CVR Energy Inc. (CVI): Price and Financial Metrics
CVI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.47||52-week high||$43.61|
|Prev. close||$23.94||52-week low||$22.60|
|Day high||$23.56||Avg. volume||1,031,393|
|50-day MA||$27.70||Dividend yield||8.35%|
|200-day MA||$31.99||Market Cap||2.36B|
CVI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVI POWR Grades
- CVI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVI is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CVI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14.55% of US stocks).
CVI Stock Summary
- CVR ENERGY INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.96% of US listed stocks.
- CVI's price/sales ratio is 0.23; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 7.52% of US stocks.
- CVR ENERGY INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 21.35%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.4% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVR ENERGY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be TH, SHLS, CBZ, LLAP, and VCTR.
- Visit CVI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cvrenergy.com.
CVI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CVI's EV/EBIT ratio is 43.84% lower, now standing at 4.1.
- CVI's price/earnings ratio has moved up 78.2 over the prior 189 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVI.
CVI Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -17.71%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 11.61%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -12.09%.
The table below shows CVI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.3% of graded US stocks.
- CVI's asset turnover comes in at 1.356 -- ranking 9th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XOM, CVX, and MRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVI.
The table below shows CVI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVI Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CVI, see our CVI price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$15.24||Average Broker Recommendation||2.12 (Hold)|
CVR Energy Inc. (CVI) Company Bio
CVR Energy engages in petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing activities in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Petroleum and Nitrogen Fertilizer. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Sugar Land, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVI Latest Social Stream
View Full CVI Social Stream
Latest CVI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CVR ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVI as an investment opportunity.
CVR Energy Inc. (CVI) is Attracting Investor Attention: Here is What You Should Know
CVR (CVI) has been one of the stocks most watched by Zacks.com users lately. So, it is worth exploring what lies ahead for the stock.
2.3% earnings growth over 5 years has not materialized into gains for CVR Energy (NYSE:CVI) shareholders over that period
For many, the main point of investing is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But even the best stock...
CVR Energy Inc. (CVI) Is a Trending Stock: Facts to Know Before Betting on It
Recently, Zacks.com users have been paying close attention to CVR (CVI). This makes it worthwhile to examine what the stock has in store.
Magnolia (MGY) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Revenues Miss
Magnolia (MGY) expects to spend $100 million on drilling and completion activities in the second quarter of 2023.
Transocean's (RIG) Q1 Earnings Miss Estimates, Revenues Beat
Transocean (RIG) expects adjusted contract drilling revenues of $735 million, operations and maintenance expenses of $460 million, net interest expenses of $118 million, capital expenditure of $100 million and cash taxes of $15 million for the second quarter.
CVI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CVIHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Cvr Energy Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Cvr Energy Inc (CVI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Cvr Energy Inc (CVI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Cvr Energy Inc (CVI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...