CSX Corp. (CSX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CSX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CSX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.18% of US stocks.
- CSX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- CSX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
CSX Stock Summary
- CSX CORP's market capitalization of $67,424,247,939 is ahead of 96.88% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of CSX CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CSX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.71% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CSX CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be TRP, CNI, DUK, AWK, and SO.
- Visit CSX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.csx.com.
CSX Valuation Summary
- CSX's price/sales ratio is 4.6; this is 283.33% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CSX's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CSX.
CSX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 20.42%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 6.41%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 77.16%.
The table below shows CSX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CSX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CSX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.24% of graded US stocks.
- CSX's asset turnover comes in at 0.299 -- ranking 68th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- NSC, UNP, and PTSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CSX.
The table below shows CSX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CSX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CSX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.17||52-week high||$38.63|
|Prev. close||$31.70||52-week low||$25.80|
|Day high||$32.21||Avg. volume||16,138,436|
|50-day MA||$29.02||Dividend yield||1.26%|
|200-day MA||$31.90||Market Cap||67.63B|
CSX Corp. (CSX) Company Bio
CSX Corporation is an American holding company focused on rail transportation and real estate in North America, among other industries. The company was established in 1980 as part of the Chessie System and Seaboard Coast Line Industries merger. The various railroads of the former Chessie System and Seaboard Coast Line Industries that are now owned by CSX Corporation were eventually merged into a single line in 1986 and it became known as CSX Transportation. CSX Corporation currently has a number of subsidiaries beyond CSX Transportation. Based in Richmond, Virginia, USA after the merger, in 2003 the CSX Corporation headquarters moved to Jacksonville, Florida. CSX is a Fortune 500 company. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CSX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CSX Latest Social Stream
View Full CSX Social Stream
Latest CSX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CSX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CSX as an investment opportunity.
The Zacks Transportation - Rail industry is gaining from a favorable freight environment. This bodes well for stocks like UNP, CP, CSX and NSC.
Great week for CSX Corporation (NASDAQ:CSX) institutional investors after losing 8.9% over the previous year
Every investor in CSX Corporation ( NASDAQ:CSX ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups. With 73...
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? Firstly, we'll want...
Two of the country’s largest railroad unions will reveal Monday whether their members voted to accept a new wage deal brokered by the White House, or reject it and move closer to a labor strike that could disrupt the flow of goods around the country.
Generally speaking the aim of active stock picking is to find companies that provide returns that are superior to the...
CSX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|