Clearway Energy, Inc. Class C (CWEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CWEN POWR Grades
- CWEN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 67.85% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CWEN is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- CWEN ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
CWEN Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 97.59, Clearway Energy Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 91.31% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Clearway Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CWEN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.27% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Clearway Energy Inc are BFS, FRT, STAY, BRX, and NNN.
- CWEN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Clearway Energy Inc's official web site, go to investor.clearwayenergy.com.
CWEN Valuation Summary
- CWEN's price/sales ratio is 4.6; this is 64.29% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 96 months, CWEN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down $20.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CWEN.
CWEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CWEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.35||52-week high||$37.23|
|Prev. close||$27.93||52-week low||$21.69|
|Day high||$28.38||Avg. volume||846,205|
|50-day MA||$27.56||Dividend yield||4.66%|
|200-day MA||$28.97||Market Cap||5.72B|
Clearway Energy, Inc. Class C (CWEN) Company Bio
Clearway Energy (formerly NRG Yield, Inc.) acquires, owns, and operates contracted renewable and conventional generation, and thermal infrastructure assets in the United States. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Princeton, New Jersey. NRG Yield, Inc. is a subsidiary of NRG Energy, Inc.
CWEN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Clearway Energy Inc. To summarize, we found that Clearway Energy Inc ranked in the 54th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CWEN, they are:
- 27% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 4.69% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 73% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately 95.27% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 12. This value is greater than 87.57% stocks in the Utilities sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CWEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CWEN Latest Social Stream
View Full CWEN Social Stream
Latest CWEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Clearway Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CWEN as an investment opportunity.
A stock with a high dividend yield can be enticing, but it's important you ensure the dividend is backed by a steady, even rising, payout and is sustainable to avoid the risk of falling into value traps that high-yield stocks can sometimes turn out to be. Despite a solid 5.5% yield that's backed by growing dividends, W.P. Carey (NYSE: WPC) is an underrated stock. Investors in W.P. Carey were worried about how the company will ride out the COVID-19 pandemic storm as it brought commercial activity to a grinding halt.
Tesla's (NASDAQ: TSLA) Elon Musk recently made headlines after saying the electric vehicle maker would no longer accept Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) as a payment due to "rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for bitcoin mining and transactions." Several companies are helping drive the energy transition. Three that stand out to our energy contributors as leaders are Brookfield Renewable (NYSE: BEP)(NYSE: BEPC), Clearway Energy (NYSE: CWEN)(NYSE: CWEN.A), and NextEra Energy (NYSE: NEE).
PRINCETON, N.J., April 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clearway Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CWEN, CWEN.A) today announced it completed the acquisition of Mt. Storm, a 264 MW asset in Grant County, West Virginia, from Castleton Commodities International. “The closing of the Mt. Storm transaction provides the Company geographic diversification, accretive growth, and leverages Clearway’s existing platform of wind investments in West Virginia to provide for operational efficiencies,” said Christopher Sotos, Clearway Energy, Inc.’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “In partnership with our sponsor, Clearway Group, we look forward to deepening our commitment to support investments in local businesses and the community through Mt. Storm and our other renewable energy projects in West Virginia.” Abou...
Global economies are in the process of switching from fossil fuels to cleaner alternatives like renewable energy. Investors won't want to miss the energy transition megatrend. Three energy stocks that our contributors believe can benefit from the transition are French energy giant Total (NYSE: TOT), clean energy producer Clearway Energy (NYSE: CWEN)(NYSE: CWEN.A), and global renewables leader Brookfield Renewable Partners (NYSE: BEP).
Performance at Clearway Energy, Inc. ( NYSE:CWEN.A ) has been reasonably good and CEO Chris Sotos has done a decent job...
CWEN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|