Danaos Corporation (DAC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DAC POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where DAC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.3% of US stocks.
- DAC's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- DAC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
DAC Stock Summary
- DAC's current price/earnings ratio is 3.46, which is higher than only 2.25% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Danaos Corp is higher than it is for about 92.82% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, DAC is more volatile than 97.71% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DAC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CIO, BGS, SJW, CDR, and SWX.
- DAC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Danaos Corp's official web site, go to www.danaos.com.
DAC Valuation Summary
- DAC's price/sales ratio is 3; this is 14.29% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 171 months, DAC's price/sales ratio has gone down $4.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DAC.
DAC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$73.78||52-week high||$75.93|
|Prev. close||$70.73||52-week low||$3.33|
|Day high||$74.98||Avg. volume||579,920|
|50-day MA||$60.01||Dividend yield||2.83%|
|200-day MA||$31.95||Market Cap||1.51B|
Danaos Corporation (DAC) Company Bio
Danaos Corporation engages in the ownership and operation of containerships, as well as chartering of its vessels to liner companies in Greece and internationally. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Piraeus, Greece.
DAC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Danaos Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Danaos Corp ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Danaos Corp ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Danaos Corp over the past 5.77 years is -0.02%; that's higher than only 19.26% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- Danaos Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 0.9% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Danaos Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DAC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DAC Latest Social Stream
View Full DAC Social Stream
Latest DAC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Danaos Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DAC as an investment opportunity.
The shipping industry includes companies that transport cargo around the world, from grains to apparel to electronics to appliances. In the past year, the shipping industry has underperformed the broader market. The benchmark Dow Jones U.S. Marine Transportation Index has provided a 1-year trailing total return of 21.5% compared with 44.4% for the iShares Russell 1000 ETF (IWB).
Photo by Abstract Aerial Art/DigitalVision via Getty Images Thesis Danaos (NYSE:DAC) is a container shipping company. In past years they've struggled with low rates, low expected growth in those rates, and high debt. This caused the company to be valued at a P/E of 5 rather than a higher multiple...
While Danaos Corporation ( NYSE:DAC ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a significant...
In the latest trading session, Danaos (DAC) closed at $67.65, marking a +0.55% move from the previous day.
Danaos (DAC) closed the most recent trading day at $67.28, moving +0.03% from the previous trading session.
DAC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|