Chevron Corporation (CVX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVX POWR Grades
- CVX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVX is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CVX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 3.04% of US stocks).
CVX Stock Summary
- CHEVRON CORP's market capitalization of $363,117,982,553 is ahead of 99.69% of US-listed equities.
- CVX's went public 37.1 years ago, making it older than 93.53% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, CVX has reported earnings growth of 227.99%, putting it ahead of 93.03% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MA, WMT, JPM, PG, and BABA.
- CVX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHEVRON CORP's official web site, go to www.chevron.com.
CVX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CVX's price/sales ratio is 3.7% higher, now standing at 1.4.
- Over the past 243 months, CVX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 12.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVX.
CVX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 73.12%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 37.44%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 44%.
The table below shows CVX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.57% of graded US stocks.
- CVX's asset turnover comes in at 0.504 -- ranking 49th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- MRO, BDCO, and TREC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVX.
The table below shows CVX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$179.45||52-week high||$189.68|
|Prev. close||$187.79||52-week low||$128.07|
|Day high||$184.23||Avg. volume||8,657,983|
|50-day MA||$177.70||Dividend yield||3.17%|
|200-day MA||$165.24||Market Cap||346.99B|
Chevron Corporation (CVX) Company Bio
Chevron engages in the petroleum, chemicals, and power and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in San Ramon, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVX Latest Social Stream
View Full CVX Social Stream
Latest CVX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHEVRON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVX as an investment opportunity.
Companies in the midstream segment transport the crude oil and raw gas to storage facilities, where they then handle the sale and transport of it to downstream providers.
Dow Jones Futures: Tesla Earnings Mixed, Chevron Sets $75 Billion Buyback; Market Rally Shows This Bullish Trait Again
Tesla earnings were mixed amid a slew of late results. Chevron announced a huge buyback. The market closed strong again.
(Bloomberg) -- Chevron Corp. plans to buy back $75 billion of shares and increase dividend payouts after a year of record profits that evoked angry denunciations from politicians around the world as soaring energy prices squeezed consumers. Most Read from BloombergHindenburg’s Short Sell Call Shaves $12 Billion Off Adani StocksUS Confronts China Over Companies’ Ties to Russia War EffortJosh Kushner Is Richer Than Trump After Billionaires Back His FirmTech-Led Slide Fades; Tesla Whipsaws on Earni
Chevron raises its quarterly dividend to $1.51 per share, giving the energy giant a 3.4% yield. Rival Exxon now offers a dividend yield of 3.2%.
CVX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|