Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVLG POWR Grades
- CVLG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.24% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVLG is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- CVLG's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 45.29% of US stocks).
CVLG Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.5, Covenant Logistics Group Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 9.27% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, CVLG has reported earnings growth of -304.31%, putting it ahead of only 7.39% of US stocks in our set.
- Covenant Logistics Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 63.1%, greater than the shareholder yield of 96.77% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVLG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are APRN, NGS, PUMP, LBRT, and NEX.
- Visit CVLG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.covenanttransport.com.
CVLG Valuation Summary
- CVLG's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 87.88% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CVLG's price/earnings ratio has moved up 23.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CVLG's price/earnings ratio has gone up 23.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVLG.
CVLG Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 974.66%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -96.94%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -49.78%.
The table below shows CVLG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVLG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVLG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.06% of graded US stocks.
- CVLG's asset turnover comes in at 1.347 -- ranking 20th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- MATX, ASC, and USAK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVLG.
The table below shows CVLG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVLG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVLG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.25||52-week high||$34.75|
|Prev. close||$27.43||52-week low||$13.23|
|Day high||$29.53||Avg. volume||116,460|
|50-day MA||$26.20||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$21.58||Market Cap||474.71M|
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG) Company Bio
Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides truckload transportation and brokerage services primarily in the continental United States. It offers expedited and dedicated services. The company also provides ancillary services, including freight brokerage and logistics services, warehousing, and accounts receivable factoring; and over-the-road truckload services, as well as transportation management, shuttle, and switching services. It serves transportation companies, such as freight forwarders, less-than-truckload carriers, and third-party logistics providers; and traditional truckload customers, including manufacturers, retailers, and food and beverage shippers. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated 3,154 tractors and 6,950 trailers. Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVLG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVLG Latest Social Stream
View Full CVLG Social Stream
Latest CVLG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Covenant Logistics Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVLG as an investment opportunity.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Oct. 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today financial and operating results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021. The Company’s live conference call to discuss the quarter will be held at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time on Thursday, October 21st, 2021. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, David R. Parker, commented: “We were pleased to report third quarter earnings of $0.97 per share and n
Covenant Logistics (CVLG) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
While Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CVLG ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it...
Is (CVLG) Outperforming Other Transportation Stocks This Year?
Covenant Logistics (CVLG) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
CVLG Price Returns