California Water Service Group (CWT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CWT POWR Grades
- CWT scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 66.72% of US stocks.
- CWT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- CWT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
CWT Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 322.55, California Water Service Group is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 91.47% of US stocks.
- CWT's went public 31.7 years ago, making it older than 84.07% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of California Water Service Group's share price is greater than that of just 16.55% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to California Water Service Group are POR, UHT, AVA, AWR, and OGS.
- Visit CWT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.calwatergroup.com.
CWT Valuation Summary
- CWT's price/sales ratio is 3.9; this is 34.48% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- CWT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CWT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CWT.
CWT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 79.9%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 30.16%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 79.46%.
The table below shows CWT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CWT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CWT has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.15% of graded US stocks.
- CWT's asset turnover comes in at 0.229 -- ranking 45th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PCYO, LNG, and SRE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CWT.
The table below shows CWT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CWT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CWT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.09||52-week high||$68.40|
|Prev. close||$64.33||52-week low||$48.88|
|Day high||$64.51||Avg. volume||211,474|
|50-day MA||$61.53||Dividend yield||1.43%|
|200-day MA||$59.37||Market Cap||3.37B|
California Water Service Group (CWT) Company Bio
California Water Services Group provides water utility and other related services in California, Washington, New Mexico, and Hawaii. The company was founded in 1926 and is based in San Jose, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CWT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CWT Latest Social Stream
View Full CWT Social Stream
Latest CWT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about California Water Service Group that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CWT as an investment opportunity.
American States Water (AWR) is likely to gain from consistent customer wins and strategic investments. Also, its unit ASUS supports its earnings.
OGE Energy (OGE) makes a strong case for investment, given its estimates revision, strong earnings surprise history, systematic capital expenditures and ongoing expansion of the customer base.
Bank of America Corp DE cut its position in shares of California Water Service Group (NYSE:CWT) by 14.4% in the 2nd quarter, according to its most recent disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The fund owned 142,394 shares of the utilities providers stock after selling 23,945 shares during the quarter. Bank of America 
Bank of America Corp DE lowered its position in California Water Service Group (NYSE:CWT) by 14.4% in the second quarter, according to the company in its most recent 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The institutional investor owned 142,394 shares of the utilities providers stock after selling 23,945 shares during the period. Bank 
Alliant Energy (LNT) makes a strong case of investment, given its estimates revision, strong earnings surprise history and systematic investments to strengthen its infrastructure to serve customers efficiently.
CWT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CWTWant to see what other sources are saying about California Water Service Group's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
California Water Service Group (CWT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
California Water Service Group (CWT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
California Water Service Group (CWT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch