Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVLG POWR Grades
- CVLG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 88.18% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVLG is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CVLG ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 41st percentile.
CVLG Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.64, COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 9.01% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- CVLG's price/sales ratio is 0.44; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 13.66% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CVLG has reported earnings growth of 282.81%, putting it ahead of 93.96% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be NEX, WOW, EPSN, AEMD, and SD.
- Visit CVLG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.covenanttransport.com.
CVLG Valuation Summary
- CVLG's EV/EBIT ratio is 3.9; this is 77.46% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CVLG's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVLG.
CVLG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -49.87%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 32.54%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -49.87%.
The table below shows CVLG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVLG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVLG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.48% of graded US stocks.
- CVLG's asset turnover comes in at 1.347 -- ranking 20th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- MATX, ASC, and USAK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVLG.
The table below shows CVLG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVLG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVLG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.35||52-week high||$40.37|
|Prev. close||$38.36||52-week low||$17.23|
|Day high||$38.59||Avg. volume||122,925|
|50-day MA||$33.69||Dividend yield||0.83%|
|200-day MA||$27.00||Market Cap||517.49M|
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG) Company Bio
Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides truckload transportation and brokerage services primarily in the continental United States. It offers expedited and dedicated services. The company also provides ancillary services, including freight brokerage and logistics services, warehousing, and accounts receivable factoring; and over-the-road truckload services, as well as transportation management, shuttle, and switching services. It serves transportation companies, such as freight forwarders, less-than-truckload carriers, and third-party logistics providers; and traditional truckload customers, including manufacturers, retailers, and food and beverage shippers. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated 3,154 tractors and 6,950 trailers. Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVLG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVLG Latest Social Stream
View Full CVLG Social Stream
Latest CVLG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVLG as an investment opportunity.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Nov. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today that its board of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.08 per share of Class A and Class B common stock. The quarterly cash dividend is payable to stockholders of record on December 2, 2022 and is expected to be paid on December 30, 2022. The quarterly cash dividend is pursuant to a cash dividend program previously approved by the
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Nov. 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Women In Trucking (WIT) Association’s Redefining the Road magazine has named Covenant Logistics Group, Inc, a leading provider of transportation and logistics services in the U.S., as one of its Top Companies to Work for In Transportation for the second consecutive year. According to WIT, the characteristics that distinguish recognized companies include having a corporate culture supportive of gender diversity, flexible hours and work req
Analysts Offer Insights on Industrial Goods Companies: Autoliv (ALV) and Covenant Logistics Group (CVLG)
Analysts have been eager to weigh in on the Industrial Goods sector with new ratings on Autoliv (ALV – Research Report) and Covenant Logistics Group (CVLG – Research Report). Autoliv (ALV) Mizuho Securities analyst Vijay Rakesh maintained a Buy rating on Autoliv on October 21 and set a price target of $94.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $79.80. According to TipRanks.
With the Federal Reserve modulating the monetary system, it’s time to consider trucking stocks to sell to avoid sharp losses.
Covenant Logistics Group Announces Third Quarter Financial and Operating Results and Planned Changes to Management
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Oct. 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today financial and operating results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. The Company’s live conference call to discuss the quarter will be held at 9:00 A.M. Eastern Time on Friday, October 21, 2022. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, David R. Parker, commented: “We are pleased to report third quarter earnings of $3.39 per diluted share and
CVLG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|