Clearway Energy, Inc. Class C (CWEN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CWEN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CWEN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CWEN is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- CWEN's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 19.1% of US stocks).
CWEN Stock Summary
- CWEN's current price/earnings ratio is 138.33, which is higher than 94.68% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Clearway Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.04% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Clearway Energy Inc is higher than it is for about 95.08% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Clearway Energy Inc are NJR, SR, SVC, AL, and FRT.
- Visit CWEN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to investor.clearwayenergy.com.
CWEN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, CWEN's price/earnings ratio is 532.44% higher, now standing at 142.3.
- CWEN's price/sales ratio has moved down 5 over the prior 99 months.
- CWEN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 5.5 over the prior 99 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CWEN.
CWEN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 31.7%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -190.91%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 179.41%.
The table below shows CWEN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CWEN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CWEN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.3% of graded US stocks.
- CWEN's asset turnover comes in at 0.112 -- ranking 96th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PPL, VIA, and PNW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CWEN.
The table below shows CWEN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CWEN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CWEN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.47||52-week high||$37.23|
|Prev. close||$31.53||52-week low||$23.94|
|Day high||$31.66||Avg. volume||809,901|
|50-day MA||$29.74||Dividend yield||4.25%|
|200-day MA||$29.41||Market Cap||6.35B|
Clearway Energy, Inc. Class C (CWEN) Company Bio
Clearway Energy (formerly NRG Yield, Inc.) acquires, owns, and operates contracted renewable and conventional generation, and thermal infrastructure assets in the United States. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Princeton, New Jersey. NRG Yield, Inc. is a subsidiary of NRG Energy, Inc.
Most Popular Stories View All
CWEN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CWEN Latest Social Stream
View Full CWEN Social Stream
Latest CWEN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Clearway Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CWEN as an investment opportunity.
TTE vs. CWEN: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Energy stocks, for example, offer tremendous growth potential right now if you know where to look. With a seismic shift from fossil fuels to clean energy underway, you may be wary of investing in oil stocks. TotalEnergies (NYSE: TTE) is one such company, going all out on renewable energy.
Clearway Energy (CWEN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Clearway Energy Inc (CWEN): Price Down $-0.24 (-0.75)% Over Past Day, Down $-0.03 (-0.09)% Over Past Hour
This is the 2nd day in a row cwen has seen its price head down. The post Clearway Energy Inc (CWEN): Price Down $-0.24 (-0.75)% Over Past Day, Down $-0.03 (-0.09)% Over Past Hour appeared first on ETF Daily News .
Renewable energy is being adopted in a big way in the United States, as businesses pursue plans to decarbonize. According to a Deloitte report, citing data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), electricity consumption is likely to go up by 1.3% this year. The United States is preparing to adopt a set of new energy policies that aim to halve its greenhouse emissions by 2035. The U.S. has already embarked on this as earlier this month, U.S. President Joe Biden signed an executive order that intends to make 50% of all new vehicles sold in the United States electric by 2030, in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
CWEN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|