- CSGP's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 50.95% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CSGP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CSGP Latest Social Stream
View Full CSGP Social Stream
Latest CSGP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Costar Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CSGP as an investment opportunity.
Has CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSGP) Stock's Recent Performance Got Anything to Do With Its Financial Health?
Most readers would already know that CoStar Group's (NASDAQ:CSGP) stock increased by 3.6% over the past three months...
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces, announced today that its Board of Directors has approved and declared a ten-for-one split of CoStar Group’s common stock in the form of a stock dividend in an effort to make stock ownership more accessible to employees and investors. The Board set June 17, 2021 as the record date for the stock dividend. Each stockholder of record at the close of business on the record
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), the Washington, DC Based Provider of Commercial Real Estate Information, is in No Way Associated with Chinese Firm Costar Group Co. Ltd. (002189.SZ), a Chinese Company Facing a Ban on Stock Purchases by Americans
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces, issued a statement today clarifying that it is in no way associated, related or linked to Chinese firm CoStar Group Co., Ltd., a company principally engaged in the research, development, design, manufacture, processing and sales of optical parts and components.
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces, announced today that it has completed the acquisition of Homes.com, previously announced on April 14, 2021, for $156 million in cash. The Federal Trade Commission cleared the transaction to close last week.
Closures and safety precautions over the past year definitely created winners and losers in the stock market, and much of that is reversing now that the U.S. is beginning to return to normal. With that caveat, it's not difficult to find stocks that are priced for performance they are unlikely to deliver. For instance, it's hard to imagine a scenario where Target (NYSE: TGT), Boston Beer (NYSE: SAM), and CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) are able to justify the lofty prices being paid for shares right now.
CSGP Price Returns