Chevron Corporation (CVX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CVX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 68.11% of US stocks.
- CVX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CVX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
CVX Stock Summary
- CVX has a higher market value than 98.87% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $190,607,238,416.
- Chevron Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Chevron Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 7.66% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Chevron Corp are MRK, T, COST, NVS, and TMUS.
- CVX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chevron Corp's official web site, go to www.chevron.com.
CVX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CVX's price/earnings ratio is 248.94% lower, now standing at -24.5.
- CVX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CVX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVX.
CVX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$100.61||52-week high||$113.11|
|Prev. close||$100.95||52-week low||$65.16|
|Day high||$100.72||Avg. volume||10,491,169|
|50-day MA||$104.62||Dividend yield||5.31%|
|200-day MA||$95.90||Market Cap||193.98B|
Chevron Corporation (CVX) Company Bio
Chevron engages in the petroleum, chemicals, and power and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in San Ramon, California.
CVX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Chevron Corp. To summarize, we found that Chevron Corp ranked in the 20th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Chevron Corp ended up being:
- Chevron Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -11.88. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 6.22% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Chevron Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 22.31% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CVX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVX Latest Social Stream
View Full CVX Social Stream
Latest CVX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chevron Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVX as an investment opportunity.
The ruling by a U.S. federal judge is the latest twist in a nearly 30-year battle that began as an attempt to prove the oil company caused environmental harm in Ecuador.
REPYY vs. CVX: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
NEW YORK (Reuters) -A disbarred American lawyer who spent more than two decades trying to prove Chevron Corp polluted Ecuador's rainforest was found guilty on Monday by a U.S. judge of six counts of criminal contempt. U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska in Manhattan ruled that attorney Steven Donziger "repeatedly and willfully" defied court orders, including by failing to turn over his computer, phones and other electronic devices. Chevron did not respond immediately to requests for comment.
In this article, we discuss the 15 best Warren Buffett stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Buffett’s history, investment philosophy, and performance, go directly to the 5 Best Warren Buffett Stocks to Buy Now. Warren Buffett, the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and the Oracle of Omaha is one […]
When Chevron won approval for its $54bn Gorgon liquefied natural gas plant, it promised to store 100m tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions in one of the world’s biggest carbon capture and storage facilities. The US energy group touted the project in Western Australia as a standard-bearer for CCS technology and the industry’s dream of gas production thriving even in a carbon-constrained world. More than 30 projects have been announced in the past five years, according to the International Energy Agency, with the potential to triple the amount of CO2 captured each year.
CVX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|