CSX Corporation (CSX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CSX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CSX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.86% of US stocks.
- CSX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- CSX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
CSX Stock Summary
- CSX has a market capitalization of $68,108,321,441 -- more than approximately 96.21% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Csx Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CSX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0.09% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Csx Corp are BDN, NEP, CEPU, OBAS, and RDI.
- CSX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Csx Corp's official web site, go to www.csx.com.
CSX Valuation Summary
- CSX's price/sales ratio is 6.7; this is 103.03% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CSX's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.7 over the prior 243 months.
- CSX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CSX.
CSX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.64%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 83.21%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -10.51%.
The table below shows CSX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CSX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CSX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.84% of graded US stocks.
- CSX's asset turnover comes in at 0.284 -- ranking 64th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- NSC, UNP, and MMP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CSX.
The table below shows CSX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CSX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CSX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.42||52-week high||$34.96|
|Prev. close||$30.21||52-week low||$25.13|
|Day high||$30.69||Avg. volume||11,040,646|
|50-day MA||$32.16||Dividend yield||1.22%|
|200-day MA||$31.74||Market Cap||68.58B|
CSX Corporation (CSX) Company Bio
CSX Corporation provides rail-based transportation services in the United States and Canada. It offers traditional rail services, and transports intermodal containers and trailers. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
CSX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CSX Latest Social Stream
View Full CSX Social Stream
Latest CSX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Csx Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CSX as an investment opportunity.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Sept. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CSX Corp. (NASDAQ: CSX) will release third quarter financial and operating results after the market close on Wednesday, October 20, 2021. This will be followed by a conference call and live webcast hosted by the companys management team at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
CSX Corp (CSX) teams up with Rail Safety Partners to promote awareness in the Rail Safety Week across North America.
One of the best investments we can make is in our own knowledge and skill set. With that in mind, this article will...
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Sept. 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CSX (NASDAQ: CSX) joins Operation Lifesaver, Inc. (OLI), Operation Lifesaver Canada and the Mexican Association of Railroads (AMF) to help stop tragedies around railroad tracks and trains by observing Rail Safety Week across North America, September 20-26. This annual weeklong effort concentrates public attention on the need for rail safety education and saves lives by educating and empowering the public to make safe decisions around tracks
Watch out for railroad stocks like Union Pacific (UNP), Norfolk Southern (NSC) and CSX (CSX) as the U.S. railroad industry continues its recovery from the pandemic-induced slump.
CSX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|