Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVLG POWR Grades
- CVLG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 89.65% of US stocks.
- CVLG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CVLG ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 57th percentile.
CVLG Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.4, Covenant Logistics Group Inc has a higher such ratio than only 7.11% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -63.41%, Covenant Logistics Group Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 5.54% of about US stocks.
- Covenant Logistics Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 80.38%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.47% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Covenant Logistics Group Inc are ADES, CSSE, EVH, LZB, and USNA.
- CVLG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Covenant Logistics Group Inc's official web site, go to www.covenanttransport.com.
CVLG Valuation Summary
- CVLG's price/earnings ratio is -11.5; this is 139.38% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CVLG's price/earnings ratio has moved down 30.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CVLG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVLG.
CVLG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -10.28%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -50.49%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -96.94%.
The table below shows CVLG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVLG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVLG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.27||52-week high||$23.97|
|Prev. close||$20.40||52-week low||$13.23|
|Day high||$20.62||Avg. volume||88,782|
|50-day MA||$21.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.89||Market Cap||339.56M|
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG) Company Bio
Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides truckload transportation and brokerage services primarily in the continental United States. It offers expedited and dedicated services. The company also provides ancillary services, including freight brokerage and logistics services, warehousing, and accounts receivable factoring; and over-the-road truckload services, as well as transportation management, shuttle, and switching services. It serves transportation companies, such as freight forwarders, less-than-truckload carriers, and third-party logistics providers; and traditional truckload customers, including manufacturers, retailers, and food and beverage shippers. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated 3,154 tractors and 6,950 trailers. Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
CVLG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Covenant Logistics Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Covenant Logistics Group Inc ranked in the 88th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Covenant Logistics Group Inc, consider:
- Covenant Logistics Group Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Covenant Logistics Group Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -3.75. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 11.9% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 12. This value is greater than 84.21% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CVLG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVLG Latest Social Stream
View Full CVLG Social Stream
Latest CVLG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Covenant Logistics Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVLG as an investment opportunity.
Covenant Logistics (CVLG): Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.96 beats by $0.27; GAAP EPS of $0.91 beats by $0.25.Revenue of $256.32M (+33.7% Y/Y) beats by $31.57M.Shares +00%.Press Release...
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., July 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today financial and operating results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. The Company’s live conference call to discuss the quarter will be held at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time on Thursday, July 22nd, 2021. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, David R. Parker, commented: “We were pleased to report second quarter earnings of $0.91 per share and adjuste
Covenant (CVLG) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Covenant Logistics (CVLG) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. Announces Timing of Second Quarter Earnings Release and Conference Call
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., June 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (Nasdaq/GS: CVLG) announced it plans to release its second quarter earnings after 4:00 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, July 21, 2021. Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. will hold a live conference call to discuss its second quarter earnings release on Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time. Individuals with questions may dial in at 877-271-1828 (U.S./Canada) and 800-756-3333 (International), access code
CVLG Price Returns