Cyanotech Corp. (CYAN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CYAN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $18,230,803, Cyanotech Corp has a greater market value than only 2.97% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Cyanotech Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 78.14% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- CYAN's price/sales ratio is 0.56; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 10.6% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CYAN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GIII, FSI, NATR, SMP, and TNC.
- CYAN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cyanotech Corp's official web site, go to www.cyanotech.com.
CYAN Valuation Summary
- CYAN's price/earnings ratio is 19.5; this is 6.92% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- CYAN's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CYAN's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CYAN.
CYAN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CYAN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.06||52-week high||$6.29|
|Prev. close||$3.15||52-week low||$2.17|
|Day high||$3.10||Avg. volume||154,327|
|50-day MA||$2.98||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.16||Market Cap||18.72M|
Cyanotech Corp. (CYAN) Company Bio
Cyanotech Corp. engages in the development and commercialization of natural products derived from microalgae. Its products include BioAstin natural astaxanthin, a dietary antioxidant shown to support and maintain the body's natural inflammatory response, to enhance skin, and to support eye and joint health; and Spirulina Pacifica, a dietary supplement used for extra energy, a strengthened immune system, cardiovascular benefits, and as a source of antioxidant carotenoids. The company was founded by Gerald R. Cysewski in 1983 and is headquartered in Kailua-Kona, HI.
CYAN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Cyanotech Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Cyanotech Corp ranked in the 86th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 593% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Cyanotech Corp, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 61% of its capital from equity, and 39% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 18.86% of US equities in the Consumer Defensive sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Cyanotech Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.26% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CYAN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CYAN Latest Social Stream
View Full CYAN Social Stream
Latest CYAN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cyanotech Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CYAN as an investment opportunity.
Are Cyanotech Corporation's (NASDAQ:CYAN) Fundamentals Good Enough to Warrant Buying Given The Stock's Recent Weakness?
It is hard to get excited after looking at Cyanotech's (NASDAQ:CYAN) recent performance, when its stock has declined...
A company making nutritional products from microalgae on Hawaii island expanded its fiscal year profit during the coronavirus pandemic with the help of federal aid.
KAILUA KONA, Hawaii--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cyanotech Reports Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2021
Microalgae Market Technology & Application Analysis: Cyanotech Corporation, Algatech LTD, Parry Nutraceuticals, Bayer Group, Australian Spirulina
Global Microalgae Market Research Industry and Forecast 2021-2027 is the latest report by Data Bridge Market Research which is the energetically growing market research company. The report throws light on specific drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and other determinants that tremendously
Spirulina Market Booming Segments; Investors Seeking Growth | DDW, Sensient Technologies, Cyanotech Corporation
Spirulina is a kind of blue-green algae. Also Known as cyanobacteria, a implausible super food that provides proteins, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fatty acids and other nutrient to human and animals. There are two catagary of spirulina such as
CYAN Price Returns