CSX Corp. (CSX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CSX POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where CSX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.02% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CSX is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CSX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 29.62% of US stocks).
CSX Stock Summary
- CSX CORP's market capitalization of $58,268,603,510 is ahead of 96.38% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of CSX CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CSX CORP is higher than it is for about 94.97% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CSX CORP are SO, DUK, EXC, SRE, and SCCO.
- Visit CSX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.csx.com.
CSX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CSX's price/sales ratio is 263.64% higher, now standing at 4.
- CSX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CSX.
CSX Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 19.67%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -34.48%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 24.03%.
The table below shows CSX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CSX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CSX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.24% of graded US stocks.
- CSX's asset turnover comes in at 0.299 -- ranking 68th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- NSC, UNP, and PTSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CSX.
The table below shows CSX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CSX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CSX, see our CSX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$36.26||Average Broker Recommendation||1.56 (Moderate Buy)|
CSX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CSX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.85||52-week high||$38.17|
|Prev. close||$29.59||52-week low||$25.80|
|Day high||$29.94||Avg. volume||13,767,629|
|50-day MA||$30.49||Dividend yield||1.51%|
|200-day MA||$30.55||Market Cap||61.23B|
CSX Corp. (CSX) Company Bio
CSX Corporation is an American holding company focused on rail transportation and real estate in North America, among other industries. The company was established in 1980 as part of the Chessie System and Seaboard Coast Line Industries merger. The various railroads of the former Chessie System and Seaboard Coast Line Industries that are now owned by CSX Corporation were eventually merged into a single line in 1986 and it became known as CSX Transportation. CSX Corporation currently has a number of subsidiaries beyond CSX Transportation. Based in Richmond, Virginia, USA after the merger, in 2003 the CSX Corporation headquarters moved to Jacksonville, Florida. CSX is a Fortune 500 company. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CSX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CSX Latest Social Stream
View Full CSX Social Stream
Latest CSX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CSX CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CSX as an investment opportunity.
Quant Ratings Updated on 84 Stocks
There were several reasons for last week’s market volatility: Namely, the ongoing banking crisis and global central bank action.
CSX Signs Deal Related to Paid Sick Leave With IBEW Union
The latest deal with International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, the seventh one between CSX and rail unions, marks CSX's favorable terms with unions.
CSX Corp. Announces Date for First Quarter Earnings Release and Earnings Call
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 23, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CSX Corp. (NASDAQ: CSX) will release first quarter financial and operating results after the market close on Thursday, April 20, 2023. This will be followed by a conference call and live webcast hosted by the company’s management team at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Those interested in participating via teleconference may dial 1-888-510-2008. Callers outside the U.S. may dial 1-646-960-0306. Participants should dial in 10 minutes prior to the cal
CSX Reaches Agreement with IBEW Union on Paid Sick Leave
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CSX (NASDAQ: CSX) today announced that it has reached an agreement with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) to provide paid sick leave to employees. This is the seventh agreement between CSX and rail unions in recent weeks bringing the total number of employees that now have paid sick leave to nearly 7,700 – or 46 percent of CSX’s union-represented workforce. Other unions that have negotiated paid sick leave for their
Enhanced CSX Carbon Calculator Helps Shippers Achieve Sustainability Goals
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CSX (NASDAQ: CSX) today announced the launch of an enhanced carbon emissions reduction calculator that will help companies achieve their supply chain sustainability objectives by converting from truck to rail. The enhanced tool offers freight shippers increased insight into the environmental benefits of rail through analysis of customer-specific data to calculate potential greenhouse gas emissions saved by choosing rail over trucks. “The env
CSX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...