CVR Energy Inc. (CVI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVI POWR Grades
- CVI scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 69.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVI is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- CVI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
CVI Stock Summary
- Cvr Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.17% of US listed stocks.
- For CVI, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95% of US equities we're observing.
- CVI's price/sales ratio is 0.27; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 4.27% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HBM, PVG, TDG, CDZI, and ACM.
- Visit CVI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cvrenergy.com.
CVI Valuation Summary
- CVI's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 80% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 169 months, CVI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 30.2.
- CVI's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 169 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVI.
CVI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 94.73%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 91.67%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 228.6%.
The table below shows CVI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.07% of graded US stocks.
- CVI's asset turnover comes in at 1.356 -- ranking 9th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XOM, CVX, and MRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVI.
The table below shows CVI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.33||52-week high||$27.02|
|Prev. close||$14.46||52-week low||$9.81|
|Day high||$15.34||Avg. volume||767,622|
|50-day MA||$13.45||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.09||Market Cap||1.54B|
CVR Energy Inc. (CVI) Company Bio
CVR Energy engages in petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing activities in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Petroleum and Nitrogen Fertilizer. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Sugar Land, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVI Latest Social Stream
View Full CVI Social Stream
Latest CVI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cvr Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVI as an investment opportunity.
CVR Energy Inc. found using ticker (CVI) now have 5 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 18.45 and 12 calculating the average target price we see 15.09. Now with the previous closing price of 13.36 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 12.9%. The day 50 moving average is 13.29 and the 200 moving average now moves to 18.47. The company has a market capitalisation of $1,398m. Company Website: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="CVI" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] CVR Energy, through its subsidiaries, engages in petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing activities in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Petro...
Indeed, the outlook for U.S. refiners is looking pretty bleak. The second problem for U.S. refineries is that they have lost some of their geographic advantage. For years, oil produced in the U.S. has traded for less money than oil produced elsewhere.
Both renewable fuel processors and oil refiners are trying to profit off the growing market for sustainable aviation fuel and renewable diesel, but high prices for feedstocks like soybean oil has been more of a hazard for refiners, as their most recent earnings showed. These renewable fuel products are a fraction of overall sales of gasoline, diesel and other products, but it is growing. Refiners were forced to put off plans for expansion into renewable fuel production, but competitors who specialize in such fuels were able to shift to processing lower-cost feedstocks.
CVR Energy, Inc. ( NYSE:CVI ) shareholders will have a reason to smile today, with the analysts making substantial...
With me today are Dave Lamp, our Chief Executive Officer; Tracy Jackson, our Chief Financial Officer; and other members of management. Prior to discussing our 2021 second quarter results, let me remind you that this conference call may contain forward-looking statements, as that term is defined under federal securities laws.
CVI Price Returns