Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG): Price and Financial Metrics
CVLG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.00||52-week high||$57.57|
|Prev. close||$43.90||52-week low||$27.97|
|Day high||$44.30||Avg. volume||82,545|
|50-day MA||$49.51||Dividend yield||1%|
|200-day MA||$40.22||Market Cap||556.72M|
CVLG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVLG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CVLG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.68% of US stocks.
- CVLG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CVLG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.43% of US stocks).
CVLG Stock Summary
- CVLG's current price/earnings ratio is 6.2, which is higher than just 12.17% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.49, COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC has a higher such ratio than merely 17.72% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 127.22%, COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC's debt growth rate surpasses 91.15% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVLG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AR, GFF, TDW, AINC, and BFI.
- Visit CVLG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.covenanttransport.com.
CVLG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CVLG's price/earnings ratio is 65.59% lower, now standing at 6.4.
- Over the past 243 months, CVLG's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVLG.
CVLG Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 344.37%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 49.14%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5.9%.
The table below shows CVLG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVLG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVLG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.48% of graded US stocks.
- CVLG's asset turnover comes in at 1.347 -- ranking 20th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- MATX, ASC, and USAK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVLG.
The table below shows CVLG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG) Company Bio
Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides truckload transportation and brokerage services primarily in the continental United States. It offers expedited and dedicated services. The company also provides ancillary services, including freight brokerage and logistics services, warehousing, and accounts receivable factoring; and over-the-road truckload services, as well as transportation management, shuttle, and switching services. It serves transportation companies, such as freight forwarders, less-than-truckload carriers, and third-party logistics providers; and traditional truckload customers, including manufacturers, retailers, and food and beverage shippers. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated 3,154 tractors and 6,950 trailers. Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
CVLG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVLG Latest Social Stream
View Full CVLG Social Stream
Latest CVLG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVLG as an investment opportunity.
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CVLG ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw a significant share price...
Quest for Quality Award Quality 2023 CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Aug. 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. a leading provider of transportation and logistics services in the U.S., has been awarded the Quest for Quality Award from Logistics Management. The Quest for Quality Awards are the gold standard for customer satisfaction and performance excellence for carriers, ports, and logistics providers worldwide. Logistics Management's (LM) Annual Quest for Quality Awards is the culmin
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Aug. 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today that its board of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.11 per share of Class A and Class B common stock. The quarterly cash dividend is payable to stockholders of record on September 1, 2023, and is expected to be paid on September 29, 2023. The quarterly cash dividend is pursuant to a cash dividend program previously approved by t
Investors are often guided by the idea of discovering 'the next big thing', even if that means buying 'story stocks...
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., July 26, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today financial and operating results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2023. The Company’s conference call to discuss the quarter will be held at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time on Thursday, July 27, 2023. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, David R. Parker, commented: “We are pleased to report second quarter earnings of $0.91 per diluted share and non-GAA
CVLG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|