Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVLG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CVLG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.47% of US stocks.
- CVLG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CVLG ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 50th percentile.
CVLG Stock Summary
- CVLG's price/sales ratio is 0.38; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 7.58% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CVLG has reported earnings growth of -318.41%, putting it ahead of merely 6.19% of US stocks in our set.
- Covenant Logistics Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 20.96%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.8% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVLG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MLP, AEMD, PSB, GRWG, and MEC.
- Visit CVLG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.covenanttransport.com.
CVLG Valuation Summary
- CVLG's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 87.88% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- CVLG's price/earnings ratio has moved up 23.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CVLG's price/earnings ratio has gone up 23.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVLG.
CVLG Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -96.94%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 19.25%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 974.66%.
The table below shows CVLG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVLG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVLG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.48% of graded US stocks.
- CVLG's asset turnover comes in at 1.347 -- ranking 20th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- MATX, ASC, and USAK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVLG.
The table below shows CVLG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVLG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVLG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.74||52-week high||$34.75|
|Prev. close||$20.60||52-week low||$17.23|
|Day high||$20.93||Avg. volume||103,829|
|50-day MA||$21.03||Dividend yield||1.2%|
|200-day MA||$23.96||Market Cap||323.50M|
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG) Company Bio
Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides truckload transportation and brokerage services primarily in the continental United States. It offers expedited and dedicated services. The company also provides ancillary services, including freight brokerage and logistics services, warehousing, and accounts receivable factoring; and over-the-road truckload services, as well as transportation management, shuttle, and switching services. It serves transportation companies, such as freight forwarders, less-than-truckload carriers, and third-party logistics providers; and traditional truckload customers, including manufacturers, retailers, and food and beverage shippers. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated 3,154 tractors and 6,950 trailers. Covenant Transportation Group, Inc. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVLG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVLG Latest Social Stream
View Full CVLG Social Stream
Latest CVLG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Covenant Logistics Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVLG as an investment opportunity.
NKLA stock wants to regain investor favor through its Feb. 24 earnings call.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Feb. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: CVLG) (“Covenant” or the “Company”) announced today the adoption of a $30 million stock repurchase program and an acquisition. Stock Repurchase ProgramOn February 10, 2022, the Company’s board of directors approved a stock repurchase program authorizing the purchase of up to $30 million of the Company's Class A common stock in open market or privately negotiated transactions. The stock repurchase pro
NKLA stock may finally be poised for a turnaround in light of a crucial approval in California and a pair of in-progress purchase orders.
Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. (CVLG) CEO David Parker on Q4 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
No summary available.
Covenant Logistics (NASDAQ:CVLG) initiates $0.0625/share quarterly dividend.Forward yield 1.14%Payable March 25; for shareholders of record March 4; ex-div March 3.See CVLG Dividend
CVLG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|