Danaos Corporation (DAC): Price and Financial Metrics
DAC Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.44, Danaos Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 6.22% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- For DAC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92.71% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of Danaos Corp's share price is greater than that of 97.32% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Danaos Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SRG, AQN, BRX, CDOR, and NHI.
- DAC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Danaos Corp's official web site, go to www.danaos.com.
DAC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.54||52-week high||$44.46|
|Prev. close||$39.40||52-week low||$2.50|
|Day high||$42.80||Avg. volume||704,432|
|50-day MA||$28.87||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$12.34||Market Cap||1.03B|
Danaos Corporation (DAC) Company Bio
Danaos Corporation engages in the ownership and operation of containerships, as well as chartering of its vessels to liner companies in Greece and internationally. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Piraeus, Greece.
DAC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Danaos Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Danaos Corp ranked in the 65th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Danaos Corp, consider:
- In the past 3.96 years, Danaos Corp has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.08%; that's higher than just 11.66% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- 29% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 7.29% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Danaos Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 7.56% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DAC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DAC Latest Social Stream
View Full DAC Social Stream
Latest DAC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Danaos Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DAC as an investment opportunity.
Danaos Corporation (DAC) reported results for 2020 on February 16. The company's earnings saw significant growth year over year and come as the company is positioning itself for another strong year. The new debt restructuring points to the likelihood of an imminent dividend re-initiation and the macro environment suggests another...
Tanker spot rates are horrible. Rates for gas carriers have fallen off a cliff. Only container shipping is booming. But you wouldn't know that by looking at ocean shipping stocks. Across every shipping sector, stocks are up double digits in February. "Shipping stocks have been on a tear for the past several weeks," said Clarksons Platou Securities analyst Omar Nokta during a Capital Link-sponsored virtual event on Tuesday. "We've gotten used to seeing pockets [of activity] for tankers or pockets for dry bulk. But we haven't seen this type of interest across the board in a while," said Nokta. Since the beginning of this month, dry bulk stocks of Safe Bulkers (NYSE: SB ), Eagle Bulk (NASDAQ: EGLE ), Golden Ocean (NASDAQ: GOGL ) and Star Bulk (NYSE: SBLK ) are up 61%, 48%, 36% and 35%, res...
Danaos ([[DAC]] +3.5%) reports Q4 revenues of $119.6M, compared to $110.2M during same quarter last year, an increase of 8.5%, beats consensus by $4.16M.Increase was mainly as a result of contractual increases in charter rates of vessels under long-term charters, partially offset by lower re-chartering rates between the two quarters for certain...
Danaos Corporation ("Danaos") (NYSE: DAC), one of the world’s largest independent owners of containerships, today reported unaudited results for the fourth quarter and the year ended December 31, 2020.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 16, 2021 / Danaos Corp. (NYSE:DAC) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 16, 2021 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.
DAC Price Returns
Continue Researching DACWant to see what other sources are saying about Danaos Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!