Chevron Corporation (CVX): Price and Financial Metrics
CVX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$156.40||52-week high||$189.68|
|Prev. close||$152.16||52-week low||$132.54|
|Day high||$156.59||Avg. volume||8,224,134|
|50-day MA||$161.76||Dividend yield||3.94%|
|200-day MA||$166.79||Market Cap||296.32B|
CVX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVX POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CVX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CVX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 3.31% of US stocks).
CVX Stock Summary
- CVX has a market capitalization of $297,903,234,569 -- more than approximately 99.59% of US stocks.
- CHEVRON CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of CHEVRON CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 7.93% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KO, PEP, MA, BAC, and COST.
- CVX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHEVRON CORP's official web site, go to www.chevron.com.
CVX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CVX's price/earnings ratio is 20.29% higher, now standing at 8.3.
- Over the past 243 months, CVX's price/earnings ratio has gone down 22.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVX.
CVX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 73.12%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 73.12%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.86%.
The table below shows CVX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.57% of graded US stocks.
- CVX's asset turnover comes in at 0.504 -- ranking 49th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- MRO, BDCO, and TREC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVX.
The table below shows CVX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CVX, see our CVX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$122.33||Average Broker Recommendation||1.65 (Moderate Buy)|
Chevron Corporation (CVX) Company Bio
Chevron engages in the petroleum, chemicals, and power and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. The company was founded in 1879 and is based in San Ramon, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVX Latest Social Stream
View Full CVX Social Stream
Latest CVX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHEVRON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVX as an investment opportunity.
CVX Stock Price Prediction: Is Chevron Really Worth $189?
Chevron (CVX) stock is a hot topic among traders on Tuesday after the oil company got a new price prediction and upgrade!
PACW Stock Alert: The $2.6 Billion Reason PacWest Is Up Today
PacWest (PACW) stock is taking off on Tuesday as investors react to the regional bank selling $2.6 billion in real estate loans.
PLTR Stock Alert: Why Palantir Is Trending Today
Palantir (PLTR) stock is in the news following a couple of updates from the Big Data company and they have its shares rising higher.
RIDE Stock Alert: Lordstown Motors Plunges on Reverse Split
Lordstown Motors (RIDE) stock is falling hard on Tuesday after the electric vehicle (EV) company announced a reverse stock split.
7 Overvalued Energy Stocks to Sell Before June 2023
With these seven energy stocks to sell now, risk/return is not in your favor.
CVX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CVXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Chevron Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Chevron Corp (CVX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chevron Corp (CVX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chevron Corp (CVX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...