Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVLG POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CVLG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.72% of US stocks.
- CVLG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CVLG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 17.85% of US stocks).
CVLG Stock Summary
- CVLG's current price/earnings ratio is 4.07, which is higher than merely 7.87% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.36, COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC has a higher such ratio than only 13.1% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 141.92%, COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC's debt growth rate surpasses 91.03% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be LBRT, NEX, MXC, RNGR, and LOCO.
- Visit CVLG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.covenanttransport.com.
CVLG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CVLG's price/earnings ratio is 79.06% lower, now standing at 4.
- CVLG's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVLG.
CVLG Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 344.37%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 49.14%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5.9%.
The table below shows CVLG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVLG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVLG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.48% of graded US stocks.
- CVLG's asset turnover comes in at 1.347 -- ranking 20th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- MATX, ASC, and USAK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVLG.
The table below shows CVLG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVLG Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CVLG, see our CVLG price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$31.67||Average Broker Recommendation||1.62 (Moderate Buy)|
CVLG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVLG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.31||52-week high||$40.37|
|Prev. close||$33.14||52-week low||$17.23|
|Day high||$33.51||Avg. volume||114,330|
|50-day MA||$34.60||Dividend yield||1.32%|
|200-day MA||$32.58||Market Cap||441.06M|
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG) Company Bio
Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides truckload transportation and brokerage services primarily in the continental United States. It offers expedited and dedicated services. The company also provides ancillary services, including freight brokerage and logistics services, warehousing, and accounts receivable factoring; and over-the-road truckload services, as well as transportation management, shuttle, and switching services. It serves transportation companies, such as freight forwarders, less-than-truckload carriers, and third-party logistics providers; and traditional truckload customers, including manufacturers, retailers, and food and beverage shippers. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated 3,154 tractors and 6,950 trailers. Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVLG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVLG Latest Social Stream
View Full CVLG Social Stream
Latest CVLG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COVENANT LOGISTICS GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVLG as an investment opportunity.
Covenant’s Misti Olszewski nominated as a Women in Trucking Association’s Top Woman to Watch
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., March 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Women In Trucking (WIT) Association's Redefining the Road magazine has named Covenant Logistics Group’s (Covenant) Misti Olszewski, vice president of enterprise and safety, as a Top Woman to Watch this year. The award exemplifies the mission of WIT, and recognizes career accomplishments over the past year as well as how top performers support other women in areas of diversity and inclusion, how they work collaboratively to improve gender
Covenant Logistics Group Announces Increase to Quarterly Cash Dividend
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Feb. 16, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today that, in connection with continued monitoring of the productivity of the Company’s assets and allocation of cash, its board of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.11 per share of Class A and Class B common stock, an increase to the $0.08 per share from the most recent quarter. The quarterly cash dividend is payable to stockholders
Covenant Logistics Group Announces Amended Stock Repurchase Program and 10b5-1 Trading Plan
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Jan. 31, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today that on January 30, 2023, the Company’s board of directors approved an amendment to the Company’s stock repurchase program authorizing the purchase of up to an aggregate $55 million of the Company's Class A common stock in open market or privately negotiated transactions. The amendment added an incremental approximately $37.5 million to the approxim
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CVLG) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CVLG) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 26, 2023 Operator: Welcome to today’s Covenant Logistics Group Fourth Quarter Earnings Release Conference Call. Our host for today’s call is Tripp Grant. I would now like to turn the call over to your host. Tripp, you may begin. Tripp Grant: Thank you, Ross. […]
Stocks Struggling Even After Upbeat Earnings, GDP Data
Stocks are a mixed bag today, even after fourth-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) data beat estimates.
CVLG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...