Chevron Corporation (CVX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVX POWR Grades
- CVX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.56% of US stocks.
- CVX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- CVX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
CVX Stock Summary
- Chevron Corp's market capitalization of $216,095,320,623 is ahead of 99.01% of US-listed equities.
- Chevron Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.68% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Chevron Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 7.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Chevron Corp are XOM, T, BHP, NEE, and LIN.
- CVX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chevron Corp's official web site, go to www.chevron.com.
CVX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CVX's price/earnings ratio is 161.69% higher, now standing at 52.6.
- Over the past 243 months, CVX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- Over the past 243 months, CVX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 29.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVX.
CVX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -62.75%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -11.21%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -300.44%.
The table below shows CVX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.58% of graded US stocks.
- CVX's asset turnover comes in at 0.504 -- ranking 47th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XOM, CVI, and MRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVX.
The table below shows CVX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$112.80||52-week high||$113.17|
|Prev. close||$111.74||52-week low||$65.16|
|Day high||$112.88||Avg. volume||10,520,796|
|50-day MA||$101.36||Dividend yield||4.75%|
|200-day MA||$101.86||Market Cap||218.15B|
Chevron Corporation (CVX) Company Bio
Chevron engages in the petroleum, chemicals, and power and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in San Ramon, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVX Latest Social Stream
View Full CVX Social Stream
Latest CVX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chevron Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVX as an investment opportunity.
Buy these dividend stocks and forget them for 10 years, you will win big and should have little to worry about in the interim.
arnings season is finally upon us and analysts are expecting some big performances from the oil majors, with high oil and gas prices providing the companies with plenty of profit
The next decade could be a lost one — unless you do this.
SAN RAMON, Calif., and HOUSTON /3BL Media/ - Chevron U.S.A. Inc., through its Chevron New Energies division, and a subsidiary of Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE: EPD) announced a framework ...
In this article, we will be taking a look at 20 Safe Dividend Stocks to Quit Your 9 to 5 Job. To skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to see the 5 Safe Dividend Stocks to Quit Your 9 to 5 Job. Whether you are a veteran dividend investor, or […]
CVX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|