Chevron Corporation (CVX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVX POWR Grades
- CVX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 71.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVX is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- CVX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.66% of US stocks).
CVX Stock Summary
- Chevron Corp's market capitalization of $205,684,606,456 is ahead of 99.14% of US-listed equities.
- CVX's went public 35.39 years ago, making it older than 92.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Chevron Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 7.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Chevron Corp are NVS, MRK, ABT, NKE, and NVO.
- Visit CVX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chevron.com.
CVX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$109.47||52-week high||$113.11|
|Prev. close||$106.68||52-week low||$65.16|
|Day high||$109.82||Avg. volume||10,663,112|
|50-day MA||$105.65||Dividend yield||4.71%|
|200-day MA||$90.03||Market Cap||211.06B|
Chevron Corporation (CVX) Company Bio
Chevron engages in the petroleum, chemicals, and power and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in San Ramon, California.
CVX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Chevron Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Chevron Corp ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 84%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Chevron Corp ended up being:
- Chevron Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -9.67. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 8.32% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Chevron Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 22.24% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CVX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVX Latest Social Stream
View Full CVX Social Stream
Latest CVX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chevron Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVX as an investment opportunity.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose in today's market, recovering more of its losses from earlier this week. The tech-heavy Nasdaq led on the upside.
RDS.A vs. CVX: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
The broader market is pretty frothy, but there's one sector still working its way back from trouble. I own two names in the space.
It's hard to find many chinks in the armor of Coca-Cola's (NYSE: KO) renowned dividend. The company has raised it for 59 consecutive years, and at current share prices, it delivers a yield of 3%, well above the S&P 500's average yield of 1.38%.
The Biden administration is expected to renew Venezuela sanctions waivers for Chevron (CVX) and four oil services companies amid a review of its broader policy toward the Maduro government, Argus reports, citing "sources close to the process."The current waivers that have allowed Chevron, Schlumberger (SLB), Halliburton (HAL), Baker Hughes (BKR)...
CVX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|