Carvana Co. (CVNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVNA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CVNA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 42.5% of US stocks.
- CVNA's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CVNA's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 0.91% of US stocks).
CVNA Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CVNA is 41.88 -- better than 99.39% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 14.24 for Carvana Co; that's greater than it is for 96.53% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 208.8%, Carvana Co's debt growth rate surpasses 94.71% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Carvana Co are CDW, KMB, CWH, SYY, and BJ.
- CVNA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Carvana Co's official web site, go to www.carvana.com.
CVNA Valuation Summary
- CVNA's price/sales ratio is 6.4; this is 17.43% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- CVNA's price/earnings ratio has moved down 662.7 over the prior 53 months.
- Over the past 53 months, CVNA's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVNA.
CVNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVNA has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 0.51% of graded US stocks.
- CVNA's asset turnover comes in at 2.527 -- ranking 25th of 165 Retail stocks.
- OSTK, TKAT, and AMZN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVNA.
The table below shows CVNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.64||52-week high||$376.83|
|Prev. close||$22.58||52-week low||$19.80|
|Day high||$23.23||Avg. volume||7,801,397|
|50-day MA||$37.47||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$167.20||Market Cap||3.92B|
Carvana Co. (CVNA) Company Bio
Carvana sells used cars online. It has distribution centers in Atlanta, Georgia; Nashville, Tennessee; and Charlotte, North Carolina. It also has physical presence in Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Pittsburgh, Texas; and St. Louis, Missouri. Carvana, LLC operates as a subsidiary of DriveTime Automotive Group, Inc. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVNA Latest Social Stream
View Full CVNA Social Stream
Latest CVNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Carvana Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVNA as an investment opportunity.
The following segment was excerpted from this fund letter. Carvana Co (CVNA) Carvana (CVNA) is a company of which I have been critical for some time. From the bulls, there’s been a lot of slobbering over things like customer experience (if you consider rampant issues with title transfer in multiple...
Carvana Co. (CVNA) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 24, 2022 05:30 PM ET Company Participants Mike Levin - Vice President of Investor Relations Ernie Garcia - Chief Executive Officer Mark Jenkins - Chief Financial Officer. Conference Call Participants Zach Fadem - Wells Fargo Sharon Zackfia - William Blair Michael...
Online car retailer Carvana Co. (NYSE: CVNA) has signed an agreement to acquire the U.S. physical auction business of wholesale vehicle auction solutions provider ADESA for $2.2 billion in cash. ADESA, which is a subsidiary of Indiana-based digital automotive wholesale solutions firm KAR Auction Services (NYSE: KAR), has 56 sites and a team of 4,500 employees. Last year, ADESA U.S. facilitated over a million transactions, totaling around 6.5 million square feet of buildings on more than 4,000 acres of land. Last year, ADESA U.S. reported revenue and EBITDA of $800 million and $100 million, respectively.
KAR stock shot higher after Carvana announced a plan to acquire its physical auction business in an effort to boost sales.
Carmel-based KAR Global on Feb. 24 announced a pending agreement to sell the company’s ADESA U.S. physical auction business to Carvana for $2.2 billion. The sale will allow KAR to focus on its portfolio of digital marketplaces, and proceeds will be used to rescue corporate debt. Approximately 4,500 ADESA and KAR employees will transition to […]
CVNA Price Returns