CVR Energy Inc. (CVI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CVI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.67% of US stocks.
- CVI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- CVI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 16.74% of US stocks).
CVI Stock Summary
- CVR ENERGY INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.55% of US listed stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CVR ENERGY INC is higher than it is for about 92.08% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CVI has reported earnings growth of -416.85%, putting it ahead of just 4.33% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVR ENERGY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CHCI, FXLV, EXP, JUPW, and CDMO.
- Visit CVI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cvrenergy.com.
CVI Valuation Summary
- CVI's price/earnings ratio is 8.1; this is 17.35% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 182 months, CVI's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVI.
CVI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 800.73%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.26%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -4.38%.
The table below shows CVI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 64.3% of graded US stocks.
- CVI's asset turnover comes in at 1.356 -- ranking 9th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XOM, CVX, and MRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVI.
The table below shows CVI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.98||52-week high||$43.61|
|Prev. close||$28.78||52-week low||$14.51|
|Day high||$29.87||Avg. volume||823,655|
|50-day MA||$31.77||Dividend yield||5.52%|
|200-day MA||$27.39||Market Cap||2.91B|
CVR Energy Inc. (CVI) Company Bio
CVR Energy engages in petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing activities in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Petroleum and Nitrogen Fertilizer. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Sugar Land, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVI Latest Social Stream
View Full CVI Social Stream
Latest CVI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CVR ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVI as an investment opportunity.
CVR (CVI) has received quite a bit of attention from Zacks.com users lately. Therefore, it is wise to be aware of the facts that can impact the stock's prospects.
Billionaire Carl Icahn warns 'you can't cure' hot inflation — but when an audience member asked him for stock picks, he gave these 2 'cheap and viable' names
The 86-year-old investing legend has spoken. Pay attention.
E ratio of 8.90.
Here is how Exxon Mobil (XOM) and CVR Energy (CVI) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
CVI, CIXX and OXM made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on September 23, 2022.
CVI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|