CSX Corp. (CSX): Price and Financial Metrics
CSX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.52||52-week high||$34.38|
|Prev. close||$33.29||52-week low||$27.60|
|Day high||$33.57||Avg. volume||13,069,692|
|50-day MA||$31.06||Dividend yield||1.32%|
|200-day MA||$31.25||Market Cap||66.24B|
CSX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CSX POWR Grades
- CSX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 91.07% of US stocks.
- CSX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CSX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
CSX Stock Summary
- CSX CORP's market capitalization of $66,002,776,569 is ahead of 96.31% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of CSX CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.17% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of CSX CORP's share price is greater than that of only 3.54% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CSX CORP are SO, DUK, PCG, SRE, and D.
- Visit CSX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.csx.com.
CSX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CSX's price/sales ratio is 258.33% higher, now standing at 4.3.
- CSX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 4.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CSX.
CSX Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 19.67%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -34.48%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 24.03%.
The table below shows CSX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CSX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CSX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.24% of graded US stocks.
- CSX's asset turnover comes in at 0.299 -- ranking 68th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- NSC, UNP, and PTSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CSX.
The table below shows CSX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CSX Corp. (CSX) Company Bio
CSX Corporation is an American holding company focused on rail transportation and real estate in North America, among other industries. The company was established in 1980 as part of the Chessie System and Seaboard Coast Line Industries merger. The various railroads of the former Chessie System and Seaboard Coast Line Industries that are now owned by CSX Corporation were eventually merged into a single line in 1986 and it became known as CSX Transportation. CSX Corporation currently has a number of subsidiaries beyond CSX Transportation. Based in Richmond, Virginia, USA after the merger, in 2003 the CSX Corporation headquarters moved to Jacksonville, Florida. CSX is a Fortune 500 company. (Source:Wikipedia)
CSX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CSX Latest Social Stream
View Full CSX Social Stream
Latest CSX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CSX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CSX as an investment opportunity.
Hundreds of emergency workers in Kentucky put out a large fire on Thursday after a CSX freight train carrying molten sulfur derailed a day earlier, officials said. Gov. Andy Beshear declared a state of emergency due to the Rockcastle County derailment, which involved 16 cars, according to the Florida-based train operator. In addition to the two cars carrying molten sulfur that spilled, two more contained magnesium hydroxide, but there was no indication that those cars were breached in the accident, the company said.
A CSX train carrying molten sulfur derailed and caught fire on Wednesday north of Livingston, Kentucky, prompting a voluntary evacuation and state of emergency declaration. The post CSX train derailment in Kentucky prompts evacuations, state of emergency declaration appeared first on FreightWaves.
Joe Hinrichs, President and CEO of CSX, to Chair the B&O Railroad Museum’s Campaign to Transform its Campus in Baltimore in preparation for the 200th Anniversary of Railroading
CSX President and CEO to lead the B&O Railroad Museum's campaign to transform Baltimore campus in preparation for the 200th anniversary of American railroading. BALTIMORE, Nov. 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The B&O Railroad Museum, the birthplace of American railroading, is pleased to announce that Joe Hinrichs, President and CEO of the CSX Corporation (NASDAQ: CSX) will chair the Museum’s $30 million dollar capital campaign to transform the Museum’s campus in preparation for the 200th Anniversar
Insight into Kahn Brothers (Trades, Portfolio)' Latest 13F Filings for Q3 2023
Key Insights The projected fair value for CSX is US$32.05 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Current share price...
CSX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|