Danaos Corporation (DAC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DAC POWR Grades
- DAC scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DAC is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- DAC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
DAC Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1.99, DANAOS CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 2.26% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for DANAOS CORP is higher than just 4.92% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for DAC comes in at 47.85% -- higher than that of 96.73% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DAC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CIO, INSW, AIV, ESBA, and OSG.
- DAC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DANAOS CORP's official web site, go to www.danaos.com.
DAC Valuation Summary
- DAC's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 40% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 189 months, DAC's price/sales ratio has gone down 5.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DAC.
DAC Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 26.77%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 158.17%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 144.19%.
The table below shows DAC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DAC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DAC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.39% of graded US stocks.
- DAC's asset turnover comes in at 0.174 -- ranking 107th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- HTLD, HUBG, and KNOP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DAC.
The table below shows DAC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DAC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.03||52-week high||$107.47|
|Prev. close||$55.08||52-week low||$52.73|
|Day high||$55.51||Avg. volume||362,013|
|50-day MA||$57.35||Dividend yield||5.45%|
|200-day MA||$73.37||Market Cap||1.14B|
Danaos Corporation (DAC) Company Bio
Danaos Corporation engages in the ownership and operation of containerships, as well as chartering of its vessels to liner companies in Greece and internationally. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Piraeus, Greece.
Most Popular Stories View All
DAC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DAC Latest Social Stream
View Full DAC Social Stream
Latest DAC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DANAOS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DAC as an investment opportunity.
Danaos Corporation ( NYSE:DAC ), might not be a large cap stock, but it received a lot of attention from a substantial...
Danaos Corporation ( NYSE:DAC ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in 4 days. Typically, the ex-dividend date is one...
Danaos Corporation Reports Third Quarter and Nine Months Results for the Period Ended September 30, 2022
ATHENS, Greece, November 07, 2022--Danaos Corporation ("Danaos") (NYSE: DAC), one of the world’s largest independent owners of containerships, today reported unaudited results for the period ended September 30, 2022.
When a stock breaks out above the 20-day simple moving average, good things could be on the horizon. How should investors react?
Should investors be excited or worried when a stock crosses above the 50-Day simple moving average?
DAC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|