CSX Corp. (CSX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CSX POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CSX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.47% of US stocks.
- CSX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CSX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 20.88% of US stocks).
CSX Stock Summary
- CSX has a market capitalization of $82,646,914,250 -- more than approximately 96.81% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Csx Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Csx Corp is higher than it is for about merely 0.02% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Csx Corp are DHC, TCI, FSP, DRE, and ALX.
- Visit CSX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.csx.com.
CSX Valuation Summary
- CSX's price/sales ratio is 6.7; this is 103.03% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CSX's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.7 over the prior 243 months.
- CSX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CSX.
CSX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 48.12%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 203.25%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 136.14%.
The table below shows CSX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CSX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CSX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.24% of graded US stocks.
- CSX's asset turnover comes in at 0.299 -- ranking 68th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- NSC, UNP, and PTSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CSX.
The table below shows CSX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CSX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CSX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.35||52-week high||$38.63|
|Prev. close||$34.48||52-week low||$27.59|
|Day high||$34.70||Avg. volume||16,040,183|
|50-day MA||$30.74||Dividend yield||1.16%|
|200-day MA||$33.96||Market Cap||73.55B|
CSX Corp. (CSX) Company Bio
CSX Corporation is an American holding company focused on rail transportation and real estate in North America, among other industries. The company was established in 1980 as part of the Chessie System and Seaboard Coast Line Industries merger. The various railroads of the former Chessie System and Seaboard Coast Line Industries that are now owned by CSX Corporation were eventually merged into a single line in 1986 and it became known as CSX Transportation. CSX Corporation currently has a number of subsidiaries beyond CSX Transportation. Based in Richmond, Virginia, USA after the merger, in 2003 the CSX Corporation headquarters moved to Jacksonville, Florida. CSX is a Fortune 500 company. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CSX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CSX Latest Social Stream
View Full CSX Social Stream
Latest CSX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Csx Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CSX as an investment opportunity.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights Berkshire Hathaway, Visa, Cisco Systems, CSX Corp and L3Harris Technologies
Berkshire Hathaway, Visa, Cisco Systems, CSX Corp and L3Harris Technologies are included in this analyst blog.
CSX (CSX) closed at $33.60 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.6% move from the prior day.
Investment Thesis CSX Corporation (CSX) is one of the top 5 biggest North American Railroad companies and has been a backbone of the U.S. economy for the past 100 years. CSX and Norfolk Southern (NSC) basically operate as a duopoly in the East. This dominant market share and network effect...
Thinking about buying stock in Palantir Technologies, Macy''s, Digital World Acquisition, CSX Corp, or Senseonics?
NEW YORK , Feb. 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- InvestorsObserver issues critical PriceWatch Alerts for PLTR, M, DWAC, CSX, and SENS. Full story available on Benzinga.com
The improving freight scenario bodes well for CSX.
CSX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|