CVR Energy Inc. (CVI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVI POWR Grades
- CVI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 80.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVI is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CVI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
CVI Stock Summary
- Cvr Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.85% of US listed stocks.
- CVI's current price/earnings ratio is 100.85, which is higher than 93.51% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cvr Energy Inc is higher than it is for about 93.48% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EXP, GDS, CLB, CDMO, and DENN.
- Visit CVI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cvrenergy.com.
CVI Valuation Summary
- CVI's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 80% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 169 months, CVI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 30.2.
- CVI's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 169 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVI.
CVI Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 10.41%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 116.6%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -12.17%.
The table below shows CVI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.3% of graded US stocks.
- CVI's asset turnover comes in at 1.356 -- ranking 9th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XOM, CVX, and MRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVI.
The table below shows CVI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.83||52-week high||$34.83|
|Prev. close||$33.59||52-week low||$11.22|
|Day high||$34.83||Avg. volume||758,790|
|50-day MA||$27.87||Dividend yield||4.59%|
|200-day MA||$20.25||Market Cap||3.50B|
CVR Energy Inc. (CVI) Company Bio
CVR Energy engages in petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing activities in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Petroleum and Nitrogen Fertilizer. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Sugar Land, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVI Latest Social Stream
View Full CVI Social Stream
Latest CVI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cvr Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVI as an investment opportunity.
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of CVR Energy, Inc...
Companies in The News Are: MDT,CNP,WLK,CVI
CVR Energy, Inc. (CVI) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 22, 2022 1:00 PM ET Company Participants Richard Roberts - Senior Manager of FP&A & IR David Lamp - President & CEO Dane Neumann - EVP & CFO Conference Call Participants Phil Gresh - JPMorgan Manav Gupta - Credit Suisse...
CVR (CVI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -500% and 18.24%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Reported full-year 2021 net income of $25 million and EBITDA of $462 million, despite $435 million in RINs expense due to the broken Renewable Fuel Standard program that we are working diligently to repair.Improved environmental, health and safety performance year-over-year.Paid a special dividend valued at approximately $492 million, an equivalent of $4.89 per share, to CVR Energy stockholders during the second quarter of 2021. CVR Partners declared distributions of $9.89 per common unit for 20
CVI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|