California Water Service Group (CWT): Price and Financial Metrics
CWT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.12||52-week high||$66.12|
|Prev. close||$48.45||52-week low||$47.87|
|Day high||$48.28||Avg. volume||286,662|
|50-day MA||$51.04||Dividend yield||2.08%|
|200-day MA||$56.22||Market Cap||2.78B|
CWT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CWT POWR Grades
- CWT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 69.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CWT is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CWT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.27% of US stocks).
CWT Stock Summary
- CALIFORNIA WATER SERVICE GROUP's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 85.21% of US equities in our set.
- CWT's current price/earnings ratio is 45.17, which is higher than 86.41% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CALIFORNIA WATER SERVICE GROUP is higher than it is for about 81.68% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CWT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NXST, UHT, NEWT, KORE, and BYD.
- Visit CWT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.calwatergroup.com.
CWT Valuation Summary
- CWT's price/earnings ratio is 46.2; this is 127.59% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CWT's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CWT.
CWT Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 17.93%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 1071.03%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -8.81%.
The table below shows CWT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CWT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CWT has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.15% of graded US stocks.
- CWT's asset turnover comes in at 0.229 -- ranking 45th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PCYO, LNG, and SRE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CWT.
The table below shows CWT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
California Water Service Group (CWT) Company Bio
California Water Services Group provides water utility and other related services in California, Washington, New Mexico, and Hawaii. The company was founded in 1926 and is based in San Jose, California.
CWT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CWT Latest Social Stream
View Full CWT Social Stream
Latest CWT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CALIFORNIA WATER SERVICE GROUP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CWT as an investment opportunity.
American Water's (AWK) unit, Pennsylvania American Water, continues to invest in upgrading water and wastewater infrastructure to provide 24x7 services to customers.
Cal Water Enters Groundbreaking Partnership With State of California to Help Low-Income Customers Pay Water Bills
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NYSE: CWT—As part of its ongoing effort to support its low-income customers, California Water Service (Cal Water) has entered a first-of-its-kind agreement with the California Department of Community Services & Development (CSD) to make it easier for customers to access funds through the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP). LIHWAP, a federally funded program that offers a one-time benefit of up to $15,000 per household for p
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 07, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In its inaugural list recognizing trustworthy companies worldwide, Newsweek magazine has named California Water Service Group (Group) (NYSE: CWT) one of the “World’s Most Trustworthy Companies.” The honor was given to Group by Newsweek and Statista Inc., a leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider, based on feedback and analysis regarding trust among customers, investors, and employees. Fifty-five companies were honored in the en
Key Insights Significantly high institutional ownership implies California Water Service Group's stock price is...
American Water Works (AWK) unit Pennsylvania American Water to install 2,900 feet of new water mains in its service area to provide better service to its customers.
CWT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CWTWant to see what other sources are saying about California Water Service Group's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
California Water Service Group (CWT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
California Water Service Group (CWT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
California Water Service Group (CWT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch