Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVLG POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CVLG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.72% of US stocks.
- CVLG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CVLG's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 35.11% of US stocks).
CVLG Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 11.97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- CVLG's price/sales ratio is 0.34; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 11.33% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC is reporting a growth rate of 298.29%; that's higher than 94.31% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PUMP, NGS, AEHL, MLP, and AEMD.
- CVLG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.covenanttransport.com.
CVLG Valuation Summary
- CVLG's price/earnings ratio is 5; this is 70.33% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CVLG's price/earnings ratio has moved up 45.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVLG.
CVLG Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 29.25%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 21.24%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -81.98%.
The table below shows CVLG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVLG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVLG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.48% of graded US stocks.
- CVLG's asset turnover comes in at 1.347 -- ranking 20th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- MATX, ASC, and USAK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVLG.
The table below shows CVLG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVLG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVLG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.82||52-week high||$34.80|
|Prev. close||$29.30||52-week low||$17.23|
|Day high||$29.67||Avg. volume||119,785|
|50-day MA||$30.71||Dividend yield||1.09%|
|200-day MA||$24.65||Market Cap||416.54M|
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG) Company Bio
Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides truckload transportation and brokerage services primarily in the continental United States. It offers expedited and dedicated services. The company also provides ancillary services, including freight brokerage and logistics services, warehousing, and accounts receivable factoring; and over-the-road truckload services, as well as transportation management, shuttle, and switching services. It serves transportation companies, such as freight forwarders, less-than-truckload carriers, and third-party logistics providers; and traditional truckload customers, including manufacturers, retailers, and food and beverage shippers. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated 3,154 tractors and 6,950 trailers. Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVLG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVLG Latest Social Stream
View Full CVLG Social Stream
Latest CVLG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVLG as an investment opportunity.
Findings reflect company’s continued commitment to its people and communities and the planetCHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Sept. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. a leading provider of transportation and logistics services in the U.S., announces the release of the company’s 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report. Key sections from this year’s report showcase Covenant’s 2021 commitment to its employees and drivers, the communities it serves, and the wellbeing of our plan
Covenant Logistics Group Announces New Agreement to Sell Excess Real Estate and Quarterly Cash Dividend
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Aug. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today that it has agreed to sell a California terminal for approximately $44.0 million, as well as the declaration of a quarterly cash dividend of $0.08 per share of common stock. Real Estate SaleThe Company has agreed to sell a California terminal for approximately $44.0 million in cash net of transaction costs. The buyer has paid a $2.0 million deposit
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Aug. 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today that it has filed a universal shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) to replace a universal shelf registration statement on Form S-3 that expired in late 2021. The Company filed the shelf registration statement with the SEC to provide the Company with flexibility to access the capit
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
Results: Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. Exceeded Expectations And The Consensus Has Updated Its Estimates
As you might know, Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CVLG ) just kicked off its latest quarterly results with...
CVLG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|